XIM Community

Help before I buy - living room config  (Read 164 times)

Offline kadad

• View Profile
Help before I buy - living room config
« on: 05:36 PM - 06/06/17 »
Hello,
I've made search concerning a totally wireless config for my living room. I'd like the community to confirm it will work before I buy.
PS Nav Mov
Logitech G700S
Sony Gold Wireless Stereo Headset

Will it be possible to be wireless with xim4 for all devices ?

Subsidiary : will XIM4 improve overwatch gameplay since those devices cost a lot ?

Thank you for you answers.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Help before I buy - living room config
« Reply #1 on: 05:56 PM - 06/06/17 »
Welcome to the community. Your hardware decisions look good (you'll need a mouse surface as well).

Concerning Overwatch, XIM4 always does the best translation that is possible given what the game developer produces. That said, Overwatch has aspects to it's aiming system that were very poor (even for controller users). The worst offender (timed acceleration) is gone with their recent update. It still has a slower maximum turn speed compared to COD but it isn't that bad.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline kadad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:17 PM - 06/06/17 »
Thank you for your answer. English is not my natural language.

What means "The worst offender (timed acceleration)".

So according to you, all device will work wireless ?

Any advice for a mouse surface on a sofa ? Yeah, I'm lazy... ; )

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:31 AM - 06/07/17 »
I would check out regular lapdesks and see if they are wide enough to support the mouse pad size you want and your Nav hand. The nice thing about the Nav is that it is small and give a lot of options for lapdesks.

Timed acceleration is something some game makers put into their games to make aiming "easier" with thumbsticks but in reality it always makes it harder because it makes aiming not predicable or deterministic. It's where you want to turn at a certain speed but the game doesn't jump to that speed immediately, rather it accelerates over time up to that speed. Any game developer that does that in my opinion really doesn't know what they are doing. It's a terrible thing to add to any aiming system and Overwatch had it but was patched to remove it.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Online xKowal86x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:43 AM - 06/07/17 »
You ask about did that device help,cuz cost load.Let me tell you,i have scuf,sharq and nacon revolution controllers,yes they cost loads to.Alweys think mouse and k/b on consol is bit cheating,but kontrollfreeks,scuff and nacon give you adventage to aginst standard controller use.
I was good with bo3 with controller and avrege in r6s and destiny.
I decide oh what the hell i give chance to xim (even i never use before mouse and K/B).
Setup yeh was expensive,mouse logitech g502 cost me about 60 pound,kayboard logitech 120 cost only 10 pound and xim4 from amazon 130 pound,so yes cost me loads.
But let me tell you it was best money i ever spend for gaming,after using mouse and K/B for one week,i just love it!!!
I never play overwatch and i know xim4 work better with some games and worst with other but any way is much better then standart or modded controller.
I never play with mouse but in 2-3 days my accuracy in rainbow six improve massive,try for 1h in destiny and was good to.
Yes was pein i @#$% to get use to k/b but now is massive improvment.
So if you have money and think did is worth it or maybe is better just buy modded controller for about 100 pound just buy xim4 and give him a time to adjust.
After 7 days of use i love this product,i love even sit 3-4h play just terrorist hunt in rainbow six and have super fun.
OBsIV create amazing device,and thats was my best money spend for ps4 ever.
English is not my first languege to so sorry if not everything is perfect:)

Offline kadad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:08 AM - 06/12/17 »
Thanks a lot for your advices. I'll go for that configuration and I'll post later when I will have tried.

Offline kadad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:22 AM - 06/12/17 »
Wow. I just read on a post that Xim isn't effective on tracer, which is my main, but maybe it is what you were talking about that was patched ?

The Max turn speed of Overwatch really works against being able to play Tracer and Genji with Xim. It's a real pain.

Online xKowal86x

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:51 PM - 06/12/17 »
Dont play Overwatch but i see that on yt so its looks like is posible to play:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStEiW3g16A

Offline kadad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:39 AM - 06/13/17 »
You're right. Seems a bit complicated to configure but it is possible. Thanx.

Offline endiplier

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: endg0r
« Reply #9 on: 03:17 AM - 06/22/17 »
I am running the following setup at home on my couch and it is working really good, mostly playing Battlefield 1 and Overwatch.

- Logitech G403 Wireless (quite expensive but 1000 times better than Logitech MX Master which I had before).
- Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270
- SteelSeries DeX Gaming Mousepad

I plugged in two logitech unifying dongles into XIM4, one for the mouse and one for the keyboard, works without any issues 4-5m away from the TV.

And I must say that changing the mousepad made a huge difference in the gameplay feeling. I had Steelseries QcK+ before and sometimes the mouse input "froze" for a second and it didn't feel smooth.
With the DeX mousepad the aiming is so much smoother now, feels almost like PC when playing FPS games.

The only thing I want to switch out is the keyboard to something better but I haven't found any good replacements which is wireless.
Twitter: @endiplier | Twitch: endiplier | YouTube: endiplier

Offline kadad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:29 AM - 06/22/17 »
Haven't received and try the device I ordered, but the PS3 nav seems to work and could help