XIM Community

Can we get a third key assignment page? Pls?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
Can we get a third key assignment page? Pls?
« on: 07:48 AM - 10/10/17 »
Unless I don't know better can we get a third page for key mapping? I know we can make new pages for ads or on press stuff. But I would like a third page for key and mouse assignments. 2 pages is great for alternate buttons but would it really hurt to just add a third page for us? I mean it shouldn't be hard to add aswell

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Can we get a third key assignment page? Pls?
« Reply #1 on: 09:07 AM - 10/10/17 »
We support 6 right now. Simply swipe past ADS settings and add a name to activate it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:38 PM - 10/10/17 »
We support 6 right now. Simply swipe past ADS settings and add a name to activate it.

Thanks for the response but I mean I need a Third page under the primary tab. Not a page where I have to activate a new set of keys. Right now under primary is the normal key assignments then you hit the small arrow for alternative buttons under the primary Tab. These are always ON, key assignments. I would like a third page under the primary key assignments so I can have even more keys always actively able to do a function I need. Not hold a key then press another button I'm sure that's great for specific functions like sprint mode in destiny or vehicle mode.

Again to clarify I tried adding a new tab as you posted added a test key the number 9 to fire. It wouldn't fire unless I am pressing an activation key. Or am I still doing this wrong lol

Just want a third page under the primary tab. No activation or toggles
« Last Edit: 07:43 PM - 10/10/17 by Puhz »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 08:49 PM - 10/10/17 »
You mean under Buttons there is "Primary" and "Secondary"? You want a "Tertiary"?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:15 PM - 10/10/17 »
Sounds like it OBs.

For those interested in a working solution, you can bind anything anywhere as many times as you want when connecting the kb to a Titan Two and leaving the mouse on the Xim (it can't be beat for mouse translation).

I moved my kb onto the T2 a few weeks back and it's opened up a tonne of customisation options. You can bind not only in-game keys like A,B,X,Y, but macros, combos, menu wheel items etc to any key. It simply requires a few lines of code in a T2 script to map the keyboard bindings and you're away.

I'd still like to see a Tertiary bindings option myself on a Xim. In Destiny I primary bind Melee to scroll-up on a mouse, secondary bind it in a Super combo (Grenade + Melee), but I'd also like to tertiary bind it on a keyboard key (Q or E) so I don't need to lift my finger off R-click (I'm a lefty) to hit a melee strike.

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:13 PM - 10/10/17 »
You mean under Buttons there is "Primary" and "Secondary"? You want a "Tertiary"?

Yes please it would be most appreciated. It's as simple as that

I mean hell if could add more then tertiary that would be awesome too. I mean why limit yourself but yes please can we have this added
« Last Edit: 05:52 AM - 10/11/17 by Puhz »

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:53 AM - 10/11/17 »
Sounds like it OBs.

For those interested in a working solution, you can bind anything anywhere as many times as you want when connecting the kb to a Titan Two and leaving the mouse on the Xim (it can't be beat for mouse translation).

I moved my kb onto the T2 a few weeks back and it's opened up a tonne of customisation options. You can bind not only in-game keys like A,B,X,Y, but macros, combos, menu wheel items etc to any key. It simply requires a few lines of code in a T2 script to map the keyboard bindings and you're away.

I'd still like to see a Tertiary bindings option myself on a Xim. In Destiny I primary bind Melee to scroll-up on a mouse, secondary bind it in a Super combo (Grenade + Melee), but I'd also like to tertiary bind it on a keyboard key (Q or E) so I don't need to lift my finger off R-click (I'm a lefty) to hit a melee strike.

I really need to get myself a T2, do you know where I can buy one? It's not listed on their website.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:14 AM - 10/11/17 »
if i wouldnt use sandhawc games like warframe would also benefit from a 3rd and even 4th button layout :)

so next to the titan ine/two recommendation you can also consider xim sandhawc with autohotkey scripts
sandhawc requires a pc to run next to your console though, the titan one/two solution doesnt
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:35 PM - 10/11/17 »
if i wouldnt use sandhawc games like warframe would also benefit from a 3rd and even 4th button layout :)

so next to the titan ine/two recommendation you can also consider xim sandhawc with autohotkey scripts
sandhawc requires a pc to run next to your console though, the titan one/two solution doesnt

