XIM Community

XIM APEX and XIM Link  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Klezy

• View Profile
Re: XIM APEX and SandhawC
« Reply #30 on: 09:47 AM - 03/14/18 »
Canít wait for this software to come out having my Razer profiles transfer through will be awesome

Offline FaxonRex

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05:12 PM - 03/14/18 »
On Pins and Needles over here...

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #32 on: 05:24 PM - 03/14/18 »
XiM Link needs to hurry up :)
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back w/ ModMic 5 & Creative Sound Blaster X7/ASTRO Mixamp | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:26 AM - 03/15/18 »
Ok, we are nearing the first beta release. Just few things that I want to get done before that.

But I can already tell what is and is not in the release build and also some changes that there will be:

- It will be maintained in Github. All bug tracking, changes and files will be found there. This is because it is much easier platform for me to keep track of things.

- 2 different builds will be available. The latest "stable" build with some level of change history. And "unstable" that is stable build + unlisted changes that will be in the next stable build. This makes it easier for me to just compile and push a new build without typing anything anywhere and make it the new stable build when a certain milestone has been reached.

- Mouse input handling library needs complete rewrite. Right now only mice and apex running at 1kHz are supported. Other polling rates will have undefined behavior. Also the current library is much more cpu heavy and more sensitive for cpu load from other sources. After rewrite it should be more consistent and other polling rates are automatically padded and synchronized.

- Joystick support is not yet in. This is also quite time consuming, so depending on which one people want more I will write this or rewrite mouse input library first.

Offline Arceye

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05:52 AM - 03/15/18 »
When you say Joystick support, are you referring to such as the joystick on the G13 ? or another controller ?.

I would guess ( and only a guess ) there are less people using the joystick functionality than those using it, so maybe the mouse library is the best choice, as everyone is using a mouse.
Of course, probably, most people are using the 1KHz polling as that is what the Apex is all about ( no disrespect meant )

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:50 AM - 03/15/18 »
Ok, we are nearing the first beta release. Just few things that I want to get done before that.

But I can already tell what is and is not in the release build and also some changes that there will be:

- It will be maintained in Github. All bug tracking, changes and files will be found there. This is because it is much easier platform for me to keep track of things.

- 2 different builds will be available. The latest "stable" build with some level of change history. And "unstable" that is stable build + unlisted changes that will be in the next stable build. This makes it easier for me to just compile and push a new build without typing anything anywhere and make it the new stable build when a certain milestone has been reached.

- Mouse input handling library needs complete rewrite. Right now only mice and apex running at 1kHz are supported. Other polling rates will have undefined behavior. Also the current library is much more cpu heavy and more sensitive for cpu load from other sources. After rewrite it should be more consistent and other polling rates are automatically padded and synchronized.

- Joystick support is not yet in. This is also quite time consuming, so depending on which one people want more I will write this or rewrite mouse input library first.

Great idea having it on github! If you need some testing done would be glad to help. I hope the 1k is not as jittery as it has been can't even use it right now with it like that.
« Last Edit: 07:28 AM - 03/15/18 by BlueMeatBall »

Offline Nokami

• Ehm... hey?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10:25 AM - 03/15/18 »
Thanks for the Update, can't wait!
Mouse: G900 | Keyboard: G710+ | XIM APEX
Gameplay: YouTube

Offline MRog40

• Buy me AWP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #37 on: 10:34 AM - 03/15/18 »
I know this is not something software devs like to hear, so I apologize ahead of time, but ETA?

I'd be happy to help test any experimental build you have if you need testers!

Also willing to do any mundane programming you don't want to do or could use help with. Not a CS major but I've taken my fair share of courses and just want to see XIM Link out in the wild.
PS4 | i5-6500, 1060 6GB | Samsung C24FG70 | Steelseries QcK XXL | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | Astro A40 TR | Logitech G502 Spectrum | Fortnite One Key Building Script

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #38 on: 10:41 AM - 03/15/18 »
I know this is not something software devs like to hear, so I apologize ahead of time, but ETA?

I'd be happy to help test any experimental build you have if you need testers!

Also willing to do any mundane programming you don't want to do or could use help with. Not a CS major but I've taken my fair share of courses and just want to see XIM Link out in the wild.

i'm with on you on this one. been refreshing all night and day hoping i'll see it's been released.
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back w/ ModMic 5 & Creative Sound Blaster X7/ASTRO Mixamp | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster

Offline Memeboy101

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:40 PM - 03/16/18 »
Cannot wait am pumped for this.

Offline MRog40

• Buy me AWP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #40 on: 12:19 PM - 03/19/18 »
Any updates? Impatiently waiting
PS4 | i5-6500, 1060 6GB | Samsung C24FG70 | Steelseries QcK XXL | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | Astro A40 TR | Logitech G502 Spectrum | Fortnite One Key Building Script

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #41 on: 06:16 PM - 03/19/18 »
Any updates? Impatiently waiting

same here. using this blackwidow ultimate 2012 without xim link is killing me because of the ghosting.

Offline kasp362

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11:26 AM - 03/21/18 »
cannot speak for w1ce but i can assure you hes working really hard to have the new sandhawc being done until launch

all that the version is missing right now are a few features but the core software itself works perfectly fine from my experience and is a huge upgrade to the original sandhawc
so if the demand is there i could see w1ce offering a beta version until the software is fully done, though i could also be wrong there

w11ce is working on it right now, so far it looks like itll be ready in 1-2 weeks
once it gets closer to release i can post an update on it :)

Can someone please update us about this software. My Xim still sits in the box waiting for its release. I understand that this software is not mandatory for the Xim to function but I purchased mine with the understanding that this software would be ready around launch.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
« Reply #43 on: 04:55 PM - 03/21/18 »
@kasp362 don't feel bad buddy, i think i broke my f5 key.

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05:27 PM - 03/21/18 »
cannot speak for w1ce but i can assure you hes working really hard to have the new sandhawc being done until launch

all that the version is missing right now are a few features but the core software itself works perfectly fine from my experience and is a huge upgrade to the original sandhawc
so if the demand is there i could see w1ce offering a beta version until the software is fully done, though i could also be wrong there

w11ce is working on it right now, so far it looks like itll be ready in 1-2 weeks
once it gets closer to release i can post an update on it :)

Can someone please update us about this software. My Xim still sits in the box waiting for its release. I understand that this software is not mandatory for the Xim to function but I purchased mine with the understanding that this software would be ready around launch.

We are all patiently waiting for this together. I have yet to finish setting mine up cause I always hated the app way. Also convenience. But keep in mind this is made by another community member and not even being paid for it. I am just thankful he is making a new one for us.