XIM Community

Redragon Kumara K552  (Read 226 times)

Offline Bruno_RJ

• View Profile
Redragon Kumara K552
« on: 04:34 AM - 05/09/17 »
The Redragon Kumara K552 is the cheapest option to go for a mechanical keyboard, I think. I see that is on the hardware list as a fully functional keyboard to work with the Xim4.

Anyone using this keyboard? I wanna know if there is any known "small" issue like powering through the Xim4... Will I need a usb hub?

I'll be using with the Logitech G203 mouse.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Redragon Kumara K552
« Reply #1 on: 02:32 PM - 05/09/17 »
I can't speak for the Kumara k552 but I've noticed the Red Dragon keyboards can have power issues requiring a powered hub. The bigger issue is that some are reported to have rollover issues, this is when pressing certain keys together results in one or more keys not registering. There is no fix for a rollover issue.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Bruno_RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:47 PM - 05/09/17 »
The K553 is reported to require an extra power and the K552 is listed as fully functional. I might give it a try then...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:11 PM - 05/09/17 »
Please let us know your experience so we can update the hardware list.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Bruno_RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:51 AM - 05/10/17 »
Sure, I will

Offline Salty Poro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:14 AM - 04/15/18 »
I have a Redragon k552 Kumara and bought it from 40-50 days and i started having problems with the keys.. sometimes after gaming for 3-4 hours the arrow keys & 'D' , 'Q' even 'W' key starts to do weird things.. i press it, it doesn't work
i spam-pressing it it starts to work a little.. so i go on a Text Document.. and proceed to press the key slowly and notice that sometimes it doesn't respond to my pressing and sometimes it does... i don't know what is this problem.. but i'm so sad that i bought it for 1,350 EGP .. approximately to 80$ and it have these type of problems.. i had microsoft / dell keyboards and they lived with me for over 1 year...

Useless note: i just made an account to reply to this topic