XIM Community

What are the best overall Overwatch settings?  (Read 706 times)

Offline TheCheekyBoy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: The-Cheeky-Boy
What are the best overall Overwatch settings?
« on: 11:57 PM - 10/10/17 »
I completely understand that it is user preference, but there must be settings that are just generally the best. For example, Vex_Armour is the number 1 rated PS4 player, and it?s a Xim4 user. What kind of settings do people like him use?

My main problem is figuring out the in game Overwatch settings.

Currently, I have:
12K DPI
8 HIP
0 Boost
6.5 ADS

100/100 Sens
90 Aim Assist
70 Aim Assist Window
0 Aim Smoothing
0 Aim Ease In

These settings feel fine. But they?re just fine. I am in mid masters, and I often run into Aim Assist problems with characters such as soldier, mccree, and widow. I usually play soldier, mccree, widow, and genji. I have tried lowering the aim assist, but then it just screws up my tracking.

Sorry for the long post, but I am hoping some of you can help direct me towards a more perfected sensitivity. Thanks guys!

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
Re: What are the best overall Overwatch settings?
« Reply #1 on: 01:25 AM - 10/11/17 »
the key to widow for me was 100 AA, 0 AAW size.  effectively a poor mans triggerbot. i cant really speak on hit scans cuz i cant figure it out either.  genji tracer i run 100 aa, 100 aaw size.  i'm low masters so idk how much i could help u but i will say my widow is nuts. only problem w that is people w silver mechanics can shut down a widow if they just pick the right heros and run at you.

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
« Reply #2 on: 07:28 AM - 10/11/17 »
My breakthrough in the settings department was switching from the OW ST to linear. It took me a couple weeks to re learn how to aim, (i used to use a curve) But having predictable movement went a long way for me, and linear gave me that. I maintain around a 60% scoped accuracy on widow, even considering half my play time was with bad settings.
« Last Edit: 08:46 AM - 10/11/17 by Joeyknock0 »

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:41 AM - 10/12/17 »
My breakthrough in the settings department was switching from the OW ST to linear. It took me a couple weeks to re learn how to aim, (i used to use a curve) But having predictable movement went a long way for me, and linear gave me that. I maintain around a 60% scoped accuracy on widow, even considering half my play time was with bad settings.

i hate to be this guy but when it comes to this discussion it matters... what rank are you?

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:56 AM - 10/12/17 »
Way better way to utilize your muscle memory with the expo official ST, i main Soldier and have played him to 4,2k ish most seasons with the occasional McCree and Reaper usage

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:44 AM - 10/12/17 »

i hate to be this guy but when it comes to this discussion it matters... what rank are you?

Lol it's fine, I'm Master. I'm confident i can climb higher, but it always seems like life gets in the way and gets me dropped back to 3000 all the time.

Offline hiroshimus

• I've got you in my sights!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hiroshimus
  • PSN ID: Hiroshimus
« Reply #6 on: 07:11 PM - 10/12/17 »
I main Soldier and right now I'm at 3760ish, I'm pretty confident I can get to GM since I started 3 stacking with 2 buddies of mine who are flexible in playing with several characters, which is very important since nowadays everybody wants to be a DPS on Overwatch.

Solo Q has been extremely cancerous, I'm pretty sure one of the reasons is that I mean a DPS, if a Support main would Solo Q and he's pretty decent, I'm pretty sure he could climb really really high since most of the times when the comp is lacking a particular class of character, that would be a healer.

Just having a good comp goes a long way in Overwatch.

But right now I am ranked the 15th best Soldier 76 on Xbox One, when I get to Gran Master I'm pretty sure I would be top 5, my stats are very very good.

I use a G502, a G13
DPI at 3200
Xim 4 Sens at 16
In game sensitivity at 100%
Exponential Ramp Technique
Aim Assist Window at 100% (I just remembered that I had it at 100% LOL) --> IT should be something between 0-25% according from my perspective of course 🙂
Aim smoothing 0%
Aim ease in 0%

My crosshair is a medium Cross with a center gap the size of an enemie's head, no center dot.

This settings were recommended by Od1n, thanks a lot for this since it totally works, at least for me it does  :D

https://www.overbuff.com/players/xbl/Hiroshimus?mode=competitive
Aim Assist at 100%

« Last Edit: 11:53 PM - 10/12/17 by hiroshimus »
@andres_torres1987

Offline HAMTARO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:36 PM - 10/12/17 »
Agreed with the poster above, expo is the way to go. I use:
3200 dpi
Xim sens 16.5
Widow ads sens 13.5
Aim assist 100
Aim assist window 65
EDIT: I forgot to add I have 0 aim smoothing but aim ease in is at 3...maybe it helps small mouse movements cut through aim assist by giving the mouse higher initial starting velocity?
Tried using 18 for xim sens but couldn't do it, but I've noticed all the really good widow players use 90 or 100 percent relative aim sense while scoped.

Hardware is in signature, here are some of my stats https://www.overbuff.com/players/xbl/BERSERKERcult?

