XIM Community

Razer Basilik - Possibly new XIM "best" mouse  (Read 330 times)

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
Razer Basilik - Possibly new XIM "best" mouse
« on: 10:13 AM - 10/09/17 »
https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-basilisk

Why? Because people on this forum love the Logitech G502. This is basically a way lighter G502. 107g vs 123g. It has the same thumb rest, the materials are even better, the side grips are awesome and one of the best I ever tried. The sensor is the famous 3389, wich is a customized PMW 3360 for Razer (while Logitech customization is the 3366, also customized from the 3360). Now leaving the maths and model numbers out, let?s put it into grammar: 3389 is the most responsive sensor on the market. Just like in the past Razer always had the most responsive sensors (remember the Abyssus wich some CS Go players even use, or the DA Chroma, most responsive 3310 implementation).

DPI values go up to 16000. Some XIM players like high DPI levels for low XIM sens values, altho I always reccomend you do not exceed 3200 (I prefer my mouse sensor to have perfect tracking and response time).

This mouse also supports the new Razer Synapse and has internal memory. Yes, you can just customize your settings, uninstall Synapse and all gets stored on the Mouse memory, even the polling rate at 1000hz.

So for anyone using g502, give this mouse a go. Imo has potential to be the new benchmark around here.

Cheers

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
Re: Razer Basilik - Possibly new XIM "best" mouse
« Reply #1 on: 01:02 PM - 10/10/17 »
I can't change the side dpi clutch button to a regular button on this mouse. I also can't seem to get the dpi clutch to work with the xim. It is always on the preset dpi (whatever that is). Wven if I change it it stays the same.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:36 PM - 10/11/17 »
I personally just remove the DPI/Sniper button. But if you really like that feature I understand you?re not happy.

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:24 PM - 10/11/17 »
A deathadder with a custom 3360 ? hmm I didn't know that :) will any of the new razer mice store profiles/dpi settings onboard?.
ȞȦƦDϚ0ЯЄ

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:51 PM - 10/11/17 »
Razer mice have always been capable of storing DPI, lighting and polling rate on-board, regardless of Synapse's limitations.

What they haven't been able to do is store custom bindings and DPI stages. Setting mouse buttons to their defaults made them work and DPI stages functioned via presets, but customisation was out the window.

Always be wary of Razer mice when paired with a Xim, they have a history of being power-hogs and can cause disconnects. A powered USB hub will solve that issue, if it pops up on the new releases.

The sensor on-board looks great, Razer needed to move towards Pixart in recent mice or be left behind. Seems a decent alternative to Logitech mice, if you're a righty. I'm not, so it's just another gaming mouse I can't use. The Lancehead's as close as I can get to a Logitech mouse in the Razer range, but it's a fart too big for my liking.

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:50 PM - 10/12/17 »
Its been a longtime since I used a razer mouse I had forgotten about that :)
Yeah its great for former DA users who have been screaming out for this sensor in the DA shell
Myself included .

Some good mice choices out there now new ximmers are spoiled for choice.
ȞȦƦDϚ0ЯЄ

Offline Puhz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:54 AM - 10/13/17 »

Why? Because people on this forum love the Logitech G502. This is basically a way lighter G502. 107g vs 123g. It has the same thumb rest, the materials are even better, the side grips are awesome and one of the best I ever tried. The sensor is the famous 3389, wich is a customized PMW 3360 for Razer (while Logitech customization is the 3366, also customized from the 3360). Now leaving the maths and model numbers out, let?s put it into grammar: 3389 is the most responsive sensor on the market. Just like in the past Razer always had the most responsive sensors (remember the Abyssus wich some CS Go players even use, or the DA Chroma, most responsive 3310 implementation).

DPI values go up to 16000. Some XIM players like high DPI levels for low XIM sens values, altho I always reccomend you do not exceed 3200 (I prefer my mouse sensor to have perfect tracking and response time).

This mouse also supports the new Razer Synapse and has internal memory. Yes, you can just customize your settings, uninstall Synapse and all gets stored on the Mouse memory, even the polling rate at 1000hz.

So for anyone using g502, give this mouse a go. Imo has potential to be the new benchmark around here.

Cheers

That's all good but does it have Loop on press for macros?

Offline Jamario27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Church219
« Reply #7 on: 05:11 AM - 10/13/17 »
I plan on trying this mouse out if it works properly as far as changing the dpi clutch

Offline cbntlg

• Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #8 on: 09:37 AM - 10/13/17 »

Cheers

Nah. Whichever new mouse I'm currently using is the new XIM "best" mouse.  ;)
Where's Half-Life 3?

Xim4, PS4, Allreli T9+ keypad, Swiftpoint Z mouse, Logitech G440 mousemat, Audio Technica ATH AD700 headphones, MixAmp Pro audio, BenQ XL2420G monitor.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend.