XIM Community

New XIM Announced - XIM APEX Impression/Discussion Thread  (Read 15942 times)

Offline BskooL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TRN BskooL
Re: New XIM Announced - XIM APEX Impression/Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: 09:51 PM - 01/02/18 »
This is BS. Prior to buying my xim about a month ago the question was asked if there was a new iteration of xim coming out anytime soon and the answer was no. Obviously if this is announced now it was obviously a thought a month ago. Feel kind of cheated.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #31 on: 10:23 PM - 01/02/18 »
Your XIM4 will continue to work just fine. If you want to upgrade to an Apex you should have no problem selling your XIM4 given the demand lately.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline nene

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: king killer cj
« Reply #32 on: 11:27 PM - 01/02/18 »
it definitely time for a xim nun chuck for those who don't use keyboard PS nav is so uncomfortable
« Last Edit: 02:13 AM - 01/03/18 by nene »

Offline TheCityWok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Cityfriedrice
« Reply #33 on: 11:27 PM - 01/02/18 »
How big of a deal is 1ms? Did you feel a difference obsiv?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02:14 AM - 01/03/18 »
How big of a deal is 1ms?
More than you'd think, at least on PS4.

Anything faster than 8ms is going to benefit the PS4 and will smooth out mouse movement. Xim4 polls at 8ms whereas PS4 polls at 4ms. Being able to poll at or faster than the native polling rate will help mouse tracking.
« Last Edit: 02:33 AM - 01/03/18 by antithesis »

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:18 AM - 01/03/18 »
This is BS. Prior to buying my xim about a month ago the question was asked if there was a new iteration of xim coming out anytime soon and the answer was no. Obviously if this is announced now it was obviously a thought a month ago. Feel kind of cheated.

Hey dude. You be able to sell it right now with little to no loss. I'm sure those now having to wait would take a xim 4. I know I would! Company release new stuff, and they have to pick a date to go public. Sadly there will always be people on the wrong side of that date. But in this case you've got a great product you can use while you wait and sell with little to no loss when the time comes

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #36 on: 02:50 AM - 01/03/18 »

Yeah, and I bought a new CPU literally 1 week before a new line of CPU's were announced. So I should boycott the manufacturer, right?

It's business, dude. Companies always play their cards close to their chest until they have something to announce. They do that for a reason. If a company announces a new product, prematurely, and then they run into complications, consumers will grow impatient and move on.

It's such a 1st world problem to have. Anyone that plays video games, or uses technology knows that it's a revolving door. As soon as you upgrade or buy a piece of tech, you're on the clock. When you make purchases very late in the life cycle of a product, you run the risk of getting left behind. For example: Don't buy a new Samsung phone in March, when they announce the new phone in April.

Offline britlad

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: britlad
  • PSN ID: britlad
« Reply #37 on: 05:27 AM - 01/03/18 »
great news moving the xim forward to the apex is totally expected i'm just happy i never was able to purchase the xim4 as i'd of bought this aswell

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #38 on: 06:08 AM - 01/03/18 »
Awesome news, I was considering a second Xim4 anyway so a new Apex will work well for me.

So, with full joystick support would a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X (which is PC/PS3) be usable on the X1X? If it is, would that be on a standalone basis or would it have to be via an attached PC?

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06:13 AM - 01/03/18 »
Obsiv now that we will be hitting the apex does that mean the product after will be worse?

Offline Jasjoe1991

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jasjoe1991
« Reply #40 on: 07:11 AM - 01/03/18 »
As someone whos transitioned over from a controller three years ago and have had tremendous support from one the the best gaming communities, all i can say is im so pumped,  cant wait! any news on when preorder/sales dates will be? Day one buyer over here!

also for those who felt like they have been bumped by just recently purchasing the xim4, dont feel that way guys. they will still be support for the xim4 as mentioned, also what tends to happen is that a lot of the very experienced ximmers will usually go back to the previous product until things are refined or because they are used to what they have mastered. for example the stv2 vs stv1, situation (old school ximmers would know) ;)

Offline Kahun

• Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08:22 AM - 01/03/18 »
@#$% make me wish I didn't purchase my XIM4 a month ago lol
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:25 AM - 01/03/18 »
Concerning 1000Hz, I wouldn't have added the feature if the difference in feel wasn't significant. :)

To be honest I posted a thread about it like 3-4 years ago when I compared the Cronus Max at 1000Hz with Xim4 at 125Hz. I even made comparison videos showing how much smoother the aiming was at 1ms with Cronus max.

Honestly, even the first Cronus device which is like 10 years old now had the option of 1000 hz. I mean I wouldnt even consider it a feature these days. Its whats expected by default, again given the fact that other adapters had this option 10 yrs ago.

I gotta say though- while its certainly a nice thing to have, it wont make a 3 KD player out of someone who is otherwise a 2 KD player.

A better mouse with a better sensor has more impact than 1000hz vs 125hz. Console games have around 60-80ms input latency, which means it takes ~ 60-80ms when u press a button and see the action on the screen (display lag wasnt counted with the 60-80ms, it adds up on top of the 60-80ms), as Battlenonsense and few other ppl have measured. If the mouse adds 1ms more on average or 4ms more (average of 125hz polling), wont make a big difference.

Again, ppl who dont have a xim4 yet, can now buy a slightly better product for the same price. Ppl who have xim4 wont notice a difference 99 out of 100 times.
« Last Edit: 09:30 AM - 01/03/18 by Santigold »

Offline systole

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09:34 AM - 01/03/18 »
super excited for the ballistic resolution, but didnt expect THAT much more fine tuning... already took me days to fine tune AA in a game.. now itll take a year or two  ;D love it!

Regards to ballistic creation, would something like a "smoothing toggle" be possible? In xim4 manager, i make a curve and it smooths between the lines, ie if i edit point 5, 10, and point 15, manager keeps a straight line between the three. exactly what i want. however, if i close out, go back in, and drop, say, point 10 back down, its "forgotten" i had an edit at point at 5 and then will smoothly draw point 5 and everything below that down as well, losing values i had previously settled on. if we're working with 51 points now... and im tweaking half of them, i dont want to redefine one later on and mess up half the adjacent lines with it.

tldr; a toggle switch to edit a single ballistic point alone, without it changing any around it, please. that would be great for me.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09:34 AM - 01/03/18 »
Obsiv now that we will be hitting the apex does that mean the product after will be worse?

lol

we just add more words to it, like XIM Apex Prime, XIM Apex 2 or XIM Apex Pro ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum