XIM Community

I made a XiM4 Splatoon 2 ST (crossover adapter required)  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
Re: I made a XiM4 Splatoon 2 ST (crossover adapter required)
« Reply #30 on: 04:14 PM - 01/29/18 »
@#$%! Thatís it thank you very much ^^
No problem, let us know what your experience is like with it.

Offline Ffan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04:28 AM - 01/31/18 »
Great thread, and nice work so far guys. I actually just now stumpled upon these Switch converter dongles myself by chance, and my first thought was that this should mean that I can finally use my Xim on the Switch/ for Splatoon.

I came here to make a thread about it, and share the good news. Dutifully as I am though, I tried the search function first, and that lead me here to notice that you folks already beat me to the punch, so to speak :)

So from reading this thread, all of you apparently seem to be using the "Mayflash MAGIC-NS" converter adapter. Does anyone have any experiences with the (more expensive) Brook converter or the (even cheaper) Cove/FastSnail/FYoung converter (seems to be the same thing really)? Do they make any difference for better or worse?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=switch+converter&rh=n%3A468642%2Ck%3Aswitch+converter

I think I'll just get the Mayflash one off Amazon, and give it a shoot. If turns out that it does not work satisfactory due to the issues with the microaiming you all seem to be having, I can always return it later after all!  ;)

I've got really high hopes for this, because I'd love to play Splatoon 2 for real, but I'm just mediocre using the controller, and I definitely cannot wrap my head around that gyro thing. It's just ... I have no "muscle memory" for that all, since I never used it before, and since barely any game uses it all. I think it might actually be more beneficial coming into it with barely any shooter experience at all, and your mind being "open" to new control schemes - that's just a theory though ^^

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on this thread, and once I have my adapter, and once I had a chance to properly test, I'll make sure to share my experience.

Offline furluge

• View Profile
    • Furluge's Depot
« Reply #32 on: 03:07 AM - 03/10/18 »
I was wondering if you could give a bit more detail on exactly what you did to create this setup. I'm trying recreate this on the Apex but I don't believe you can just paste the X4C code in it's entirety and get it to work on the apex. Getting the full setup written in plain text would be good. Got that the PS4 Doom translator works well but the button, hip, curve, etc would be good.

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:24 PM - 03/10/18 »
I was wondering if you could give a bit more detail on exactly what you did to create this setup. I'm trying recreate this on the Apex but I don't believe you can just paste the X4C code in it's entirety and get it to work on the apex. Getting the full setup written in plain text would be good. Got that the PS4 Doom translator works well but the button, hip, curve, etc would be good.

I actually was recreating my XIM4 setup for Splatoon 2 on my apex last night. I don't think I've made it perfect yet, but here is what I have so far.
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Splatoon 2] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<
Just as a side note. My sensitivity will likely not work for you, so you will have to change it to what fits for you. I'm using my apex in 1000Hz mode, and although there are flashing purple lights (Which I believe means a de-sync is occurring) I can't notice any negatives from doing this, as it seems just as responsive, if not more responsive than when i was using the XIM4.

I also change the in game sensitivity depending on what weapon i'm using. Lowering the in game sensitivity help to mitigate the square dead-zone issue that I've referred to in the past, and allows for more precision aiming with long range weapons. Here is a list of the sensitivities I use:

In game 4: E-liter 4k (scoped and unscoped)
In game 4.5: Any other charger, rapid pro, jet squelcher, sometimes rapid blaster
In game 5: All other weapons.

Offline furluge

• View Profile
    • Furluge's Depot
« Reply #34 on: 03:56 PM - 03/10/18 »
Thanks for the quick reply I'll give it a try.

Offline mercyzed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05:27 AM - 03/19/18 »
Now that my Xim4 is collecting dust (thanks to the Apex), I got a Magic NS off Amazon specifically to try out Splatoon with the Xim4. 

For the the longest time I could not get the Xim4+Xbox 360 wired controller to work with the Magic NS and Switch.  The 360 controller works just fine with the Magic NS and Switch (without the Xim), but when I use the Xim4, no inputs from the controller or mouse register in the Xim App or on the Switch.

I finally synced a PS3 controller and a WiiU pro controller to my Magic+Switch, just to try out the wireless functionality of the Magic.  Both worked great.  And to my surprise, when I tried them out with the Xim, they both worked flawlessly... and wirelessly.  No button mapping needed since they both still register as native Switch controllers, so all their buttons work (which is great for navigating menus).  The only buttons I needed to program in the Xim app were my wireless mouse buttons.

I'm not sure why the Xim and mouse didn't work with the wired 360 controller, but they do seem to work with the PS3 and WiiU Pro wirelessly.

Thanks for creating this thread--that Y toggle is an amazing find and makes the game play so much better!

