XIM Community

XIM APEX and XIM Link  (Read 5672 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIM APEX and XIM Link
« on: 02:55 AM - 01/05/18 »
For the Apex there will be a completely new version. Rewritten from zero and not many things are passing over. Here is a small list of things there will be (some technical terms, if you don't know what those mean, you don't need to care about those):

UI:
 - Uses WPF without any special tricks, you can go nuts with the resizing of the windows now.
 - More calm color scheme, possibly additional color schemes to restore the good old look.
 - Still possible to activate while on the background.

Connection:
 - Belkin transfer cable, but additional cables are possibly added in the future.
 - 1000Hz, estimated extra delay added is 600-1600us, depending on the sync of the devices.
 - Connection and mouse input health status.
 - Independent from XIM Manager. This means you can use the Manager at the same time with any device you want. SC will no longer freeze when you close down the console first.

Profiles:
 - Current active scripts and joystick bindings are tied to profiles.
 - Autoload linked game profile on XIM through profile hotkey.
 - Proper AHK script IPC. Scripts are now closed properly.
 - Scripts are checked automatically for the required lines to include files for the IPC.

Misc:
 - Keyboard keys can now be marked to behave differently on active state for better compatibility with other programs with hotkeys.
 - Additional activation and deactivation keys can be mapped.
 - Uses much less CPU than the previous version.
 - NOTE: A CPU with multiple logical cores is recommended / possibly required.

Some ideas I would want to implement, but I haven't checked yet if possible:
 - Automatically trigger mouse profiles.

Some things I would like to get feedback on:
 - Activation and deactivation indication. How should it be notified?

I am not sure about the name yet. I would not want to call it SandhawC 2 nor even SandhawC at all.
If you have any ideas for additional features, now would be a good time to tell me those.
« Last Edit: 03:06 PM - 03/28/18 by W11cE »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM APEX and SandhawC
« Reply #1 on: 09:23 AM - 01/05/18 »
W1ce you should not forget to mention that scripts are now running butter smooth, theres no more stutter or syncing needed :)

as for the name
W1cemeister Prime - The Definitive Edition™ ofc
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
« Reply #2 on: 03:01 PM - 01/05/18 »
I feel like the visual “enabled” and “disabled” works.  As for audible notifications I would love the options to be able to turn that off for streaming or recording purposes.

As for a name something simple like XIM Connect. Or XIM Bridge

Edit:  also simplify some of the settings.  Instead of letting us pick a polling rate based on a number give us a radio check box and just give us a handful of options.

I think biggest hurdle will be trying to figure out why some people get jitter while other don’t  (unless that’s already resolved)
« Last Edit: 03:08 PM - 01/05/18 by FortyOne »

Come Join us on Discord.  Its a great way to
chat and meet up with your fellow ximmers.
Just click on the Image to your left to Join.
<------------------------------------------
Link : SandhawC Profile Loader

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:42 AM - 01/08/18 »
I was thinking the name XIM Companion? I am super excited for a rebuild of this and love the application now!

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #4 on: 04:15 PM - 01/08/18 »
can't wait  ;D
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back w/ ModMic 5 & Creative Sound Blaster X7/ASTRO Mixamp | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster

Offline Interpool

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: N-terpool
« Reply #5 on: 12:42 PM - 01/15/18 »
Thanks W11cE for updating SandawC with Apex. Quick question, will the new SandhawC be out on day one when Apex is released?   I really love SandhawC and am looking forward to the update ! Thanks again!!

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:41 PM - 01/17/18 »
You can name it the program "Predator" instead of Sandhawc.

With Xim Apex + Predator.... you become the apex predator?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:19 PM - 01/18/18 »
I feel like the visual “enabled” and “disabled” works.  As for audible notifications I would love the options to be able to turn that off for streaming or recording purposes.
The problem with visual only is that it is not visible while SC is running on the background, that is why I would want to have more than that as an indicator. I was also thinking about using scroll lock for status indication, since that is rarely used and still exist on almost every keyboard.

Edit:  also simplify some of the settings.  Instead of letting us pick a polling rate based on a number give us a radio check box and just give us a handful of options.
There wont be ability to adjust polling rate. It is defined by XIM polling rate.

