XIM Community

[Q/A] XIM4 Compatibility Question  (Read 95 times)

Offline COTTON095

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: COTTON095
[Q/A] XIM4 Compatibility Question
« on: 12:30 PM - 12/28/17 »
I am looking to get a XIM4 for someone who is wheelchair bound and has minimal use of hands. He uses a Kensington K64325 mouse and a regular keyboard. Will the Xim4 work with this mouse?

« Last Edit: 01:36 PM - 12/28/17 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 Compatibility Question
« Reply #1 on: 01:35 PM - 12/28/17 »
Welcome to the community. I can't say if this is compatible with XIM4 but if it doesn't require drivers or software it might work. If it's not compatible you still have options. If the user has a PC near their console they can connect XIM4 to their PC and use the XIM4 SandhawC app. This allows the use of peripherals that are working and connected to the PC to drive XIM4 and the console. This includes other accessibility devices that don't require hands like foot pedals and mouthpiece peripherals. The only requirement is a PC with Windows 7 and later as well as a belkin transfer cable to connect XIM4 to the PC. The PC could not be used while gaming with XIM4 until the app is closed or alt tabbed. More info on this can be found in the Commander section of the forum.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=83.0
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline addictarmy

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] XIM4 Compatibility Question
« Reply #2 on: 04:54 PM - 01/13/18 »
COTTON095:

Just tested the mouse with xim4 firmware 20171004 on my PS4 and it works  ;D trackball, 4 buttons, and scroll wheel.

Tested it with COD:MW remastered and it was playable. Main thing was that I had to set the sensitivity to the max it. Even then it was still sluggish. Tweaking other settings may help more \_(ツ)_/

Hope that helps. Cheers!