XIM Community

Xim4 USB switch?  (Read 600 times)

Offline Filet12

• View Profile
Xim4 USB switch?
« on: 11:46 PM - 07/03/17 »
What switcher do people use so they can use their M+Kb on their PC and console?

Offline Beaker1991

• View Profile
Re: Xim4 USB switch?
« Reply #1 on: 09:39 AM - 07/04/17 »
I use an older IOGEAR. If you just want USB switching you can find one for less then $20USD.

Offline dragowulf

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: suckmah9l0ck
« Reply #2 on: 05:40 PM - 07/04/17 »
I use the IOGear USB 3.0 4 port switch and it works amazing for me.

Offline Bimbo2233

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:42 AM - 07/10/17 »
How do u guys connect the cables? it didnt work for me. I also got a iogear usb switch.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:07 AM - 07/10/17 »
How do u guys connect the cables? it didnt work for me. I also got a iogear usb switch.

1. Connect mouse and keyboard to the front USB ports of the IOGear switch.
2. Plug one of the rear cables of the IOGear into a front USB port on Xim4.
3. If sharing with a PC, plug another of the rear IOGear cables into a PC USB port.
4. Leave the controller connected to the Xim4.

Alternately, you can share the Xim4 between multiple consoles -
1. m/kb plug into Xim4.
2. Xim4 into a front USB port on the IOGear switch.
3. Plug one rear cable from the IOGear into one console (e.g PS4), plug another rear cable into another console (e.g XB1).
4. Leave the controller connected to the Xim4. Swap the controller, depending on the console, e.g use DS4 on PS4.

Offline Bimbo2233

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:45 AM - 07/10/17 »
That sounds easy. I did not try it this way to be honest. I thought i have to plug the mouse into USB1 and the keyboard into USB2 at the Xim4. I will try this today. Thanks man!

Offline hiroshimus

• I've got you in my sights!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Hiroshimus
  • PSN ID: Hiroshimus
« Reply #6 on: 02:32 PM - 07/10/17 »
The iogear works great bro.

Listen I have an Xbox One and a PS4.

I hated and I felt lazy about having to unplug and plug cables over and over again.

I play Overwatch on Xbox One a lot but for example I used to play The Last of Us Remastered edition on PS4 at the same time. Since I always play games at the highest difficulty I also wanted to use the Xim 4 in order to play TLOU.

So I have an USB Switch, which is connected to the Xim 4 and connected to the PS4 and the Xbox One.

Make sure that if you have an issue, connect stuff to a different USB port on your Xbox One for example. My Xbox One has 3 USB ports and it works best with the one on the side.

So, then I have 1 USB hub with a power adapter since I have connected a mouse, a keypad and a joystick to it. I bought one with a self power adapter just in case it's too much energy drain for my Xim 4. That USB hub is connected to the xim 4 usb port 1.

I don't have anything connected to the xim 4 usb port 2 since I just don't have the need since I have a 5 port USB hub connected to xim 4 usb port 1.

Then I have an usb hub with power switches connected to xim 4 usb port 3. I bought one with power switches because this is where you connect your Xbox One controller and your PS4 controller. The xim 4 is gonna have trouble recognizing both controllers if you'd have a regular usb hub without power switches. So I have both controllers connected to that usb hub but if I'm playing Xbox One I turn off the power switch of the PS4 controller on my usb hub.

So basically if you're playing Xbox One and you're using the Xim 4 and then you want to play something on your PS4, you'd only have to press the button on your USB SWITCH so you go from ''Device 1 (Xbox One) '' to ''Device 2 (PS4)''. Then you disable your xbox one controller by pressing the power switch button on your USB hub that's connected to the Xim 4 usb port 3 (the one with the three dots right next to the micro usb port) and you turn on your PS4 controller by enabling its power switch on the usb hub.

It works perfect every time and I only have to press 2 buttons.

If you have an issue with your xim 4 maybe I'd suggest turning off your xbox one first and then performing the easy short steps I just explained, even though it shouldn't be necessary.

Cheers mate.
@andres_torres1987

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:04 PM - 07/10/17 »
There's a lot of USB switches on Amazon that are good, depends what you're looking for really but the iogear is a good choice and a lot of people use it with the Xim.

Offline RemiVice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:36 PM - 02/11/18 »
I know itís a old tread but Iím searching a idea to implement a HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset via usb to this system. So far I think I would need a second switch. What do you think?

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:26 PM - 02/12/18 »
what's the purpose of the switch?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:20 PM - 02/12/18 »
A USB switch can do one of two things in a Xim setup -

1. Swap m/kb between PC & Xim. In this case, the switch is attached to the Xim.
2. Swap Xim between multiple consoles. This time, the Xim is attached to the switch.

Offline RemiVice

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:34 AM - 02/16/18 »
The thing is, the HyperX Cloud II is usb so 2 usb cable as to come out of the switch and go to the same system. (If thatís make any sense.)