XIM Community

Keybord vs Taratarus?  (Read 202 times)

Offline sensitivity7

• View Profile
Keybord vs Taratarus?
« on: 09:25 AM - 01/05/18 »
Hey :)
I have played a couple of months with keyboard and mouse, and absolutly love it! I use an old razor lycosa keyboard and a new Logitech G pro mouse. And i love my choice of keyboard since the keys are no clicksound at all and the G pro is a very little mouse.

Now i have realised that theres small keyboards like taratarus with a little joystick at the side. I was wondering comparing to a keyboard how your experiance/advantage to use a joystick/keyboard to a casual keybord without any joystick. Whats your give or take on it?

Is it worth for example a taratus?

//kindly S7 (kd around 9-10 swb1/swb2)

Offline alanmcgregor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
Re: Keybord vs Taratarus?
« Reply #1 on: 02:30 PM - 01/05/18 »
The biggest advantage of having a keypad like Tartarus or Orbweaver, is that you can use the stick (digital 4 directional) to activate items on FPS shooters. So while you are moving with your WADS keys you can throw grenades or activate abilities by using your thumb without losing mobility (meaning you don't have to move your fingers from your directional keys to activate something else). That's a huge plus, making you more efficient and faster reaction times.

I'm orbweaver user, love it.

Of course you can use a different config, let your keys for abilities and the stick for movement, I think on this regard the G13 is a better choice for being an analog stick, but I have my muscle memory very ingrained to WADS config... I can't use it like this.

Another plus of having a keypad is: space. So you can use a large mouse pad, so you can aim a lot better if you are using an low sensitivity scheme.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R — modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L

Offline sensitivity7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:36 PM - 01/05/18 »
Gotta check out the orbweaver then! Im a low sensitivity player :) And love it! Donīt know for you guys if you play swb2? But i have noticed playing with low sensitivity benefits some classes but a disadvantage to others.

Curious to know your keybindings for the orb ;)

/kindly S7

Offline sensitivity7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:39 PM - 01/05/18 »
Werenīt thinking about the larger space for the mouse pad you will gain. Whats your setup with mouse dpi and common in game sensitivity?

curious :)