So it's settled then for 80% of the xims  user base who is plug and play who don't want to spend another 130$ on another device or bring a PC always to your consoles setup could definitely benefit from atleast 2 more pages!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:09 PM - 10/11/17 »

So it's settled then for 80% of the xims  user base who is plug and play who don't want to spend another 130$ on another device or bring a PC always to your consoles setup could definitely benefit from atleast 2 more pages!

since the launch of xim4 this feature has been requested like 5 times, you re the first to come up with it since month
the developers have to focus on features that have a higher demand among the users first before tackling lower priority features
yes having a third and fourth binding would be nice, but on the other hand the large share of ximmers doesnt even use the secondary binding

and then there are so many alternative to compensate for that

- sub configs with modifier keys, each sub config allows another +2 bindings
- macro functions of your mouse or keyboard
- titan one/two
- xim sandhawc with a scripting program
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:51 PM - 10/11/17 »

since the launch of xim4 this feature has been requested like 5 times, you re the first to come up with it since month
the developers have to focus on features that have a higher demand among the users first before tackling lower priority features
yes having a third and fourth binding would be nice, but on the other hand the large share of ximmers doesnt even use the secondary binding

and then there are so many alternative to compensate for that

- sub configs with modifier keys, each sub config allows another +2 bindings
- macro functions of your mouse or keyboard
- titan one/two
- xim sandhawc with a scripting program

Is it really that hard to change a few things in the coding to allow 1-2 more pages? I mean it's just adding another page... It isn't like not coding a new video game system because your not getting 10 thousand dollars in return for your time.

I admit I know nothing about coding and have only seen what scripts look like. You already have the ability to add more pages with the same function this is just without needing an activation key I don't see how it's more than copy paste and change a variable to always on. Or just adding page 3 and page 4.

For something so simple that would make an amazing product even more amazing that you can tag along with anything else your adding to xim I don't see how it's deemed not worth it because a literal posting by ya that there is a Titan One/Two or macros which you don't condone or like talking about. My brain literally sees there's another device that costs 130$ if you don't want to hook your PC up go buy that because adding page 3 and 4 is low on the priority list....

Honestly I would imagine this going that's a good idea/suggestion that would future proof my amazing product that would or should take nothing but 2-5 mins to code in. But to suggest spending money as even one of the options given is horrid

Aannnnnnnnndddd.... Now I realize I've been responding to the wrong person and this whole thread will probably get ignored.....
« Last Edit: 03:59 PM - 10/11/17 by Puhz »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:11 PM - 10/11/17 »
I really need to get myself a T2, do you know where I can buy one? It's not listed on their website.
More info here - https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5112

Aannnnnnnnndddd.... Now I realize I've been responding to the wrong person and this whole thread will probably get ignored.....
It'll get to OBsIV.

Xim has a limited amount of memory to run the firmware. Adding one seemingly minor thing may mean pulling another. It's doubtless far more complex than you think and likely cascades to numerous other Xim functions. "2-5 mins to code in"...seriously?

The best you can do is leave the suggestion and if OBsIV thinks it's worthwhile doing, he'll roll it out at some stage. If you want it now, there are at least 4 other viable options.
« Last Edit: 09:28 PM - 10/11/17 by antithesis »

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:12 PM - 10/11/17 »
More info here - https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5112
Better response. Thanks

It'll get to OBsIV.

Xim has a limited amount of memory to run the firmware. Adding one seemingly minor thing may mean pulling another. It's doubtless far more complex than you think and likely cascades to numerous other Xim functions. "2-5 mins to code in"...seriously?

The best you can do is leave the suggestion and if OBsIV thinks it's worthwhile doing, he'll roll it out at some stage. If you want it now, there are at least 4 other viable options.

Ugh put response in quote
I said that was a better response thanks
« Last Edit: 01:49 AM - 10/13/17 by Puhz »

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:12 PM - 10/12/17 »
Could defiantly do with 3 pages of buttons when using the mouse and nav+keyboard at the same time
that would be very handy.
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline Violence

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Violence
« Reply #14 on: 09:24 AM - 10/18/17 »
On my 1st day using Xim4 I already missed a 3rd page so I think it's a worthy addition!