I think biggest hurdle will be trying to figure out why some people get jitter while other don’t  (unless that’s already resolved)
This is problematic, since there can be multiple reasons. Now there is an ability to record report data, so it is possible to see if mouse is jittering or the connection.

I was thinking the name XIM Companion? I am super excited for a rebuild of this and love the application now!

I am the only one who thinks a Raspberry Pi3 with sandhawc into the xim apex would be Amazing ?

A silent mini form windyhoes pc is still a cool option though : )
Anyone ? no?
Yes I think you are the only one  :o. That is not a good idea for a multiple of reasons. The biggest one being linux. The mouse and keyboard capturing is completely different, lack of drivers for special case devices and I don't even code anything for linux. So, sorry this wont be happening.

Thanks W11cE for updating SandawC with Apex. Quick question, will the new SandhawC be out on day one when Apex is released?   I really love SandhawC and am looking forward to the update ! Thanks again!!
I don't know yet. There is still quite a lot of stuff I want to code in before release, but not all of those are necessary though. We will see when we are closer to the release.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:58 PM - 01/18/18 »
You can name it the program "Predator" instead of Sandhawc.

With Xim Apex + Predator.... you become the apex predator?

If I wasn't so against this whole thing I would say this is win!
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline SomeZero

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SomeZer0
« Reply #9 on: 08:03 PM - 01/18/18 »

Thanks first for all the work on SandHawC my set up would be nigh impossible without it.

Hypothetical timeline to manage expectations:
So lets say Apex is released on Feb 1 would we be looking at Feb 1 for new software, Feb 15th or later?
Obviously not holding anyone to the timeline just want to gauge how fast I will grab the Apex because sans pc controlling software I would not be able to implement it just yet.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:36 AM - 01/19/18 »
cannot speak for w1ce but i can assure you hes working really hard to have the new sandhawc being done until launch

all that the version is missing right now are a few features but the core software itself works perfectly fine from my experience and is a huge upgrade to the original sandhawc
so if the demand is there i could see w1ce offering a beta version until the software is fully done, though i could also be wrong there
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline SomeZero

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SomeZer0
« Reply #11 on: 11:40 PM - 01/22/18 »
Awesome! Thanks and what an exciting time to be apart of the XIM community.

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
« Reply #12 on: 06:49 PM - 01/24/18 »
The problem with visual only is that it is not visible while SC is running on the background, that is why I would want to have more than that as an indicator. I was also thinking about using scroll lock for status indication, since that is rarely used and still exist on almost every keyboard.

As for running in the background you can always adjust the notification icon similar to how the audio icon changes when you audio is muted.  So it can run in the background but still have a visual notification.  As for for turning off the sound i found a way to go around it but it would be nice to not have to take that approach. 

- Keyboard keys can now be marked to behave differently on active state for better compatibility with other programs with hotkeys.
Can you explain this in more detail.  Does this mean we will have a whitelist where keys will still work on the pc programs while playing on the xim apex?

Come Join us on Discord.  Its a great way to
chat and meet up with your fellow ximmers.
Just click on the Image to your left to Join.
<------------------------------------------
Link : SandhawC Profile Loader

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:43 PM - 01/29/18 »
As for running in the background you can always adjust the notification icon similar to how the audio icon changes when you audio is muted.  So it can run in the background but still have a visual notification.  As for for turning off the sound i found a way to go around it but it would be nice to not have to take that approach. 
Tray icon is one option. I will try different things and check what would work.

Can you explain this in more detail.  Does this mean we will have a whitelist where keys will still work on the pc programs while playing on the xim apex?
Yes, and there is also a blacklist for keys for input to XIM.

I dont want to give any solid date for beta release, but I will try to get one out till the end of february.

XIM Link anyone?

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:47 AM - 02/05/18 »
Tray icon is one option. I will try different things and check what would work.

Yes, and there is also a blacklist for keys for input to XIM.

I dont want to give any solid date for beta release, but I will try to get one out till the end of february.

XIM Link anyone?

Assuming you meaning call it XIM Link? I like the name.