I need to play around with the sensitivities and curves a bit though.  I kept the in-game sensitivity at max for all my testing.  At high xim sensitivities, I can turn just as fast as a controller, but aiming is too out of control.  At lower xim sensitivities, I can control my aim, but I can't turn nearly as fast, no matter how fast I move the mouse (even if I don't exceed the xim's threshold/max turn speed, I still turn much slower than I do when using high sensitivity in xim).  Also, if I do exceed the max turn speed, the xim flashes purple (not red) and stays flashing for at least 5-10 seconds or so.  But it doesn't seem to affect anything while it's flashing purple, everything is still working as far as I can tell.

EDIT:
I played around with this some more.  As I described above, you can use the XIM without having a controller wired to it (I'm using the WiiU Pro wirelessly).  But each time you turn your console on, you have to connect the WiiU Pro controller to the XIM momentarily to have it register, then you can disconnect it and use it wirelessly.  A workaround to avoid having to reconnect the controller temporarily at the start of every session is to just leave my PS3 controller plugged into the XIM at all times.  This lets me use the Pro controller wirelessly right off the bat.  So basically the same setup as XIM on PS4, one controller always plugged in, and another controller used wirelessly (e.g. PS Nav).

Also, as another user pointed out, the Doom PS4 ST works better for splatoon than the Xbox one.  I also tried out my Overwatch PS4 ST on Splatoon and that works fine as well.  The biggest problem with Splatoon is that there is a massive deadzone in the Y/vertical axis.  And when you finally get past the verticle deadzone, the aiming reticle moves fairly quickly, making small slow verticle movements almost impossible (this is the case even if you use the analog stick).  In contrast, the X/horizontal axis has a much smaller deadzone and allows for very fine and slow movements.  Because of this difference between the X and Y axes, your aiming reticle stays more or less locked on one horizontal plane when moving it, unless you make relatively dramatic vertical adjustments to overcome the vertical deadzone.  This results in the stairstepping that another user mentioned.  I don't know of any way around this, but perhaps someone else can figure one out.  I tried adding boost and changing the Y/X axis ratio to favor Y, which seemed to help only a little.  Not sure if there is any way to tweek the deadzones on the XIM (I'm a beginner when it comes to XIM adjustments, I practically use default settings for each game and tweak only the sensitivities).  With my current setup with the weird Y axis deadzone, I don't think M+KB can beat the motion controls for aiming in Splatoon, but it's still pretty great for someone like me who doesn't care to learn motion controls for just a single game.  At the very least, I'll probably play through the single player campaign.

My setup:
Xim 4 (Overwatch PS4 ST)
WiiU Pro controller wirelessly (or PS3 controller)
Logitech G900 wireless mouse (12k dpi)
Magic NS
« Last Edit: 03:09 AM - 03/20/18 by mercyzed »

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11:51 AM - 03/22/18 »
Also, as another user pointed out, the Doom PS4 ST works better for splatoon than the Xbox one.  I also tried out my Overwatch PS4 ST on Splatoon and that works fine as well.  The biggest problem with Splatoon is that there is a massive deadzone in the Y/vertical axis.  And when you finally get past the verticle deadzone, the aiming reticle moves fairly quickly, making small slow verticle movements almost impossible (this is the case even if you use the analog stick).  In contrast, the X/horizontal axis has a much smaller deadzone and allows for very fine and slow movements.  Because of this difference between the X and Y axes, your aiming reticle stays more or less locked on one horizontal plane when moving it, unless you make relatively dramatic vertical adjustments to overcome the vertical deadzone.  This results in the stairstepping that another user mentioned.  I don't know of any way around this, but perhaps someone else can figure one out.  I tried adding boost and changing the Y/X axis ratio to favor Y, which seemed to help only a little.  Not sure if there is any way to tweek the deadzones on the XIM (I'm a beginner when it comes to XIM adjustments, I practically use default settings for each game and tweak only the sensitivities).  With my current setup with the weird Y axis deadzone, I don't think M+KB can beat the motion controls for aiming in Splatoon, but it's still pretty great for someone like me who doesn't care to learn motion controls for just a single game.  At the very least, I'll probably play through the single player campaign.

When I was doing my initial testing of suitable STs, I was only really testing Xbox One translators. (Mainly because i didn't know they were different at the time.) I will give the PS4 Overwatch ST a try. You can somewhat fix the deadzone issue by increasing your curve's starting value to something greater than zero in the ballistics editor. It really reduces the amount of movement you have to make to overcome that vertical deadzone.

Offline mercyzed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12:36 PM - 03/24/18 »
With my current setup with the weird Y axis deadzone, I don't think M+KB can beat the motion controls for aiming in Splatoon, but it's still pretty great for someone like me who doesn't care to learn motion controls for just a single game.  At the very least, I'll probably play through the single player campaign.

You can somewhat fix the deadzone issue by increasing your curve's starting value to something greater than zero in the ballistics editor. It really reduces the amount of movement you have to make to overcome that vertical deadzone.

I can't remember exactly, but I think I tried that out when I first messed around with this, but it made it aiming a little too jumpy for me overall.  It definitely helped with the vertical deadzone, but the decreased accuracy horizontally (for me, at least) was too big a tradeoff.  I pretty much just accepted that the aiming mechanics are not great in this game if you're not using motion controls, but at least they are good enough with the Xim4 that I can enjoy the game a lot. 

