XIM Community

[Q/A] lefthanded cod console player  (Read 80 times)

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
[Q/A] lefthanded cod console player
« on: 03:43 PM - 01/09/18 »
I just got the XIM4,Iam not use to playing games on pc,the mouse part is no problem but I cant get the hang of the movement on the keyboard. I like the gaming keypads with the built in analog stick but I'm left handed and they don't make them for left hand.I'm a cod player would a mouse and joystick work? help please.
« Last Edit: 03:51 PM - 01/09/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: lefthanded cod console player
« Reply #1 on: 03:51 PM - 01/09/18 »
You have two options and one of them is complicated. I recommend using a sony nav controller. This is the ideal solution to a user who prefers analog movement and it's ambidextrous so it should work fine for you. Keep the nav fully charged by charging direct with the console to avoid stability issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002I0K6X6/ref=olp_f_new?ie=UTF8&f_all=true

The second option is using the right side of your controller for player movement but there are two issues with this.

1) If you intend to use the analog stick to aim down sight you won't have the ability to adjust your secondary sensitivity. To avoid this just aim down sight using mouse 2.
2) In order to use the right stick you will need to use the game's lefty button layout. XIM4 expects the default button layout so using lefty may change the action names in your config. Some of them may be incorrect which is fine so long as you know which are incorrect and compensate for the wrong layout by assigning buttons based on their button name, not the action name. For example, assign based on the button square not the action associated with it: reload.

Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] lefthanded cod console player
« Reply #2 on: 04:13 PM - 01/09/18 »
would the sony nav controller work if I'm playing xbox1?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:19 PM - 01/09/18 »
I feel your pain brother, we are the red-headed step-children of the gaming world :sniff:

Instead of WASD, the most sensible hand position for lefties is IJKL. Alternately, you could use the arrow keys on a kb, but not on a tenkeyless as there aren't many usable keys within reach for other stuff like Jump, Reload, Grenade etc. I think I used to use the numpad so my thumb and pinky had something to do, but that's way off to the side of the kb and eats desk space.

Over a decade ago I bought a Z-Board Fang ambidextrous keypad and still use it to this day. It's more ergonomic than a keyboard and not as clunky as an analog controller. I love the thing, I wish there was a mechanical revision of it.

If you don't like keyboards (we can't use Orbweaver or Tartarus and G13 sucks for lefties), then a Nav controller would be the best option. And yes, it'll work on XB1.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:41 PM - 01/09/18 »
thanks, I seen on the internet where some one moved the analog stick on the razer orb. I might try that.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:29 PM - 01/09/18 »
Yes, the nav would work on X1.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:04 PM - 01/09/18 »
what about the aimon xb elite

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:54 PM - 01/09/18 »
Sorry, I don't know if this is compatible with XIM4.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:23 PM - 01/09/18 »
thanks, I seen on the internet where some one moved the analog stick on the razer orb. I might try that.
Razer sticks are digital. They behave like a d-pad, not an analog stick.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:55 PM - 01/12/18 »
Sorry, I don't know if this is compatible with XIM4.
what about the joy con,can you use it for nav. controller  like the Sony nav. controller, if so how do you pair them because I think the joy con is wireless  without a usb port?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:20 PM - 01/12/18 »
Not with XIM4 but Apex will support the left joycon only.