XIM Community

Forum Profile & Turn off Email Notifications not possible  (Read 353 times)

Offline BuryUrDad

• View Profile
How can I turn off these Email Notifications?
"For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me"
Really hard to believe that this isn't possible???

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Forum Profile & Turn off Email Notifications not possible
« Reply #1 on: 08:40 AM - 05/13/17 »
It's not normal to receive notifications unless you requested it. You aren't seeing it under you Profile?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BuryUrDad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:48 AM - 05/14/17 »
I had marked some threads with notifications for following these threads in Tapatalk. I want just mark some threads and won't get any email notfication which is standard in all forums I know. But in this forum I have only the selection "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me" instantly/daily/weekly. How can I turn this off that I don't receive any emails?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:55 AM - 05/16/17 »
On the Notifications page, there should be a list of threads and/or forums you've elected to be notified about. Use the checkbox to the right to select them, then hit the Unnotify button to unsubscribe from notifications.

Offline BuryUrDad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:57 PM - 05/18/17 »
I f I unnotify threads I can't follow them anymore and can only use "recent unread topics" and not a filter for reading my marked threads.

In other forums I can mark topics that I can follow them without getting any email notfications.
In these (standard) boards I have notfications on, but can chose to get notfications only internal of the board and no email notfications. In the Xim-Forum I can just unnotify, but then I can't follow my marked threads in Tapatalk. Hope it's clearer know what I am trying to say.

In short words: I want marked threads to follow these in Tapatalk (which isn't working atm), but I don't want any email notfication.

Offline BuryUrDad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:39 AM - 05/19/17 »
On the Notifications page, there should be a list of threads and/or forums you've elected to be notified about. Use the checkbox to the right to select them, then hit the Unnotify button to unsubscribe from notifications.

and I got an email...

BuryUrDad,

Below is a summary of all activity in your subscribed boards and topics at XIM Community this week. To unsubscribe please visit the link below.
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=85244

Regards,
The XIM Community Team.