XIM Community

Can we get a third key assignment page? Pls?  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
Re: Can we get a third key assignment page? Pls?
« Reply #30 on: 05:01 AM - 02/04/18 »
please! this would be super cool!

Yes pls gief

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:50 PM - 02/05/18 »
I would love for this feature to be added as well.  There have been a few situations where it would definitely have been very useful.  If the new APEX can support it, that would be another selling point for that device.

Offline Kahun

• Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:50 AM - 02/06/18 »
Would be great. Needed a third key before
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:55 PM - 02/06/18 »
I would love for this feature to be added as well.  There have been a few situations where it would definitely have been very useful.  If the new APEX can support it, that would be another selling point for that device.

The sad thing is the it's easily supported on the xim4,  it would be really sad if they marketed it as an apex only thing for some reason they want to make this sound like is the hardest thing ever to add and takes up so much time when we already have the function to do it but we have to hold a key down or toggle the key, when we just want a third page

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:13 PM - 02/06/18 »
As much as I support the idea, the reality is we don't know what the effect of adding a third binding page would have on the hundreds of existing STs. I can't imagine they'll all be recreated from scratch and if this was easy, I'm guessing OBsIV would have done it by now. It's also not an option on Xim Apex.

Aside from plugging a kb into a Titan Two to get additional bindings, what I've been doing is remapping keyboard keys to things like mouse buttons. I don't know how many kbs support this feature, but I bought an Ergodox EZ a couple of weeks ago and it's fantastic for remapping layouts.

For example, I've remapped the entire right-side of the Ergodox keyboard to emulate my Z-Board Fang layout so I can swap between the two on-the-fly, then stacked over 30 numeric and Fn keys around it for macro toggles, half of which I toggle on via a separate layer with a kb key. One of the layers even emulates the mouse, so I can drive my computers without one, if the need arises.

Anyway...I'm not poo-pooing the idea and I'd like to see it happen too, but we have no idea how hard this is to do and there are ways around the problem :)  Hopefully it does roll out at some point.
« Last Edit: 10:21 PM - 02/06/18 by antithesis »

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04:48 AM - 02/09/18 »
I wouldn't mind the third page starting from this moment on. If it had to redo all the old games then we can agree to just start the new function for new games yet to have settings made. Or 1-2 Very popular requested old games as well

Offline Kerberos9

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ciordia9
« Reply #36 on: 08:52 PM - 02/12/18 »
As much as I support the idea, the reality is we don't know what the effect of adding a third binding page would have on the hundreds of existing STs. I can't imagine they'll all be recreated from scratch and if this was easy, I'm guessing OBsIV would have done it by now. It's also not an option on Xim Apex.

Aside from plugging a kb into a Titan Two to get additional bindings, what I've been doing is remapping keyboard keys to things like mouse buttons. I don't know how many kbs support this feature, but I bought an Ergodox EZ a couple of weeks ago and it's fantastic for remapping layouts.

I was thinking, that is one dope @#$% keyboard. Hell yea, if you can do all that it makes this obsolete...wa..ii..tt... That keyboard costs $325. LoL!

I'm going to add that to my extended work slush someday maybe fund.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:10 AM - 02/13/18 »
I was thinking, that is one dope @#$% keyboard. Hell yea, if you can do all that it makes this obsolete...wa..ii..tt... That keyboard costs $325. LoL!

I'm going to add that to my extended work slush someday maybe fund.
Let me just say that after a couple of weeks of using the Ergodox for both work and play that it's a thing of beauty.

On my primary gaming layer (Ergodox supports 32 layers of keys) I'm not only doing triple bindings, but I'm also double-binding single keys.

For example, if I tap a key, I Sprint, but if I hold the same key, I Walk. Likewise, If I tap another key, I toss a L1+R1 Super, but if I hold it, I can use WASD for d-pad navigation. I can hold another key for a long Square hold (e.g recycling in Fortnite) or tap it for R3 (repair in Fortnite). I can go further and map multiple keys to the same kb character, just in case I get lost in the heat of battle and start mashing the kb. Lots of options...
« Last Edit: 04:25 AM - 02/13/18 by antithesis »

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:42 PM - 02/14/18 »
I like the option of additional key bindings, but I'd also like shift/alt/ctrl modifiers as well.  I hate having to configure separate sub configs just because I'd like to re-use the same buttons for different things.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01:05 AM - 02/15/18 »
I like the option of additional key bindings, but I'd also like shift/alt/ctrl modifiers as well.  I hate having to configure separate sub configs just because I'd like to re-use the same buttons for different things.
You could probably do it on a kb connected to a Titan Two.

I hadn't considered double-bindings before I tried it on the Ergodox, but I'm pretty positive the same could be done on a T2, which is a far cheaper option. I'll dig into that a bit deeper.

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:44 AM - 02/15/18 »
You mean under Buttons there is "Primary" and "Secondary"? You want a "Tertiary"?

absolutely.  please add this functionality

sorry, didn't realize this was necro

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01:15 PM - 02/15/18 »
You mean under Buttons there is "Primary" and "Secondary"? You want a "Tertiary"?

absolutely.  please add this functionality

sorry, didn't realize this was necro

It's not a necro still trying to get this done...

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11:32 PM - 02/21/18 »
You could probably do it on a kb connected to a Titan Two.

I hadn't considered double-bindings before I tried it on the Ergodox, but I'm pretty positive the same could be done on a T2, which is a far cheaper option. I'll dig into that a bit deeper.

Thanks.  My preference would be to not have to add another device to the mix if at all possible.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11:38 PM - 02/21/18 »
Thanks.  My preference would be to not have to add another device to the mix if at all possible.
It makes sense to do it on the Xim if possible, but it can be done using rebinds, depending on what you're trying to achieve.

For example, binding R1 to E on a kb as a Primary binding on Xim, then changing button 4 on a mouse to E for the double-bind. You could then triple-bind R1 by using a Secondary binding in Xim Manager.

I would like to see this happen too and will see if there's anything I can do.

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01:47 AM - 04/15/18 »
Bump for something that should be implemented