XIM Community

Alloy FPS Hyperx Is not working  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Bruzark

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Bruzark
Alloy FPS Hyperx Is not working
« on: 07:55 AM - 12/26/17 »
Hi, I have checked the list, alloy fps is not in it, but it is also not on the list of non compability
Can someone tell me what to do? I arleady checked the ports

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Alloy FPS Hyperx Is not working
« Reply #1 on: 10:30 AM - 12/26/17 »
There have been two reports before yours of this keyboard not working. At this point we don't know if it's not compatible or if it's not getting enough power. If someone with this keyboard could test using a USB 2.0 powered hub this can tell us if it works or not. Until then I'll add it on the not working list to avoid confusion.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Dalon

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dalonfoley
  • PSN ID: DalaaaawnGone
« Reply #2 on: 03:54 PM - 01/04/18 »
I am using this with a powered hub, and it is in fact working flawlessly.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:03 PM - 01/04/18 »
Thanks very much for registering to share this information. I'll add it to the hardware list and note that the keyboard requires a powered hub.

Offline julianx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: julianx_us
« Reply #4 on: 06:07 AM - 01/23/18 »
I'm using a powered hub and it also malfunctions, not all of the keyboard, but random keys at a time. It starts working fine, and out of the blue keys will stop responding if pressed.

I have to unplug it and plug it again for it to start working correctly again. However, I'm using this keyboard on a Macbook laptop, and HyperX Customer Support let me know their product is specifically designed to work with Microsoft Windows on gaming PCs, so other OSs (Ubuntu, macOS) are not "officially supported".

That's really bad for me since I just got the keyboard this last weekend and I expected it to work at least as regular low-cost keyboards I have previously used (all keys working on GNU/Linux, macOS, MS Windows).

PS: I'm using the HyperX Allow FPS Pro.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:55 AM - 01/23/18 »
This sounds like a rollover limitation of the keyboard. Certain keys will be ignored if other keys are pressed simultaneously. Unfortunately this can only be solved by the keyboard manufacturer. Hyperx isn't alone on this, most razer keyboards have this issue when they aren't used with the Synapse software.

Offline DaPlayaJ

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DaPlayaJ
« Reply #6 on: 06:22 PM - 03/04/18 »
Hello,
So i am using the Alloy FPS Pro (the tenkeyless version) and I purchased the AmazonBasics 7- port usb 2.0 powered hub and i still cant get any input from my keyboard. I turned off the lights, i made sure the ps4 controller was fully charged, i even just tried the keyboard without the mouse. I am able to get my previous keyboard and mouse working with the hub, but not the Alloy FPS. Any ideas?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:47 PM - 03/04/18 »
You could try attaching the hub to other ports on XIM4 and verifying your firmware is up to date. Aside from this the FPS pro may not be compatible. If it shares the hyperx's rollover issue you really wouldn't want to use this one anyway as some keys may not be registered if multiple keys are pressed simultaneously. Here's a link to the latest firmware.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0