XIM Community

Is it ok to unplug xim while it is on?  (Read 179 times)

Offline Maniac602

• View Profile
Is it ok to unplug xim while it is on?
« on: 05:25 AM - 08/12/17 »
So, I am using the xim with a PS nav controller and sometimes need to press the share button on the DS4 when I want to take a screen shot or save a video. So I do that, but have to re-establish  the connection to the nav controller;  so I unplug the cable that came with the xim that plugs into the ps4 and just plug it back in....is this ok to do?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Is it ok to unplug xim while it is on?
« Reply #1 on: 08:42 AM - 08/12/17 »
Welcome to the community. Why do you have to reconnect the nav to press the share button on the controller?

Yes, it's safe to unplug XIM4 any time that it's not saving a config. If XIM4 loses power while saving changes your configs may become corrupt and a factory reset will be required. Be sure to back up your configs if this is a concern.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Maniac602

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:21 PM - 08/12/17 »
Ok cool, thanks for the reply!

The reason is because whenever I press the share button on the DS4, the xim blinks and then the nav controller stops working. So, I just unplug the cable thats plugged into the PS4 from the xim and plug it right back in and then the nav works again.  Just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't ruin the xim if I do it to much.  Thanks again,  I appreciate it!

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:54 PM - 08/12/17 »
That's strange, I haven't heard of this before. Nav disconnects can be common with a low or failing battery or a bad cable but this is the first I've heard of the share button disconnecting the nav.

You might want to try using the nav in wireless mode. To use this the nav in wireless mode connect everything like normal, verify the nav is working in your game, then remove the nav cable and press the PS button on the nav. It should be working wirelessly now. I wonder if you will see the same disconnect.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Maniac602

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:37 PM - 08/12/17 »
Ok, it actually was a bad wire connected to the DS4. Swapped it and I can now press buttons on the DS4 without it disconnecting the nav!

I appreciate your replies because it really helped me and resolved my issue!