XIM Community

:D FOR EVERYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH PS4/XIM4 SYNCING...  (Read 340 times)

Offline Delta_2_Niner

• View Profile
    • G5: Higher Purpose Gaming
  • Gamertag: HotelCharliHill
  • PSN ID: HotelCharliHill
If you're like me, you've had an impossible time getting the PS4 to work with the XIM4. It seems to hiccup constantly and have zero-reliability. I had it working (after much difficulty) with Destiny 2. But I only played it twice (busy with PC games). Then I went back TODAY to get everything set to play CoD:WW2 and stream it live (streams obviously suck when problems ensue). So, to save you all the trouble of reading endless forum posts on said topics, here are the steps I did and now I can get it working every time:

Ensure you have the latest Manager software and XIM4 Firmware: firmware 4.00.20171004 and Manager 4.00.20160405

1) Pair your XIM4 appropriately (you'll have to watch OBSIV's videos on that, etc)

2) Power on the PS4

3) Have your XIM4 positioned with nothing plugged in

4) Plug into the XIM4 the DUALSHOCK4 controller model CUH-2CT2U USING the DEFAULT CHARGING CABLE which came with the PS4 (this is what works for me everytime)

5) Plug in your mouse into port 1 (1 dot)

6) Plug in your keyboard into port 2 (2 dots)

7) Plug in a XIM4-included wrapped data-transfer cable to the PS4 front USB port 1

8) Plug that cable into the xim4. It should rainbow cycle, flash teal or something to indicate bluetooth pairing, and then go into breathing mode. You should see your controller turn on AUTOMATICALLY with the new updates, then your keyboard and mouse

9) now you should be able to turn on MANAGER and do whatever you need to do to install the smart translators (see other aides for that)

Basically, I found out after so much trial and error that the XIM4 data transfer cable or any other cable was not working with my DualShock4 controller to make it turn on automatically. I suspect it was not seating properly because there's an indentation in the front of the DS4 controller to accept and hold in the usb cable. I've read in so many places "you can't use that cheap ps4 cable, it won't work," and yet here we are... living proof. I had years of success with xim3 and xim4 on xbox 360 and xbox one and I only ever had trouble with the stupid dongle and the ps3 and now ps4.

But following the steps above it seems to work perfectly (and NO, you don't need to run manager everytime, just if you're trying to set up your configs)

NOTE: This works with my RAZER DeathAdder Crhoma, Logitech G710+, A Turtle Beach Recon Chat headset (with a bunch of wire splitters for capturing stream audio), AND A HifiMedly USB Ground Loop Isolator (to get rid of the electric buzzing in the headset the XIM4 causes through the wire to the controller; or maybe it's all the splitter wires as well..) in between the XIM4 and the controller's charging cable. And it all works brilliantly and I don't even have to turn off the LED lights on the peripherals.

I hope this helped. I was tired of following everyone's advice and not having my controller turn on automatically or some other thing go wrong.

Have a great day!
Check out my game-streaming on PS4 and XBOX ONE and PC (Ultra Detail Gaming) at www.twitch.com/HotelCharliHill, and join G5: Higher Purpose Gaming Community on Playstation Network, Xbox Live, and STEAM!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: :D FOR EVERYONE HAVING TROUBLE WITH PS4/XIM4 SYNCING...
« Reply #1 on: 12:27 PM - 11/04/17 »
Yes, this is the correct steps we instruct people to use when connecting their XIM4s to their consoles. What steps were you using that wasn't working?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline Delta_2_Niner

• View Profile
    • G5: Higher Purpose Gaming
  • Gamertag: HotelCharliHill
  • PSN ID: HotelCharliHill
« Reply #2 on: 02:01 PM - 11/04/17 »
Yes, this is the correct steps we instruct people to use when connecting their XIM4s to their consoles. What steps were you using that wasn't working?

I wasn't using the charging cable, I was using a second wrapped XIM4 USB data-transfer cable and I guess it doesn't plug in deep enough to be fully recognized or something so it wouldn't communicate properly with the controller. But I've seen in different spots where people are being told by different members that the charging cable isn't able to transfer the information properly and shouldn't be used. Figured it might be helpful to repost this for clarity as I wish I would have seen something this succinct.

Also, realized now that there's the issue with the headset not sending data (I guess I'd tested it pre-attaching the XIM device) so now I've posted elsewhere about that... bought a USB Soundcard adapter today and it doesn't seem to be fully utilized so I have to post for help about that :S
Check out my game-streaming on PS4 and XBOX ONE and PC (Ultra Detail Gaming) at www.twitch.com/HotelCharliHill, and join G5: Higher Purpose Gaming Community on Playstation Network, Xbox Live, and STEAM!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 02:53 PM - 11/04/17 »
I see. Yes it's hit and miss with the USB cable that comes with the PS4. In general though, it should be the fist cable you try.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.