XIM Community

New XIM Announced - XIM APEX Impression/Discussion Thread  (Read 9423 times)

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
Re: New XIM Announced - XIM APEX Impression/Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: 10:25 PM - 01/11/18 »
will the Xim manager UI for the Apex be new/updated?

Yes it has! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xim5.manager
Thanks OBsIV, love your work. Looking forward to getting my hands on the Apex.

Offline cbntlg

• Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #121 on: 03:10 AM - 01/12/18 »

Excellent. Things seem to be moving apace. Do you have an ETA on the iOS and Windows version, please, OBsIV?

Edit: My bad. Just found the iOS version on the app store. I wasn't expecting to see it on there this quickly as we had to wait some time for the Apple version of the XIM4 Manager. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: 03:19 AM - 01/12/18 by cbntlg »
Where's Half-Life 3?

Xim4, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+ keypad, Swiftpoint Z mouse, Newsky extended mousemat, Audio Technica ATH AD700 headphones, MixAmp Pro audio, LG 27UD58 monitor.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 08:10 PM - 01/12/18 »

Can we have the option to not update the ST database or have it download in the back ground so you wouldn't have to wait before being able to use manager? Also, can we have a global setting for certain keys or have the option to copy and paste everything from an ST except the name of the game of the ST you're copying to?

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 04:05 AM - 01/13/18 »
Expert mode :O)
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline Wainbow

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: WainbowZ
  • PSN ID: Diablos_Hand
« Reply #124 on: 03:48 PM - 01/13/18 »
This is great news, been a while since I have been back looking over the forum, to busy gaming ;)

I'm not one for screwing around with the XIM4 settings to much so just adjust the sensitivity and buttons and deal with it. If it feels good from there I'll play the game otherwise I avoid it. Yes I probably should get into that side of it more but I'd rather just play.

Great work with the coming release XIM team, I seriously HOPE I can get my hands on one or two in the 1st batch having 4 gaming stations for the family (Yes my family of 4 are all XIM4 Gamers)

These are exciting times ahead and I'll be checking back daily from here on that's for sure!
XIM4 X 4 / XBox One X / PS4 Pro / PS3 / XBox 360 / G910 / CorsairM65 / Astro A40TR X2 / Astro A50 Gen1 & Gen3 /

Online Call_Me_Ozne

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Call_Me_Ozne
« Reply #125 on: 11:05 PM - 01/13/18 »
Hype.

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 01:09 AM - 01/15/18 »
Question, will it be compatible with sandhawc so i can just connect the apex to the console and the usb transfer cable to the apex directly and use it like that same as how it works with the current xim4?

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #127 on: 02:37 AM - 01/15/18 »
Will the software work on Linux? For upgrading firmware/manager.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #128 on: 09:26 AM - 01/15/18 »
Question, will it be compatible with sandhawc so i can just connect the apex to the console and the usb transfer cable to the apex directly and use it like that same as how it works with the current xim4?

There's already a new version of XIM Commander that Alpha testers have been testing alongside Apex. It connects the XIM and the PC in the same manner with the USB transfer cable.

Will the software work on Linux? For upgrading firmware/manager.

There's no Linux version right now, and I don't think there are plans for one.
Xbox One / PC
XIM 4 / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline 9meez

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 09:53 AM - 01/15/18 »
I am so hyped for this. And 1MS response, if worked, I guess we can have 1:1 PC like response especially on Rainbow SIx siege.

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #130 on: 02:24 PM - 01/15/18 »
I hate to be the negative one here but to me and I'm just a causal user as most. I can't see anything it does that the makes me want to buy it and I'm a xim fanboy and was looking for a reason. All I see some small technical changes that will translate to nothing for me because I just use the standered ST unless there is not one like for PubG and in that case I just copy someone elses setting.

I was hoping for an upgrade along the lines of the xim 3 or better.

If I'm wrong I would love to hear some opinions but to tell you the truth on a thing like the 1000hz polling I cant tell a difference in 1000 and 500.

Why not add scripting functionality like Cronus? The Cronus people are shady and getting the 2 devices to work together can be a pain. I don't see why you don't add scripting. You can make some awesome quality of life scripts. I mean you can make some anti-recoil scripts and kind of cheat I guess but you could release your own game packs and leave out those kinds of scripts.

Having the option to set a button in the xim software for say something like fortnite to something like one press build a certain shape wall. Features like this would blur the diffrence in console and PC gaming even more and sell your device like hotcakes
« Last Edit: 02:29 PM - 01/15/18 by UnRyValD »

"Ouch, That hurt!" yo face

Online Call_Me_Ozne

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Call_Me_Ozne
« Reply #131 on: 02:45 PM - 01/15/18 »
Why not add scripting functionality like Cronus? The Cronus people are shady and getting the 2 devices to work together can be a pain. I don't see why you don't add scripting. You can make some awesome quality of life scripts. I mean you can make some anti-recoil scripts and kind of cheat I guess but you could release your own game packs and leave out those kinds of scripts.

Having the option to set a button in the xim software for say something like fortnite to something like one press build a certain shape wall. Features like this would blur the diffrence in console and PC gaming even more and sell your device like hotcakes

If I'm not wrong this is what XIM Commander is for, but they won't make the device itself macroable due to "cheating".

Titan is what you should be getting for XIM also since I believe they work together  (OBViS and guy who made the Titan), CM is just a rip off of it, forget the exact details but it was sketch.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #132 on: 02:50 PM - 01/15/18 »
Philosophically, XIM has never been a tool for scripting or macros. I would not expect it to become one. There are also many other products that can be used in conjunction with the XIM to fill that desire. XIM is philosophically just an input adapter. It intentionally does not do things that could skew it directly into "cheat device" territory. The things you can do in Titan and CronusMax are things you'd do in AutoHotKey on PC, and many games consider AutoHotKey to be bannable. There are enough people who consider XIM to be cheating that we certainly don't need to add fuel to that fire with scripting.

You may not be able to tell a tremendous difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz, but you absolutely can tell the difference between 125Hz (which is all XIM4 is capable of) and 1000Hz. It's night and day. So, even if you just use the ST and don't use curves or any other advanced feature, 1000Hz is a very worthy upgrade.
Xbox One / PC
XIM 4 / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Weedlen
« Reply #133 on: 05:52 PM - 01/15/18 »
Getting really hyped on this!

Offline Weedlen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Weedlen
« Reply #134 on: 05:57 PM - 01/15/18 »
Philosophically, XIM has never been a tool for scripting or macros. I would not expect it to become one. There are also many other products that can be used in conjunction with the XIM to fill that desire. XIM is philosophically just an input adapter. It intentionally does not do things that could skew it directly into "cheat device" territory. The things you can do in Titan and CronusMax are things you'd do in AutoHotKey on PC, and many games consider AutoHotKey to be bannable. There are enough people who consider XIM to be cheating that we certainly don't need to add fuel to that fire with scripting.

You may not be able to tell a tremendous difference between 500Hz and 1000Hz, but you absolutely can tell the difference between 125Hz (which is all XIM4 is capable of) and 1000Hz. It's night and day. So, even if you just use the ST and don't use curves or any other advanced feature, 1000Hz is a very worthy upgrade.

Thank you.