XIM Community

Mouse for my new Xim4  (Read 203 times)

Offline Felo723

• View Profile
Mouse for my new Xim4
« on: 02:41 PM - 06/19/17 »
First of all, hello everyone.
I'm new here and obviously I can't wait for my xim to be delivered tomorrow.
At the moment I'm using mad catz rat3 and already realised that it is placed on the "not-compatible" list so I've started to look around for a replacement.
The one that caught my eye was Logitec g502 at around ?50 but then I've found a ?29 Havit 12k dpi (ms735) if I'm right, but I can't find it on either of the compatible-non compatible list.

Any idea or maybe someone is using this mouse and could help before i decide which one to buy?

Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: 02:51 PM - 06/19/17 by Felo723 »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse for my new Xim4
« Reply #1 on: 03:33 PM - 06/19/17 »
Welcome to the community. I haven't heard of the havit brand but I can say you're buying more than DPI when shopping for a mouse. A 12,000 DPI logitech mouse will not equal a 12,000 DPI mouse from another brand. The sensor and technology built for that sensor is a factor too. The G502 arguably uses a pixart 3366 sensor which is arguably one of the best sensors available now so I would recommend it if it's within your budget.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Felo723

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:36 PM - 06/19/17 »
Thanks gor a quick answer.
By all means, can You recommend any other ones as well?
I'll be using my corsair k50 keyboard but as i said, still looking around for a good mouse.
Thanks !

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:41 PM - 06/19/17 »
I only have hands on experience with logitech these days. I currently have the g502 and g900. Both are great but I prefer the g502 for the third side button. People here do like the g303 as well but I don't have experience with it.

I've also used the latest razer mamba te. I don't recommend this mouse, it has poor lift off distance, poor tracking, it feels cheap and it disconnects. These issues are common among mamba te users according to google. If you go the razer route I hear deathadders are a better choice.

Offline Felo723

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:44 PM - 06/19/17 »
Thanks a lot!!
I've decided that I'll get the Logitec g502 and Titanwolf gauntlet as well. Titanwolf is cheap anyway and can always send it back but if it'll be fine I'll just keep it as a spare one :)
I'll update it tomorrow how they both feel!

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:10 PM - 06/19/17 »
Awesome. I would be curious how the titanwolf compares to the g502 in terms of tracking and build quality. If you run into an issue I recommend that you first update to the latest XIM4 firmware to take advantage of the latest hardware support. Otherwise let us know if you have other issues.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

Offline Felo723

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:15 AM - 06/20/17 »
Just an update:

G502 and Titanwolf tested.
Obviously the logitec mouse is better quality one and doesn't fell cheap comparing to the titanwolf but they both work absolutely the same...
It could be just my own opinion as I'm used to playing on a controller but for me , no difference except the build quality!

Extra info, tested my mad catz RAT3 and i was surprised to find out that it works even though it's on a non-compatible list so You can update the list guys :)

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:07 AM - 06/20/17 »
Thanks. It may have not worked at one point, everything on the list is based on user feedback. We had a large change to our hardware compatibility last year which brought support to many devices that weren't supported previously.

Do all the buttons on the RAT work? Do multiple mouse button presses at once register? I think these were an issue with RAT mice in the past.

Offline Felo723

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:49 AM - 06/20/17 »
So far so good, tested it for about an hour and didn't notice any problems whatsoever:)

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:12 PM - 06/20/17 »
Awesome. Thanks for the report, I'll update the list. Sorry to hear that the extra mice were not needed, on the bright side you have multiple mice to compare before returning the ones you don't keep.