XIM Community

Nintendo Switch Update 3.00  (Read 4164 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Nintendo Switch Update 3.00
« Reply #30 on: 05:54 PM - 08/16/17 »
They reversed engineered the Tuact Venom X, not us.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline DarkISO

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07:43 PM - 08/16/17 »
oh, but still, couldn't someone just take whatever code they used to work with the Switch and modify it to work with the xim4?

Offline MisterAlex

• Esquire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:44 PM - 08/16/17 »
oh, but still, couldn't someone just take whatever code they used to work with the Switch and modify it to work with the xim4?

I doubt they post their hard-earned code on github so others can easily develop competing products...

Offline DarkISO

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:50 PM - 08/16/17 »
could reverse engineer what they made from reverse engineering someone elses device  ;D

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:36 PM - 08/20/17 »
switch support would be nice

Offline ICEMAN

• Team EWIX - Founder
    • View Profile
    • Team Ewix
  • Gamertag: IceMan40
  • PSN ID: xxIceMan40xx
« Reply #35 on: 08:07 PM - 09/04/17 »
Hey all I know this thread has gone a little silent. However, wanted to let everyone know I have XIM4 up and running on my Switch using the Brooks Adapter (http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/01745934/). Also confirming analog movement works. Just been fine tuning my translator profile to feel more fluid.

Right now for Splatoons 2 the Evolve ST seems the best. Anywho, wanted to let people know it works so they can give it a try themselves. Would like to see others suggestions and profiles for other switch games. So I am donít have to mess around to much finding the best setup.
XBOX One Gaming Setup:
XIM4E :: ASUS VG248QE Monitor :: Razer Naga 5700dpi :: Logitech G13 Gamepad :: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard

Streaming/Recording Setup:
15-inch: 2.3GHz MacBook Pro with Retina display :: Wirecast 5.0 Studio :: Blue Yeti Microphone :: Logitech C920 WebCam :: Black Magic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt :: Atlona AT-HD550 HDMI Up/Down Scaler/Convertor :: Sewell Direct SW-23500 HDMI Splitter :: Avermedia ExtremeCap U3

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:09 PM - 09/05/17 »
thanks a lot for the feedback, how well does it work with the brooks adapter? :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline MisterAlex

• Esquire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:48 PM - 09/05/17 »
Hey all I know this thread has gone a little silent. However, wanted to let everyone know I have XIM4 up and running on my Switch using the Brooks Adapter (http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/01745934/). Also confirming analog movement works. Just been fine tuning my translator profile to feel more fluid.
Cool, thanks for the info. So you're using the XB->Switch adapter that you linked, right? Not the PS->Switch adapter?

Offline ICEMAN

• Team EWIX - Founder
    • View Profile
    • Team Ewix
« Reply #38 on: 05:35 PM - 09/05/17 »
thanks a lot for the feedback, how well does it work with the brooks adapter? :)

Works pretty good. Only problem Iíve found is finding the right ST to start with to setup a game profile. I feel like Splatoons has a weird look mechanic that would need the trainer to get perfect. But Iíve found one in the evolve st I can live with and it feels almost like it were natively supported.

I think the only downside to this setup is that we donít have specific ST support for the games on Nintendo so your left with finding the best fit for purpose ST you can find. I am hoping others will try out so we can help each other find the optimum ST to work with while XIM determines whether or not to officially support the Switch. But until more shooters get announced for the Switch I can understand it being low/non priority.
XBOX One Gaming Setup:
XIM4E :: ASUS VG248QE Monitor :: Razer Naga 5700dpi :: Logitech G13 Gamepad :: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard

15-inch: 2.3GHz MacBook Pro with Retina display :: Wirecast 5.0 Studio :: Blue Yeti Microphone :: Logitech C920 WebCam :: Black Magic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt :: Atlona AT-HD550 HDMI Up/Down Scaler/Convertor :: Sewell Direct SW-23500 HDMI Splitter :: Avermedia ExtremeCap U3

Offline DarkISO

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:10 PM - 09/06/17 »

Works pretty good. Only problem Iíve found is finding the right ST to start with to setup a game profile. I feel like Splatoons has a weird look mechanic that would need the trainer to get perfect. But Iíve found one in the evolve st I can live with and it feels almost like it were natively supported.

I think the only downside to this setup is that we donít have specific ST support for the games on Nintendo so your left with finding the best fit for purpose ST you can find. I am hoping others will try out so we can help each other find the optimum ST to work with while XIM determines whether or not to officially support the Switch. But until more shooters get announced for the Switch I can understand it being low/non priority.

just making sure, so you just set up the xim like normal but connect the brooks adapter to the switch and the xim cable to said adapter

Offline ICEMAN

• Team EWIX - Founder
    • View Profile
    • Team Ewix
« Reply #40 on: 09:39 AM - 09/07/17 »

just making sure, so you just set up the xim like normal but connect the brooks adapter to the switch and the xim cable to said adapter

I first paired the XBOX controller per the instructions that came with the Brooks adapter then I plugged everything back into the XIM how I would normally use it for the Xbox except I plugged the USB into the Brooks adapter. Works great. You need to get the initial pairing done with the controller for it to work I think.
XBOX One Gaming Setup:

Offline ICEMAN

• Team EWIX - Founder
    • View Profile
    • Team Ewix
« Reply #41 on: 09:46 AM - 09/07/17 »
Cool, thanks for the info. So you're using the XB->Switch adapter that you linked, right? Not the PS->Switch adapter?

I use XIM4 for XBOX so I bought the XBOX adapter. I would think it would have the same results for those with a PS4 setup wanting to use XIM on their switch as well. But I can't test and don't know if it works with the XIM PS controller setup. Would need someone else to test and confirm. I can only confirm it works with the XBOX controller XIM setup.
XBOX One Gaming Setup:

Offline Spectrum

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:32 AM - 09/14/17 »
With Doom and Wolfenstein coming to the Switch, you have no more excuse not to release XIM 4 on it now...

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
« Reply #43 on: 08:48 PM - 09/15/17 »
With Doom and Wolfenstein coming to the Switch, you have no more excuse not to release XIM 4 on it now...
I agree, the number of games coming to the switch that would benefit from the use of XIM is looking promising.

Offline MisterAlex

• Esquire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06:19 PM - 09/16/17 »

Could you try and sound a little more entitled?  I don't think your post was demanding enough.  :v