XIM Community

Perfect Keypad For XIM users!? **UPDATED**  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Perfect Keypad For XIM users!? **UPDATED**
« on: 11:19 AM - 05/06/17 »
I've been on a keyboard hunt again, looking for something small and compact for playing CSGO with plenty of keys for buy binds! I came across this and thought the XIM community would love this!? Especially Couch gamers!

This is exactly what i have been searching for! For so so long!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Koolertron-Professional-Single-Handed-Programmable-Mechanical/dp/B06XZMY6PQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1494090727&sr=8-7&keywords=mechanical+macro+pad

************Here are the ss's from the macro user guide.*************

***This part is some text at the end of the document i copy and pasted rather than adding another ss, as macro examples.***

Koolertron SMKD Keypad

Delay-Macro Examples
Example:  Go!Go! Go!Go! Go!Go! 01#   Press   Shift+G    + 40 (ms) 02#   Release       + 40 (ms) 03#   Press   O    + 40 (ms) 04#   Release       + 40 (ms) 05#   Press   Shift+1    + 10 (ms) 06#   Release       + 40 (ms) 07#   Delay       + 1000 (ms)        ; delay 1 second 08#   Goto     0     + 10 (ms)      ; jump to the beginning  09#   End       + 40 (ms)

Example:   2w 01#   Press   2    + 20 (ms)        ; key down,  2 02#   Release       + 10 (ms)       ; key up , 2  03#   Press   W    + 20 (ms)        ; key down, w 04#   Release       + 10 (ms)        ; key up, w 05#   End       + 5 (ms)

Example:  Here is Delay Macro Demo 01#   Press   Shift+H    + 40 (ms) 02#   Press   E    + 40 (ms) 03#   Press   R    + 40 (ms) 04#   Press   E    + 40 (ms) 05#   Press   Space    + 40 (ms) 06#   Press   I    + 40 (ms) 07#   Press   S    + 40 (ms) 08#   Press   Space    + 40 (ms) 09#   Press   Shift+D    + 40 (ms) 10#   Press   E    + 40 (ms) 11#   Press   L    + 40 (ms) 12#   Press   A    + 40 (ms) 13#   Press   Y    + 40 (ms) 14#   Press   Space    + 40 (ms) 15#   Press   Shift+M    + 40 (ms) 16#   Press   A    + 40 (ms) 17#   Press   C    + 40 (ms) 18#   Press   R    + 40 (ms) 19#   Press   O    + 40 (ms) 20#   Press   Space    + 40 (ms) 21#   Press   Shift+D    + 40 (ms) 22#   Press   E    + 40 (ms) 23#   Press   M    + 40 (ms)
Koolertron SMKD Keypad

24#   Press   O    + 40 (ms) 25#   Press   Space    + 40 (ms) 26#   Release       + 40 (ms) 27#   Nop       + 40 (ms) 28#   Press   Space    + 40 (ms) 29#   Press   Shift+M    + 40 (ms) 30#   Press   4    + 40 (ms) 31#   Release       + 40 (ms) 32#   End       + 40 (ms)
« Last Edit: 05:16 PM - 05/23/17 by Lord Of The Sith »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Keypad For XIM users!?
« Reply #1 on: 12:14 PM - 05/06/17 »

would instantly buy that if red switches are available, doesnt seem so though
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:05 PM - 05/06/17 »

would instantly buy that if red switches are available, doesnt seem so though

I know, personally i prefer brown over red, i like the tactile feed back for strafing in CSGO.
I don't know how big of a difference black is over brown or red.

Will google  before a purchase. It seems almost perfect though! :)

Some could even say  that the the orange golden lights are  :-X but it's very Gordon freeman  ;D

Offline theactualstevie

• 3.2KD Destiny, ranked 840th in world, thanks XIM!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sensational, Stevonite
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #3 on: 02:39 AM - 05/09/17 »
Wow this is sick! I'm buying one now, I hope it works with XIM
Mouse:      Zowie ZA-12 3200DPI 500hz
Mat:         Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard:  CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i

Check out my DestinyTracker profile here:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/overview/xbox/stevonite

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:07 AM - 05/09/17 »
Mine is coming probably towards the end of the month.. Shipping says 16th May to 6th June!
I pray it comes sooner!

