XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim4 was working fine then poof  (Read 398 times)

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jwild77
  • PSN ID: Jwild77
[ACTIVE] Xim4 was working fine then poof
« on: 11:05 AM - 12/26/17 »
Xim was working fine and now it stopped working. I unplugged it and plugged  it back in. It showed on and normal as far as lights. However the mouse and keyboard wonít respond. So, I plugged the xim4 up to the pc and did factory reset as some of the posts I read have said. Did all that jazz and still nothing from the mouse and keyboard. Sooo I unplugged it and plugged it back up to pc and it said this device malfunctioned so I changed usbís And it gave me the same message. I went back and tried it again on PS4. The controller, when I pressed the ps button did the normal but I usually hit the key on my keyboard and it didnít respond. I hit x on the controller to get into a game to see if it worked. Nothing. On xim manager it showed all devices were good but no response from the mouse and keyboard.  It has the latest firmware and Iíve done everything on the to do list per the replies on forums. Need some help here.
« Last Edit: 11:28 AM - 12/26/17 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 was working fine then poof
« Reply #1 on: 11:28 AM - 12/26/17 »
Welcome to the community. Because you've factory reset let's check your firmware version to verify you reset using the correct build. Please share the firmware version number found in Manager's menu-about.

Which mouse and keyboard are you using?

I would start by connecting the controller directly to the console to charge for 1 hour. XIM4 should be disconnected while charging. After the controller has charged attach only the controller to XIM4 then connect XIM4 to the console. After startup connect only the mouse to port 1 of XIM4. Are the mouse button presses recognized in Manager now?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim4 was working fine then poof
« Reply #2 on: 12:18 PM - 12/26/17 »
Well I did charge the controller last night, all night. Tried that very thing. Now the xim manager isnít connecting to the xim (error -1).  So I canít connect to manager and it is saying malfunctioned when I plug into 3 different computers which is 6 different ports so I canít tell you what the firmware number is. Everything lights up normal just it donít want to respond to keys and reads malfunctioned when hooking up to pc windows 10 with virus protection off. Which that was after I restored factory settings and updated to latest firmware

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:29 PM - 12/26/17 »
After factory resetting it's necessary to unpair and repair. Some devices require a restart between unpairing an repairing. Also, you won't have a config on XIM4 after a factory reset so it won't actually respond until you're able to reconnect to Manager and add a config.

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:01 PM - 12/26/17 »
Yeah already did that after I reset

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:26 PM - 12/26/17 »
If this hasn't helped then it's necessary to clear the bluetooth cache. Here is how to do that.

Bluetooth Re-Pairing: If you need to re-pair after a Restore Factory Defaults of your XIM4, then please follow these steps to ensure your XIM4 is completely unpaired from your Manager device before attempting to re-pair:

• Windows: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list and reboot.
  • Android: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list. Go to Settings -> Apps then All-Running apps list and select "Bluetooth Service". Force stop it and Clear Data and Clear Cache. Then reboot.
  • Android Marshmallow: Remove "XIM4" pairing from your Bluetooth Devices list. Go to Settings -> Apps then click the menu button in the top right corner and select "Show System". Find and select "Bluetooth Share" from the list. Select "Storage". Force stop it and Clear Data and Clear Cache. Then reboot.
  • iOS: No extra steps need to be taken.

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:29 PM - 12/26/17 »
Like I said, I already did that. Now itís as I mentioned

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:38 PM - 12/26/17 »
There are additional instructions above aside from unpairing and repairing.

These include clearing the bluetooth cache and restarting the device. This is necessary when there is a stale pairing on your smart device and bluetooth communication no longer works between your device and XIM4.

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:42 PM - 12/26/17 »
Yes, Iím running the app on an iPhone. I did all that was required and such.  I just got back from buying two new data micro usbís To see if that fixed it but still noting.  Before I left I pressed the power button on console for 15 seconds and let it shut down. I also unplugged it while gone. Got home, plugged up PlayStation and turned it back on. It asked to press the ps button on controller. I plugged it into xim (manager is now working) and controller showed up on xim. Pressed ps button and no response. For giggles I unplugged controller from xim and pressed the ps button and the PS4 responded. To check peripherals, I plugged in controller after I got to main screen of PS4. Good. Plugged in mouse, good. Plugged in speedpad, good.  Went to try and set keys in manager, no response to xim from either mouse or speedpad.

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:50 AM - 12/27/17 »
So now Iím back at the point where I can go into xim manager and try to assign buttons but the mouse and speed pad arenít being able to assign buttons even though the manager says it recognizes them. I canít restore to factory settings on the pc because it keeps saying the usb device has malfunctioned even after buying new micro usbís For the power source and controller. Like I have said before, the xim 4 worked fine before and a couple hours later it just stopped recognizing the mouse and speed pad

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:41 AM - 12/27/17 »
Oh, I'm sorry. It looks like the iOS steps may be outdated. I believe re-pairing on iOS can be done by uninstalling Manager, rebooting the phone, then re-installing Manager. I'm glad you were able to re-pair and use Manager.

I canít restore to factory settings on the pc because it keeps saying the usb device has malfunctioned even after buying new micro usbís For the power source and controller.

This may be telling of a larger issue. Let's see if we can get this working.

Each of these steps is known to solve issues related to using the flash tool with XIM4, be sure to try them all.

1) Unplug all peripherals from XIM4, the ports should be empty.
2) Attach XIM4 to USB 2.0 ports on the PC, you may have issues with 3.0 USB ports.
3) Use another cable between XIM4 and PC.
4) Disable antivirus, use safe mode if necessary.
5) Use another PC if available.

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:58 PM - 12/27/17 »
Done all that, still same thing.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:09 PM - 12/27/17 »
Does the XIM4 C port feel loose or damaged? With your XIM4 being unresponsive to both the console and the flash tool there may be an issue with this unit.

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:43 PM - 12/27/17 »
Not at all

Offline Jwild32

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:16 PM - 12/27/17 »
It acts as if it canít read the mouse and speedpad functions. The speedpad and mouse are lit up and have power to them. I even cut the lighting off them to see if that may be the issue.  This all started right after a PS4 update