XIM Community

Wireless headset or USB Soundcard? [ANY SOLUTION?] PS4  (Read 644 times)

Offline Deeth

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Deeth98
Hi there,

As Im playing 95% of the time with the XIM 4 on my PS4 Pro, i ran into some audio issues. Cause my headset wont work if I plug it into the cotroller while its connected to the xim4. So I thought ok, lets try it with an USB soundcard. This works But the sound it trash and my mates always hear an electrical sound in the party when I speak. I tried 2 USB soundcards and both have the same effect. Now Im thinking about getting myself a wireless headset cause i dont need to plug it in.

How do you guys handle with that problem or is it only me?
Any solutions you can suggest?
Any advices for a good headset?

Thanks in advance!!
PS4 Pro | Xim4 | Mouse: Razer Naga 8200dpi | Keyboard: KLIM Chroma | Headset: Sony Platinum Wireless

Offline Georoul

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: georoul
Re: Wireless headset or USB Soundcard? [ANY SOLUTION?] PS4
« Reply #1 on: 05:44 PM - 06/06/17 »
I have these https://en.sharkoon.com/product//12763#desc
Sounds very nice -crystal sound

The only thing you need as extra is a usb hub cause with xim4 you will be out of usb ports

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:49 PM - 06/06/17 »
if those are cheap usb soundcards then get a quality one, eg the creative soundblaster play 2 soundcard
other than that a great wireless headset is the sony gold wireless or platinum wireless headset
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Yuo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:41 PM - 06/09/17 »
eg the creative soundblaster play 2 soundcard

I'm having a similar issue to OP, except my USB sound card doesn't even appear in the audio output and input under the audio devices tab inside the PS4 settings. I have my XIM 4 plugged into the USB port on the front side of my PS4 and the USB sound card plugged in right next to it. If I got the creative soundblaster and did it the same way, it would work right?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:26 AM - 06/10/17 »
eg the creative soundblaster play 2 soundcard

I'm having a similar issue to OP, except my USB sound card doesn't even appear in the audio output and input under the audio devices tab inside the PS4 settings. I have my XIM 4 plugged into the USB port on the front side of my PS4 and the USB sound card plugged in right next to it. If I got the creative soundblaster and did it the same way, it would work right?

not every soundcard is supported by the playstation, while most of those do work the ones that dont run basic drivers arent supported

yes the creative soundblaster play 2 works :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline ThatGuy12341

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:26 AM - 06/16/17 »
Hey guys I'm having this same problem. I have a USB hub that I plug in my USB sound card too. It registers it as my sound device but the volume is so low I can't hear a thing. I tried a Y adapter to connect to the USB sound card once the sound card is plugged into the hub and then plug in my headset in  but it's made no difference. I changed my audio from "all audio" to " chat audio" also tried changing the volume levels etc.. The PS4 recognizes my setup but I just can't figure out why I can't hear anyone. Anyone have this problem?

I'm using the standar PS4 headphones
« Last Edit: 07:09 AM - 06/16/17 by ThatGuy12341 »

Offline HappehLemons

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:26 AM - 06/16/17 »
Hey guys I'm having this same problem. I have a USB hub that I plug in my USB sound card too. It registers it as my sound device but the volume is so low I can't hear a thing. I tried a Y adapter to connect to the USB sound card once the sound card is plugged into the hub and then plug in my headset in  but it's made no difference. I changed my audio from "all audio" to " chat audio" also tried changing the volume levels etc.. The PS4 recognizes my setup but I just can't figure out why I can't hear anyone. Anyone have this problem?

I'm using the standar PS4 headphones

I had a similar issue. I ended up buying an amp.

Offline ThatGuy12341

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:42 AM - 06/16/17 »

I had a similar issue. I ended up buying an amp.

Which amp did you buy?

Offline II steve II

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: li steve li
  • PSN ID: l_steve_l
« Reply #8 on: 04:54 PM - 06/16/17 »
I have had my xim4 since my launch PS4. If you use a supported usb headset (wired or wireless) it works fine. I currently am using a pair of arctis 7s but have used wireless gold - silver - elite 800s - 500 stealths - A40s. So just get something you want to use and is tested to work with the PS4. (I currently am on a pro now as well with a usb hub - everything still works fine.)
XIM 4 | Razer Orbweaver Chroma Stealth | Razer Taipan | Sony Nav Controller | Logitech G700s