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:20 PM - 05/18/17 »
So it came! The build quality isn't as good as my Poker 3 60% but it isn't bad, its light weight and the keycaps feel cheap. But the functionality in terms of space saving is exactly what I have been looking for. I was instantly in my comfort zone with this pad.

Also, I was unsure about the cherry MX black key switches, but in all honesty, I think I like them more for gaming. My strafing on Counter Strike is much much tighter, noticeably so. I can stop dead on a dime and my strafe shooting is much more accurate, again very noticeable to me. Also playing KZ mode (jump mod/kreeds/climb maps) my strafing and landing is much much cleaner than before, I don't know if the MX black switches bounce back quicker than the other keys or not, but at a guess, that's what I would put my money on.

I'd probably deck it would with some nicer key caps eventually, but that would be my one and only complaint as of right now! This is definitely a winner for me and something I would recommend to this forum especially the couch gamers out there. It's basically a half keyboard so it is familiar to your hand, there nothing to get used to, just plug it in and go, it also comes with some software to create macros too!

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:01 PM - 05/18/17 »
Are they regular-sized keycaps or custom?

Any on-board lighting?

Macro stuff sounds fun. Is it PC-only software?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:35 AM - 05/19/17 »
Are they regular-sized keycaps or custom?

Any on-board lighting?

Macro stuff sounds fun. Is it PC-only software?

Keycaps are regular sized to me, they fit MX switches so...

Lighting is ORANGE yes I can see how that could be a bad thing to many.
But I don't mind it and you can turn the lighting off.

Not 100% sure about the software, i think it could be profile based, but I could be wrong.

One thing I have just noticed, when I switch the PC off the leds on the top left-hand side of the the keypad seem to cycle through continually.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:01 PM - 05/23/17 »
I had some issues downloading the software for this keypad that has now been resolved. I am happy to report that this keypad has onboard macros. You can set all sorts of macros from jitter triggers to one key delay triggers, and save them to a file OR to onboard memory, of which you have up to 4 profiles that you can switch through with set macros keys. I mean I'm not really a macro guy so won't really be using anything like that, but I'm more than sure some of you here would love this.

I'm going to take some screenshots fo the User guide and Programable macros guide, and drop them into the OP so you can see if this would benefit you. Personally, as of now I have set a "\|" key to Enter and disabled the control key.

For me, this is perfect as I don't accidentally hit the control key mid-game in CSGO now randomly when reaching for key 1 (not something I do a lot but I do it enough for me to want that key disabled.) Also, I can now ctrl+c  ctrl+v FaceIt server IP's and hit the enter key on the keypad without having to reach for my other keyboard. which is a massive ++ in easy of use for me.

This thing is perfect.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
Re: Perfect Keypad For XIM users!? **UPDATED**
« Reply #9 on: 09:15 AM - 05/24/17 »
I need a palm rest like the ones used by the N52 or Orbweaver. 

I am currently using the Orbweaver... not sure what kind of keys it uses, but I am not a big fan of them.  They click way too loud, and the key-press depression depth is too deep.  My fingers keep occasionally catching another key while pressing down.

I think Orbweaver can do on-board macros as well, but I have not dabbled in it.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:52 PM - 05/24/17 »
I need a palm rest like the ones used by the N52 or Orbweaver. 

I am currently using the Orbweaver... not sure what kind of keys it uses, but I am not a big fan of them.  They click way too loud, and the key-press depression depth is too deep.  My fingers keep occasionally catching another key while pressing down.

I think Orbweaver can do on-board macros as well, but I have not dabbled in it.

For me, I just wanted a smaller keyboard a 60% wasn't enough, I love the regular layout of a keyboard so this pad made sense for me.

Offline Aspid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:39 AM - 05/25/17 »
Just ordered mine with red switches!

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:44 PM - 05/25/17 »
Just ordered mine with red switches!

Wuut? how? where? Not that I mind now because I think I like black more for FPS, I've tried blue red and brown..
Black cherry mx are definitely better for me.

Offline Aspid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:59 AM - 05/29/17 »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:47 AM - 05/29/17 »