XIM Community

For the XIM noobs - Let's set the record straight!  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Dukester

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dukester
  • PSN ID: Duke Ster
Re: For the XIM noobs - Let's set the record straight!
« Reply #15 on: 12:14 PM - 11/23/17 »
Do you have a solution for headphones and mic on PS4?
Thanks again.

most people use a cheap usb soundcard just like the creative soundblaster play 2 which acts 1:1 as a controller audio port replacement
same connection type too, so if your headset works with the controller then it will automatically work with this usb soundcard too
the card also comes with an adapter for different connectors if needed

Great, thanks.

Will the Soundblaster Play! 3 work?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:22 PM - 11/23/17 »
Do you have a solution for headphones and mic on PS4?
Thanks again.

most people use a cheap usb soundcard just like the creative soundblaster play 2 which acts 1:1 as a controller audio port replacement
same connection type too, so if your headset works with the controller then it will automatically work with this usb soundcard too
the card also comes with an adapter for different connectors if needed

Great, thanks.

yes its the same as the play 2 but it has a different connector
the play 2 has a 1x 3,5mm 4 pole (identical to the playstation controller)
the play 2 has a 2x 3,5mm 3 pole

so depending on what type of headset connector you have you might need an adapter for the play 3
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Dukester

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Dukester
  • PSN ID: Duke Ster
« Reply #17 on: 08:47 PM - 11/24/17 »

[/quote]

Great, thanks.

[/quote]

yes its the same as the play 2 but it has a different connector
the play 2 has a 1x 3,5mm 4 pole (identical to the playstation controller)
the play 2 has a 2x 3,5mm 3 pole

so depending on what type of headset connector you have you might need an adapter for the play 3
[/quote]

Thanks for your guidance. If invested in the PS4 Bluetooth headset. It'd made for PS4 so should work.

BTW - just realized it's your XIM4 settings I copied from your YouTube video. Best vid out there! I have a Logitech G13 and G502. Still trying to get used to it and figure out the button layout. Takes a bit to get used to.

Thanks again.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:24 PM - 11/28/17 »
^ that post is a mess Lol...

Thanks for chiming in and helping out Od1n.

CHEERS!!
XB1 | C:M$ | XIM4 | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G402 | D: 4000 | P: 1000 | AAA setup [ON]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny Advanced Setup - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=39989.0
Battlefield 1 Setup - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=50289.0

Offline CrystalChills00

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CrystalChills00
« Reply #19 on: 09:51 PM - 11/28/17 »
I really appreciate you posting this, I unfortantely came across this way too late and was already tinkering with advanced settings because I kept losing 1 on 1 gunfights. So to set the record straight do you mind reminding us xim noobs how to just start out using the xim and if not....could you then break down the advanced setting piece by piece? Like I felt the need to set my boost to 300 for the hip fire and left steady aim on. I currently play ww2 on xbox and my kdr compared to black ops 3 is trash not even above 1.0 lol honestly considering going back to controller or just buying a super expensive gaming monitor....I NEED HELP....please...also the x and y axis how does that affect my aim assist? THe mouse I use is the GLAIVE RGB Corsair 16,000 DPI...I play on 16,000 DPI max sensativity...but I still be losing....please help.

Offline CrystalChills00

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CrystalChills00
« Reply #20 on: 09:57 PM - 11/28/17 »
Ok so I just discovered the wealth of information underneath your post lol. Hopefully I will be able to find all the answers I need from here....its a lot though oh man.

Offline Kochise

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:31 PM - 01/06/18 »
I've been a Xim user and active member of this community for several years now. I'm one of the biggest advocates (ok probably "The Biggest") for Advanced Settings in this forum and I personally use them with pretty much every single game I play.

That being said...

My advice to everyone, especially new users is this.

You DONOT have to use Advanced Settings (curves,etc.) To make Xim4 usable and effective. As a matter of fact, you should ALWAYS start out only using the proper ST (smart translator) for a game and give it atleast a few weeks before even considering Advanced Settings.

There's a reason Advanced Settings are called "Advanced." They are not always necessary to use and can be confusing for new users. Which means they should be avoided until you have a good understanding of the product and you feel you need to chg something based on your own personal preferrance or in game performance.

As a new user all you need to do is follow the startup guide. Load up the proper ST for your game. Setup your button configuration and adjust the Hip and ADS sensitivity to your liking. THAT'S IT FOLKS!

Give that a go for atleast a few weeks. It's going to take you that long just to figure out if Vanilla settings are good enough for you. And if they aren't then why? After all, how can you troubleshoot a problem if you don't even understand what the problem is? After that, then start searching through the forum to see if others are experiencing similar issues to your own. How did they address it, what are my options? I have put together a bunch of stuff related to Advanced Settings and linked the thread in my signature. If the time ever comes and you feel the urge to learn or do more then you should start there.

I hope this helps ease some confusion and or frustration for newer users.

This product is light years ahead of any other kb/m adapter out there and Advanced Settings may not be  necessary for your needs. Don't jump in over your head. You may make things worse then they need to be.

Baby steps...

CHEERS!

RML  8)

I've been away for a while but I couldn't agree more.  People do not understand what they are using.  It's funny and more evident now that Fornite came out with native KB/M support...omg so this was my first experience coming back.   I decided to try it..straight plugged in.  It is no where near the 1-1 response you would expect from a developer that included that native support.  XIM epxerience straight stock is better.  Xim truly tries to offer 1 to 1 movement...

Anyway back on topic....for what XIM is producing and for the learned user it becomes a fantastic experience.  THe complaints come from people with little to NO PC gaming experience expecting to plug in and be god mode over controller users will never happen.  Because that is not what it was designed for.  Obs is limited by the crap programming and hardware in game consoles.  And as he has stated never his intent.  It's only to give PC enthusiasts the closest experience to using a mouse by simulating the controller.