XIM Community

Can one enable some type of Drag and Drop function?  (Read 297 times)

Offline RickyBoobie

• View Profile
On normal PC, with games that have like 4x3 inventory grids for items, you can drag and drop them and reorganize or swap items out fairly easily. For example games like Minecraft or 7 Days to Die. Is it possible to enable something along those lines where it displays the mouse one can move a pointer of sorts? I'm currently on Xbox One S.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Can one enable some type of Drag and Drop function?
« Reply #1 on: 09:59 AM - 09/27/17 »
Welcome to the community. Do the games you are playing allow drag and drop functionality using the standard controller?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline RickyBoobie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:10 PM - 09/27/17 »
7 Days to Die is the first one that comes to mind. Not many do support it. I should re word my question really to include a free cursor type of movement. I get why the free cursor (if thats what it's even called) doesn't exist simply because the xim is emulating a controller. With that said I'm curious if the mouse can be toggled as one of the sticks and then freely move about a grid/inventory system. During games such as fortnite battle royale navigating the small 5x1 slots is a hassle using only ASWD to select items. Thanks for the help and I'm sorry if what I say doesn't really make sense.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:03 AM - 10/29/17 »
You're still governed by the game engine, so Xim can only work within the constraints of controller emulation.

You can use something like a Titan One, Titan Two or Cronus Max to swap the sticks when an inventory is open, but it's actually more difficult to navigate than using WASD.

The simplest option is to pick up a controller for menus.