XIM Community

PLUGABLE PM3360 PERFORMANCE MOUSE  (Read 225 times)

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
PLUGABLE PM3360 PERFORMANCE MOUSE
« on: 12:50 AM - 06/14/17 »
I was looking to get a new mouse. And in doing some research, I found out about this mouse from Plugable. I have two of their USB 2.0 Powered Hubs and they have been phenomenal so I figured I would try it.

http://plugable.com/products/usb-pm3360/

And in the product description at the top it says this.
Compatible with any device that can use a USB mouse including Windows and Linux PCs, Macs, the XIM4 mouse adapter for consoles, and much more.

You can get 20% off of the mouse from Amazon by going here.
http://plugable.com/products/usb-pm3360/discount/

Here is a link to the Amazon page.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J9JC6S/

I ordered one, because for $32 (with the 20% off) it's worth a try.

I will post back here to verify their claims of it working with the XIM4. I am 99% certain it will work with XIM4 anyway.

Is anyone else going to try it?

It seems cheap but if it does a lot of stuff right for $32 it may be a really good deal.

I know it only goes up to 3200 DPI, and it has no software to change that, but after the few posts that say never go above 3200 DPI, or it messes with the sensor accuracy, it may just be perfect.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: PLUGABLE PM3360 PERFORMANCE MOUSE
« Reply #1 on: 09:06 AM - 06/14/17 »
Huh, I've never actually seen that before -- a mouse advertising compatibility that includes XIM4. I would assume that if they make that claim of compatibility that it works. Thanks for letting us know if that claim is true.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:43 PM - 06/15/17 »
Just got it. It feels really solid. Only complaint is that you can't adjust the lighting for each DPI but I get that, they wanted 100% no software or drivers.

It works perfectly on the XIM4 with the latest firmware. All buttons register perfectly and 3200 DPI feels absolutely perfect in BF1 with 25 sensitivity.

I think there is something to the not using max DPI of a mouse. 3200 on this 3360 feels a lot more responsive when compared to my G403 (3366) at 12000. Well what I mean is higher DPI does not always mean more responsive I guess, at least in my testing. The max DPI on this mouse is 3200 but it CAN go to 12000 just they don't give you the option.

Anyway just reporting that it does work with no issues at all.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:41 PM - 06/15/17 »
Thanks for letting us know!
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:11 PM - 06/16/17 »
Thanks for letting us know!
No problem.