XIM Community

Keyboards: What keyboards can run macros with the XIM4?  (Read 553 times)

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
Most keyboards seem to require additional software to execute macros, even though they claim to have "onboard storage".  Well storing the macros onboard is useless unless they can be completely executed without the software.

So I'm just wondering who out there has a keyboard capable of running macros with their XIM4, and what keyboard do you have?

Thanks.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboards: What keyboards can run macros with the XIM4?
« Reply #1 on: 01:57 AM - 01/05/18 »
Unless a macro is also bound to an in-game button (e.g a d-pad direction) it won't work. Xim ignores all other keyboard keys unless bound via Xim Manager.

You can get around that in a number of ways including mouse macros, connecting Xim to PC via SandhawC or using a Cronus Max, Titan One or Titan Two.

Titan Two can be setup so the keyboard is attached to it instead of the Xim. That then opens up all keyboard keys to macro bindings as well as in-game button bindings.

As for your question, perhaps look at the Corsair range and seeing if they're capable of running macros on-board.

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:22 AM - 01/05/18 »
Unless a macro is also bound to an in-game button (e.g a d-pad direction) it won't work. Xim ignores all other keyboard keys unless bound via Xim Manager.

You can get around that in a number of ways including mouse macros, connecting Xim to PC via SandhawC or using a Cronus Max, Titan One or Titan Two.

Titan Two can be setup so the keyboard is attached to it instead of the Xim. That then opens up all keyboard keys to macro bindings as well as in-game button bindings.

As for your question, perhaps look at the Corsair range and seeing if they're capable of running macros on-board.

That's not exactly true though.  If the macro is executed onboard, it would tell the XIM that those keys -- not the macro keys -- are being pressed.  They keyboard will send the same output to the XIM as if those buttons were actually pressed themselves.  In fact, my Logitech G500 mouse does this.  I have a macro onboard the mouse for rapidly pressing the spacebar, and if I hold it down, the XIM thinks I'm slamming the hell out of the spacebar on my keyboard and reacts accordingly.  I'm just looking for a keyboard that can do the same.

Offline Nataliy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:33 AM - 01/05/18 »
 [SCA]COBRA:Razer BlackWidow Ultimate,there is a button-write macros on the fly, I think this is what you need ;)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:55 AM - 01/05/18 »
That's not exactly true though.  If the macro is executed onboard, it would tell the XIM that those keys -- not the macro keys -- are being pressed.  They keyboard will send the same output to the XIM as if those buttons were actually pressed themselves.  In fact, my Logitech G500 mouse does this.  I have a macro onboard the mouse for rapidly pressing the spacebar, and if I hold it down, the XIM thinks I'm slamming the hell out of the spacebar on my keyboard and reacts accordingly.  I'm just looking for a keyboard that can do the same.
You may see any keypress on the home page of Xim Manager, but unless that key is bound to an in-game button, it won't do anything.

Say you have a macro bound to F1, but F1 is not bound to anything in the Xim Manager game config. Pressing F1 will not run the macro as the Xim is only capable of passing in-game bindings up to the console.

Now, let's say you have a macro bound to F1 and F1 is bound to d-pad left. In this case, Xim should run the macro as it's bound to the in-game d-pad left button.

[SCA]COBRA:Razer BlackWidow Ultimate,there is a button-write macros on the fly, I think this is what you need
Razer kbs rely on the Synapse app for macros. Unless the BW Ultimate stores macros on-board the kb (a few recent Razer products do via Synapse 3 beta), then it won't work on a Xim.

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:04 AM - 01/05/18 »

You may see any keypress on the home page of Xim Manager, but unless that key is bound to an in-game button, it won't do anything.

Say you have a macro bound to F1, but F1 is not bound to anything in the Xim Manager game config. Pressing F1 will not run the macro as the Xim is only capable of passing in-game bindings up to the console.

Now, let's say you have a macro bound to F1 and F1 is bound to d-pad left. In this case, Xim should run the macro as it's bound to the in-game d-pad left button.

Right, I understand all of that.  I wouldn't use a macro that contained any unbound keys so that won't be an issue.

Offline Nataliy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:41 PM - 02/24/18 »
[SCA]COBRA:Razer BlackWidow Ultimate,there is a button-write macros on the fly, I think this is what you need
Razer kbs rely on the Synapse app for macros. Unless the BW Ultimate stores macros on-board the kb (a few recent Razer products do via Synapse 3 beta), then it won't work on a Xim.
-yes, you are right-macros do not work🙊