XIM Community

mouse pad hard or cloth ?  (Read 482 times)

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
mouse pad hard or cloth ?
« on: 08:41 AM - 09/13/17 »
mouse pad hard vs cloth what do you think. I bought new mouse g903  and I wonder what mouse pad to buy. I previously used qck + and logitech g3 but it is very worn already, I have never used a hard mouse pad before, what do you think guys?
Logitech g240 and g440 is good or someone else ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: mouse pad hard or cloth ?
« Reply #1 on: 09:57 AM - 09/13/17 »
logitech mousepads are unlike their mice really bad, dont buy them

one thing to consider with hard pads is that you can start sweating on plastic surfaces, also you have way less resistance on it so this will fully change your muscle memory and ingame sensitivities
basically what i want to say is going for a different mousepad type is quite a big change

you could also go with a cloth pad that doesnt get worn out so quickly
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline 02wrx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Gimard_
« Reply #2 on: 11:55 AM - 09/13/17 »
I love the low friction glide of hard pards but also the stopping power of cloth pads. With hard pads it can be easy to over shoot moving your crosshairs onto targets. Like 0d1n said it can take some time to regain muscle memory on a hard pad if you used a soft prior to switching even with the same sensitivity, you may have to lower too and even start from scratch.

My advise would be to try a hard and see what you think. If like me you prefer effortless hard pad glide but cloth stopping power, try a cloth control pad. Spigen makes really cheap speed & control pads. They always make good quality stuff and I was impressed with the mouse pads. I much prefer them to razers speed/control goliathus pads, but the Spigen ones aren't as large they are medium sized pads but a quarter of the price.

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:33 PM - 09/13/17 »
BenQ ZOWIE G-SR or qck+  -- whether it will work perfectly with the g903 sensor ?  I do not know whether to try g440 hard
maybe the logitech g903 will work best with their mousepads

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:48 PM - 09/13/17 »
i have the zowie g-sr and it works very well with my g502 which has the same sensor has your g903
it also is more durable than the qck+ but a bit more pricey too
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:34 AM - 09/14/17 »
maybe i go for hard pad g903 is feeling a lot more heavy than my old g3 what hard mousepad you recommend

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:40 AM - 09/14/17 »
Hard pads for speed, cloth for accuracy.

I personally go with hard because I prefer the low profile, they're easier to keep clean and don't degrade as quickly. My Steelseries 4HD is in impeccable condition going on 6 years after purchase. I didn't realise that until I found an old Amazon receipt.

Cloth is a sweat magnet in hot climates like we have here in Australia, so it's not the best choice. That and cloth is just too mushy underfoot for my liking.

Offline cbntlg

• Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #7 on: 05:24 AM - 09/14/17 »
Hard pads for speed, cloth for accuracy.
Agreed.
I prefer accuracy. I prefer to move my arm significantly in order to turn, as I can then use my wrist more accurately when ADSed. I've used a very wide mousemat from Newsky all this year. High quality materials and manufacturing and it's worked very well for me.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LGWIKZ2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Where's Half-Life 3?

Xim4, PS4, Allreli T9+ keypad, Swiftpoint Z mouse, Logitech G440 mousemat, Audio Technica ATH AD700 headphones, MixAmp Pro audio, BenQ XL2420G monitor.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #8 on: 12:04 PM - 09/14/17 »
I was always on soft pads till about two years ago and then bought the Logitech hard pad. Wish I'd done so sooner, personally it was a night and day improvement however YMMV as I think it is a very subjective personal taste thing.

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:49 AM - 09/15/17 »
i have the zowie g-sr and it works very well with my g502 which has the same sensor has your g903

I had to wait until Monday for the g440 so I gave up and bought benq g-sr do you think the g640 was a better choice?.

what settings you chose from the benq g-sr settings

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:06 PM - 09/15/17 »

I had to wait until Monday for the g440 so I gave up and bought benq g-sr do you think the g640 was a better choice?.

what settings you chose from the benq g-sr settings

use the cloth pad settings :)

as for the pads the g-sr was a good choice, logitech doesnt produce very good mousepads, at least for gaming
for desktop useage their are great

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:26 PM - 09/15/17 »
thanks

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sncjez
« Reply #12 on: 02:43 AM - 09/16/17 »
Due to a mishap with my g440 i have been using my weekly tv magazine which comes with the sun newspaper on saturdays (UK), i can say that my lightning gun accuracy in quake champions has gone well up in the percentages over any 25 to 30 quid mouse mat i have used.

Give it a try and tape the sides it will only cost you 50p  ;D

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:31 AM - 09/16/17 »
i dont know but when i use my mouse with 12000 dpi  xim flashing red on every move when i down dpi to 4000-6000 all is fine 1000 or 500 rate is better ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:39 AM - 09/16/17 »
500hz or 1000hz doesnt make a difference so just go with 1000hz :)

as for the red lightning, thats an indication that you move the mouse faster than the game allows you to turn
when you increase your dpi this will automatically increase your mouse sensitivity, which means you have to reduce your xim sensitivity a bit
12000 dpi is 3 times more than 4000 dpi which means you have to divide your xim sensitivity by 3
then you wont see any red lightning like with 4000 dpi :)