Though I haven't really played much of Splatoon yet because, thanks to the APEX, I've gotten back into Overwatch, which is taking up most of my time.  I was doubtful that I'd feel much difference with the APEX over the Xim4 since I am not much of an FPS gamer and since Overwatch supposedly has worse aim mechanics than other shooters, but it's pretty amazing how much more confidence I have aiming with the APEX.

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09:38 PM - 05/14/18 »
Thanks a lot for the settings! It gave me a great starting point!

I switched from using the Magic-NS to the Titan One in TE mode (tournament mode). The Titan One in TE mode is smoother/faster but requires different settings than the Magic-NS. The Doom ST does not work well with it.

Here are my settings:
Titan One TE mode (Inframe In, Inframe Out, and 1000hz checked, all else unchecked, Nintendo Switch in output mode)

Xim4 settings:
Titanfall 2 (Hip)
30 sens
X/Y Ratio 2.0
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01:43 PM - 05/16/18 »

I switched from using the Magic-NS to the Titan One in TE mode (tournament mode). The Titan One in TE mode is smoother/faster but requires different settings than the Magic-NS. The Doom ST does not work well with it.

Here are my settings:
Titan One TE mode (Inframe In, Inframe Out, and 1000hz checked, all else unchecked, Nintendo Switch in output mode)

Xim4 settings:
Titanfall 2 (Hip)
30 sens
X/Y Ratio 2.0

Interesting, do you think using the Titan One made a difference in some of the deadzone issues mentioned in previous posts?

Offline reqless

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:53 AM - 05/22/18 »

Here are my settings:

Xim4 settings:
Titanfall 2 (Hip)
30 sens
X/Y Ratio 2.0

Interesting, do you think using the Titan One made a difference in some of the deadzone issues mentioned in previous posts?

Yes the Titan One with a different ST (Titanfall 2 Hip) fixes the staircase deadzone issues that the Magic-NS has with the Doom ST. It also makes the game more responsive. I switched from the XIM4 to the Apex in 500hz mode and it made it even better.

Titan One (TE mode & in 1000hz) and XIM Apex in 500hz mode works incredibly well in Splatoon 2 with the Titanfall 2 Hip translator. Make sure XY ratio is 2.00 or above for linear mouse movement.

Skyrim on Switch also plays really well with this setup http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66215.0

Also make sure to plug the Titan One or the Magic-NS into the USB 3.0 port on the Switch dock as it is faster after testing it vs the 2.0 ports.

edit* I trialed the Titan Two and it also works quite well. I'm unsure which device Titan One vs Titan Two feels better at the moment.
« Last Edit: 10:38 AM - 05/22/18 by reqless »
PC, PS4, & Switch | XIM Apex | M: ASUS VG248QE | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Corsair K95 | A: MMX300 + Mixamp | M: Zowie ZA12 | DPI: 3200

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02:58 PM - 06/28/18 »

Here are my settings:

Xim4 settings:
Titanfall 2 (Hip)
30 sens
X/Y Ratio 2.0

Yes the Titan One with a different ST (Titanfall 2 Hip) fixes the staircase deadzone issues that the Magic-NS has with the Doom ST. It also makes the game more responsive. I switched from the XIM4 to the Apex in 500hz mode and it made it even better.

Titan One (TE mode & in 1000hz) and XIM Apex in 500hz mode works incredibly well in Splatoon 2 with the Titanfall 2 Hip translator. Make sure XY ratio is 2.00 or above for linear mouse movement.

Skyrim on Switch also plays really well with this setup http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66215.0

Also make sure to plug the Titan One or the Magic-NS into the USB 3.0 port on the Switch dock as it is faster after testing it vs the 2.0 ports.

edit* I trialed the Titan Two and it also works quite well. I'm unsure which device Titan One vs Titan Two feels better at the moment.

I finally got my hands on a titan one. I couldn't get it to work in TE mode, but otherwise it's working fine. I still notice the staircase deadzone while playing though, even when using the Titanfall 2 ST (both xbox and ps4).

Just out of curiosity, what controller do you have hooked up to your apex when playing with this setup? i'm thinking it may be a problem with xbox one controllers on the switch.

Offline furluge

• View Profile
    • Furluge's Depot
« Reply #42 on: 08:21 PM - 07/08/18 »
So I finally got this setup and working. Right now I'm using the Magic NS with a xbox one elite pad, ideazon merc and a logitech G9x using the overwatch PS4 profile, aim 30, x/y scale to 2.00 and I did not really notice any issues.

Out of curiosity I read the instructions on getting the Y/View Reset button to turn into a toggle. Is there any reason to make two identical alternate profiles with one set to activate on the Y/View Reset button? It seems like the default profile and the one alternate with the activation key set to toggle and being the Y/View Reset button does the job.

Edit: Looks like we're getting some more generic profiles.
« Last Edit: 11:16 PM - 07/11/18 by furluge »