XIM Community

Using PS4 Controller for XIM on PC  (Read 1585 times)

Offline MokSifu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Mok_Sifu
Using PS4 Controller for XIM on PC
« on: 11:13 PM - 10/30/17 »
For the past few weeks since the release of Destiny 2, it seems like many guardians wish to use their XIM4 on PC but have had no luck when using the PS4 controller. This post is written in that context to provide a way for them to do so, and it may or may not work for other games (have not personally tested).

The reasons for why one would do this is a contentious issue. On the XIM4, you sacrifice turning speed for Aim Assist and some argue that the skill ceiling for this is lower than native mouse and keyboard. If you wish to discuss this issue, please refer to the linked thread http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=57437.0 instead of posting in here.

INSTRUCTIONS

You will need:
  • USB 3.0 port on PC
  • Your XIM4 setup
  • Download x360ce from https://www.x360ce.com/ - select appropriate 32/64 bit version

• Plug your XIM4 setup into a USB 3.0 port and after the XIM finishes flashing, press the PS button on your PS4 controller. In my personal experience, the XIM4 does not work when plugged into a USB 2.0 port - may or may not be true but you should really be using USB 3.0 in this decade anyway. I've tried plugging mine into my keyboard that extends one of the ports and it doesn't work.

• Extract x360ce.exe into the folder in which Destiny 2 is installed. If you don't know where, you can check in Blizzard App settings.

• Open x360ce.exe. There will be an error saying that xinput1_3.dll is not found. Click on the Create button:

• In the Game Settings tab, select the following options:

Then click on Apply and Synchronize. You may need to create some missing files when prompted.

• Click on the Controller 1 tab and for each button, record a desired input.

• Save your configuration, then launch your game.

NOTES
  • I sometimes had to restart my computer before the XIM4 was detected. I also connected my PS4 controller natively to my PC before connecting my XIM (not sure if this actually does anything).
  • For some reason, the PS4 controller -> XIM4 -> PC connection is not detected as a PS4 controller but it is still able to map to the buttons of the xbox 360 controller through x360ce
  • There is an alternative method of using kbm and AA independent of the XIM4 (you lose curve settings though): https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/230348106?sort=0&page=0&path=1
« Last Edit: 02:55 AM - 11/04/17 by MokSifu »
Overwatch Settings (3200 DPI, 1000hz):
Linear: Console Crossover ST - 8.0 curve + 35 boost, HIP: 29, ADS: 10.15
Exponential: Overwatch ST - No curve/boost, HIP: 8.6, ADS: 3.01

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Using PS4 Controller for XIM on PC
« Reply #1 on: 02:12 AM - 10/31/17 »
Thanks for the thorough walk-through MokSifu :salute:

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #2 on: 08:52 AM - 11/01/17 »
How much input delay does the controller emulator add?
Xbox One / PC
XIM 4 / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline vord01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:47 AM - 11/04/17 »
Thanks! Are you using any specific settings for the XIM on PC?

Offline Esp10n

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: M1D0
« Reply #4 on: 03:53 PM - 11/12/17 »
Do you need two controllers for this? I can't get this to work everytime i disconnect the controller after button mapping all the binds disappear. What am I doing wrong?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:35 AM - 11/13/17 »
Do you need two controllers for this? I can't get this to work everytime i disconnect the controller after button mapping all the binds disappear. What am I doing wrong?
You only need one controller but it needs to be connected to the Xim the whole time.

Make sure you save your config in Xim Manager after making changes.