Was at 3650, now I'm a little bit lower but I think I can hit gm this season.
« Last Edit: 07:53 AM - 10/13/17 by HAMTARO »
Xbox one + XIM4
Mouse: Zowie FK1+ Special Edition and Ninox Venator Black
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Mousepad: Zowie GS-R SE
Homemade mouse bungee, ghetto iPhone headphones

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:09 AM - 10/13/17 »
I'm just curious, why do you guys prefer the exponential ST over the linear one?

Offline mattyb98

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:37 AM - 10/13/17 »
Can i hust take a second to thank everyone posting on this thread i feel i change my settings to often as something always bugs me i tried linear for a few months my flicks felt amazing by far the best mcree experience iv ever had but for me linear felt irregular i guess would be the best description. By this i mean that the behaviour on linear ramp sometimes felt totally different and i think this is the reason people say its bad for muscle memory and also the low turn cap ruined it for me as i main genji and found ulting a real problem. Also since you use linear do you notice fairly frequent non registrations of very clear hits im not saying my aim is amazing up somehow egotistically thinking im too good to miss but on linear i definately did notice shoddier hit detection. Finally i had also gotten used to 3 or lower aim assist window on linear and i see everyone on expo using much higher window for example 70 i would like to ask do you still have to fight against the aim assist box or have you gotten so used to a higher window you dont notice it anymore? Also out of curiosity what what window size is everyone reading this reply using?

Offline Joeyknock0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:12 AM - 10/13/17 »
Can i hust take a second to thank everyone posting on this thread i feel i change my settings to often as something always bugs me i tried linear for a few months my flicks felt amazing by far the best mcree experience iv ever had but for me linear felt irregular i guess would be the best description. By this i mean that the behaviour on linear ramp sometimes felt totally different and i think this is the reason people say its bad for muscle memory and also the low turn cap ruined it for me as i main genji and found ulting a real problem. Also since you use linear do you notice fairly frequent non registrations of very clear hits im not saying my aim is amazing up somehow egotistically thinking im too good to miss but on linear i definately did notice shoddier hit detection. Finally i had also gotten used to 3 or lower aim assist window on linear and i see everyone on expo using much higher window for example 70 i would like to ask do you still have to fight against the aim assist box or have you gotten so used to a higher window you dont notice it anymore? Also out of curiosity what what window size is everyone reading this reply using?

While i'm playing on linear, i don't really notice any difference in hit registration, my micro aiming seems a little slower as well. I'm playing with a 50 AA window on all characters right now. except phara. (which is 0).
I've been online for the past few hours now playing/creating settings in the official exponential ST. I matched my sensitivity that I was using on linear and the major difference that I noticed right away was that the max turn speed was higher on expo. I went into the FFA playlist and my performance was largely unchanged from my previous settings. The only other slight difference that i noticed was that my micro movements seemed a little floaty, but I can't really tell for sure on that one
After playing a couple hours with the new settings, I think that the Official exponential ST is objectively better.
 It's also possible that the linear ST behaves differently between platforms, since each platform requires a different curve to function properly. (I'm on xbox)

Offline Griffexxx

• 70+ gold club
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:40 AM - 10/13/17 »
top 500 on xbox and ps4 and peaked around 3800 on PC

console settings

Expo
100 AA
40 AAW

Mcree , Tracer , Genji , 76

Mouse: G-Pro 3200 DPI
Mouse Pad: Zowie GSR
Xim Sens: 17

Offline HAMTARO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:46 AM - 10/13/17 »
To mattyb98, yeah sometimes you have to fight the aim assist, especially if enemies are grouped tightly together. But the higher sensitivity makes it easier to cut through the aim assist I guess. Playing that @#$% junkenstiens revenge thing gets really annoying with aim assist trying to lock on to every enemy at the same time though lol. I used to play on linear with a assist window size of 3, and it was accurate and all, just too slow for high level play.
Xbox one + XIM4

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #13 on: 07:45 AM - 10/13/17 »
3200 dpi
Xim sens 16.5
Widow ads sens 13.5
Aim assist 100
Aim assist window 65

Tried using 18 for xim sens but couldn't do it, but I've noticed all the really good widow players use 90 or 100 percent relative aim sense while scoped.

Hardware is in signature, here are some of my stats https://www.overbuff.com/players/xbl/BERSERKERcult?

I use 12k dpi and I just converted your sensitivity (16.50) to match mine at 12k dpi and it would mean my sensitivity would be 5 .... that would feel really slow surely? I currently use 8.5, if I had it to 5 I think i'd hate it... but I am going to test it out lol.

I also use 25 AAW as opposed to 65

Offline HAMTARO

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:51 AM - 10/13/17 »
3200 dpi
Xim sens 16.5
Widow ads sens 13.5
Aim assist 100
Aim assist window 65

I use 12k dpi and I just converted your sensitivity (16.50) to match mine at 12k dpi and it would mean my sensitivity would be 5 .... that would feel really slow surely? I currently use 8.5, if I had it to 5 I think i'd hate it... but I am going to test it out lol.

I also use 25 AAW as opposed to 65

Yeah it might be slow, I don't play tracer or genji, for them you might want something like 18.5 or 19. I also have a huge mousepad, like three feet long.
Xbox one + XIM4