XIM Community

ROCCAT leadr  (Read 953 times)

Offline belpoutre

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: oO BouB Oo
ROCCAT leadr
« on: 05:52 AM - 06/09/17 »
HI everyone,
First, i'm not english so i try to do my best with my own words ;) ....
Just a little post to say that i have buy a roccat Leadr to remplace my tyon and I just wish to share with you that it works perfectly but with the usb cable only.
the support with the wireless connection is too greedy in energy i think.
For the rest, she is just perfectly fine for fps with her optical sensor.
That's all i wanted to share  ;)!!
See you and have a good game !!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: ROCCAT leadr
« Reply #1 on: 09:08 AM - 06/09/17 »
Thanks for the report. About wireless not working, are you using XIM4's latest firmware? There is a chance it could fix your wireless issue.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline belpoutre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:33 AM - 06/09/17 »
Thanks for the idea, but i think i have the latest firmware cause my Xim has the four rapid green blink. And the application on my iphone seems to indicate the 20170103.
But perhaps there is two version of this firmware ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:51 AM - 06/09/17 »
No, that's the latest firmware. This firmware has improved hardware support compared to the stock XIM4 that has been shipping for over a year so I thought it would be worth it to check.

Does this include a receiver? I don't see it mentioned on the product page, is the receiver in the cable?

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #4 on: 06:20 PM - 06/09/17 »
Got one coming soon, can't use a powered USB 2.0 hub in between?

Offline belpoutre

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:59 AM - 06/10/17 »
Yes there is a receiver for the mouse, it is a kind of base on which the mouse is positioned for reloading. It is possible to connect the usb cable to this base or to the mouse. When connected to the base, the link is made wirelessly with the mouse and this is where there is problem, but by plugging the cable directly to the mouse there is no more worries

Offline belpoutre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:48 AM - 06/10/17 »
I did not think of using a powered hub, I think I have one but it must be an old 1.0. I will try to ask a friend, thx for idea ;)!!!

Offline bigbrown2056

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:33 PM - 06/20/17 »
Mine works fine wireless, but I can't get the easy shift button to work.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:03 PM - 06/20/17 »
What are people thoughts so far?
I just received mine in the mail and have it sitting there charging, but it did feel nice in the hand. Looking forward to setting it up with my Xim tonight.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:37 AM - 06/21/17 »
Well I can't get any profile changes to save to the mouse, as soon as I plug it in to the Xim it reverts to the default settings, so I can't increase the DPI or anything.... hmmmmmm

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:05 AM - 06/21/17 »
Assuming you have onboard memory selected when making those changes, if it the software offers this selection, then it may not have onboard memory that can be used without software.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:32 PM - 06/21/17 »
Assuming you have onboard memory selected when making those changes, if it the software offers this selection, then it may not have onboard memory that can be used without software.

No option to select onboard memory that I can see. On the site it states: 32-BIT PROCESSOR + 512KB MEMORY
for rapid macro storage and execution; I just don't see the point of onboard memory if it were only for macro's, they would still be rendered useless if the swarm software is not active.
I'm in touch with someone from their support team now, so I've asked specifically if it can store profiles on the mouse, waiting to hear back.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:58 PM - 06/21/17 »
Some devices do allow you to store profiles onboard but you can't use these unless the software is running. Be sure to make the distinction of using the device memory without their software when you talk with them.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:41 AM - 06/22/17 »

From what I can see, there is no option to select onboard memory. Good news is that I've been advised the onboard memory should store profiles, much like the Logitech G502 does. Bad new is that mine currently cannot. I've scoured the internet and found that it appears to be a relatively common issue.
I'll continue with roccat support to see if they can come up with a solution.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:13 AM - 06/22/17 »
Some devices do allow you to store profiles onboard but you can't use these unless the software is running. Be sure to make the distinction of using the device memory without their software when you talk with them.

I've received a follow up email stating that the Roccat Leadr DOES require the software to utilize the onboard memory. Pretty pissed off right now...