XIM Community

Best PUBG ST discussion  (Read 60762 times)

Offline don_doggy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Don Doggy
Re: Best PUBG ST discussion
« Reply #720 on: 02:13 PM - 02/12/18 »
Hard Restarting or Reinstalling your game will probably not help.
By doing the above all you're doing is clearing the cache. That's the information the system holds for quick access because you regularly use it or even keep it running in the background.
PUBG uses very little of this, that's why the game is also so small on your xbox.
PUBG uses a lot of cloud preprocessing for it's textures hence why Xbox One users don't have all the textures loaded, just amophus blobs. Those blobs are all that's really stored on your xbox, the rest is filled in in the cloud.
This is where the framedrop comes in indoors.
It's the ambient lighting. On X1X you'll notice that when you walk around it's almost like the next room is gradually lighting up for you. That's the xbox grabbing the textures and adjusting them on the fly to reflect the current lighting, this requires both the server and your xbox to be communicating perfectly in harmony for those to load fast and smooth. This lighting isn't as strong on X1 and that's why they're not having the same frame drop.

Here's the kicker, for them to fix this issue they eather need to:
1) Download a LOT more of the game on your xbox so it's not reaching for the servers
                        (which is due to a size limit on early access titles imposed by Microsoft)
2) Get Microsoft to raise the 1.5Mb Upload cap which is preventing smooth communication.

TL:DR - The cloud first and second pass texture rendering are causing the lag. It's worse on X1X do to the indoor lighting effect. Bottlenecks need to be resolved but as of yet no word.

But the PC install size is 13Gb, are you suggesting they limit PC install size as well then 'download' textures(and the associated polygon models) to thousands upon thousands of gaming machines around the world all day... every day...? Just checking it's not April 1st.
Uninstall/hard reset/reinstall/hard reset fixed crash issues I was having with the latest patch.

It runs terrible on the one x since 2 updates ago, I install the game every time from fresh rather than update when one is released. Half way through a game it can feel as it running at low as 10fps. It runs that bad Iíve gone back to playing on my own on the pc since all my mates have xboxes

Offline Mugshot

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 04:51 PM - 02/12/18 »

It runs terrible on the one x since 2 updates ago, I install the game every time from fresh rather than update when one is released. Half way through a game it can feel as it running at low as 10fps. It runs that bad Iíve gone back to playing on my own on the pc since all my mates have xboxes

Don't know what to tell you, it runs reasonably well on my xb1 and have watched a friend play on his X since patch and it was running fine for the couple of hours I was there. Same story across the interwebs...

Offline safeman2014

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 06:05 AM - 02/13/18 »
Ya my m8 reported no problems with x yet

Offline Gupise

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Gupise
« Reply #723 on: 10:31 AM - 02/13/18 »
Hi all guys, iím Noob with console world and XIM4.
Iím playing with the X at PUBG using a ST of plant vs zombie that someone suggested a few post ago.
Iím reading all your post trying to learn how advanced controls can helps to improve the mouse feeling. Thanks for all your sharing

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 01:22 AM - 02/14/18 »
Hard Restarting or Reinstalling your game will probably not help.
By doing the above all you're doing is clearing the cache. That's the information the system holds for quick access because you regularly use it or even keep it running in the background.
PUBG uses very little of this, that's why the game is also so small on your xbox.
PUBG uses a lot of cloud preprocessing for it's textures hence why Xbox One users don't have all the textures loaded, just amophus blobs. Those blobs are all that's really stored on your xbox, the rest is filled in in the cloud.
This is where the framedrop comes in indoors.
It's the ambient lighting. On X1X you'll notice that when you walk around it's almost like the next room is gradually lighting up for you. That's the xbox grabbing the textures and adjusting them on the fly to reflect the current lighting, this requires both the server and your xbox to be communicating perfectly in harmony for those to load fast and smooth. This lighting isn't as strong on X1 and that's why they're not having the same frame drop.

Here's the kicker, for them to fix this issue they eather need to:
1) Download a LOT more of the game on your xbox so it's not reaching for the servers
                        (which is due to a size limit on early access titles imposed by Microsoft)
2) Get Microsoft to raise the 1.5Mb Upload cap which is preventing smooth communication.

TL:DR - The cloud first and second pass texture rendering are causing the lag. It's worse on X1X do to the indoor lighting effect. Bottlenecks need to be resolved but as of yet no word.

I need you to site your source of information that tells you the game loads in from the cloud or at all. I've been googling this topic for two days and all I can find is some services offering to stream to game to your low spec pc from their high spec servers. these people are not blue hole.

you also say the buildings load in slow because of the cloud. i have my game installed on an ssd. that is not the cloud and my textures are always loaded in before i hit the ground . if i move the game to the internal drive. i get the laggy building load in. leading me to believe it's not server based

Offline Gupise

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Gupise
« Reply #725 on: 06:39 AM - 02/16/18 »
if in my inventory st i set the same deactivation button that i use to activate it, inventory commands go in loop?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 12:26 PM - 02/16/18 »
PUBG is now supported. To download force a library update in menu-globals. I'm going to lock existing pubg threads to avoid confusion now that support is out. I'd like to thank everyone who spent time testing and sharing config settings.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos