XIM Community

Automatically toggling sprint/run  (Read 134 times)

Offline GodliestGuard

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nunununu
Automatically toggling sprint/run
« on: 12:14 PM - 01/01/18 »
Is there a way to make it so that I can run without pressing/run? I'm using a Tartarus and I'd like to make it so that I don't have to click any buttons to run.

Xbox One.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Automatically toggling sprint/run
« Reply #1 on: 12:34 PM - 01/01/18 »
hey,

what game are you playing?
normally this has to be adjusted via your ingame settings, the xim itself doesnt have this feature as it could easily get stuck
eg you have sprint toggle active, you die and respawn without resetting the toggle which will result you spawning in toggle mode

if your game doesnt have this feature and you would still like to use it a gaming device with macro compatibility can let you do that :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline GodliestGuard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:45 PM - 01/01/18 »
The Division. If it isn't possible can I switch my settings to holding to run and bind that key to my movement keys? Like if I press north it'll initiate the hold to run and move north so. Thanks in advance

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:49 PM - 01/01/18 »
if i understood you correctly then yes that is possible

in your xim manager set walk forward to north/arrow up
then at the very bottom scroll down to secondary bindings and bind spint to north/arrow up as well
now whenever you press that button you will automatically sprint forward

this will allow you to separately activate sprint by the sprint key you assigned in your primary bindings
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline GodliestGuard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:58 PM - 01/01/18 »
Sorry, brand new. How do I do that?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:12 PM - 01/01/18 »
in your xim managers hip config under keyboard you should see the 4 walking directions
there you set walking to eg north, south, west, east

then below that you will find your button binding options, just bind everything according to your personal preferences there including sprint
then while being in the button binding tab, scroll all the way down
right at the bottom you will see two arrows next to "Primary"
press the button to the right to get into "Secondary"
now you have a fresh button layout, there you assign sprint to north or that button that you use to walk forward

now when you press that button both controller actions will be performed at the very same time :)

Offline GodliestGuard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:23 PM - 01/01/18 »
Awesome thanks, one last question and I'll stop nagging you lol. Can you do a third page?

So far I've got my movement set to WSAD, and a key set to run, then I went to the second page and made that run key my W, so when I hit north I'm always running, is it possible to make my south key a run key as well or am I limited to one?

You've been awesome, thanks.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:59 PM - 01/01/18 »
sadly you are limited to two pages for now, however in your primary button layout you could theoretically also change your sprint key to eg S/South
that way you can at least cover two of your four walking keys

if your keyboard has a macro function though you can easily cover all four buttons, just have all of your WASD keys press your assigned sprint key whenever you activate those via a script you do with your keyboard pc driver
(requires a keyboard with onboard memory and macro function)