XIM Community

Destiny 2  (Read 26539 times)

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #15 on: 05:08 PM - 07/18/17 »
Cancelled my pre-order after an hour ish on the Beta. They are basically selling Destiny 1 with new subclasses and storyline. Same FPS same look mechanics and even the lag is still there. Thanks but no thanks.

Not even the option to turn off AA. What a joke.

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:02 PM - 07/18/17 »
Cancelled my pre-order after an hour ish on the Beta. They are basically selling Destiny 1 with new subclasses and storyline. Same FPS same look mechanics and even the lag is still there. Thanks but no thanks.

Not even the option to turn off AA. What a joke.

I haven't played the beta and don't plan on buying the game myself but after watching the Twitch streams out there, I pretty much agree with you. It's essentially an expansion pack with all of the old problems that Destiny 1 had, lol.

30 fps and non-dedicated servers is a joke.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline lowrider82

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:21 AM - 07/19/17 »
Take it from me, Destiny is an addictive game, and when it gets it's hooks into you, you become blind to all the bull shiz that the game has, it's almost like you can't see it... luckily for me Battlefield 1 & Overwatch managed to retract the Destiny claws for me and I haven't played Destiny since, I went back to it and after 10 minutes I was like "How did I play this game so long, it's crap" .. looking back on it now, taking a step back, I wish I hadn't wasted so much of my time playing the game.

Honestly, it's all because the game runs like a PS3 game, it's just not smooth enough to play for me, it even hurts my eyes because it's so choppy compared to BF1 & Overwatch - and the lack of precision aiming and the super strong aim assist to counter the poor frames, it's just not fun - especially in PVP.

They're not even having dedicated servers in Destiny 2 for PVP, ludicrous ! D2 PVP is one, if not the worst lag fest experiences I've ever seen in a game. Especially when playing Trials of Osiris.

Completely agree with you. D1 was a below average game... And this kind of game at 30fps simply doesn't offer an acceptable experience. I bought a 1080ti recently and got d2 for free on pc. If I play it at all (and that will happen only it i see 8+/10 scores in reviews and not the 6/10 of the first one ) it will be on the pc. I still don't understand how it sold so much... I guess most people don't understand quality in the games

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #18 on: 01:37 AM - 07/19/17 »
So the look mechanics are exactly the same? Does the game feel any smoother when compared to d1? Is the sprint turn speed slow as before? Is aim assist still huge?

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Xyphonic
« Reply #19 on: 02:04 AM - 07/19/17 »
So the look mechanics are exactly the same? Does the game feel any smoother when compared to d1? Is the sprint turn speed slow as before? Is aim assist still huge?

Seems to be exactly the same to me but that's not a complaint. The gun play still feels just like Halo 3, which is great. Definitely use RML's curves and use his advanced Destiny config if you want to negate a lot of the slow sprint turn speed.
PS4 - XIM 4 - Logitech G700s - PS Nav - Astro A50 = wireless perfection

PM for PSN ID - Happy to play with you if you have a mic and PTFO. Include "XIM" in message or friend request please.

Offline xKowal86x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ninja_Rabbit_86
« Reply #20 on: 02:05 AM - 07/19/17 »
Play beta for few houers,locations looks nice,feel bit smoother,but all mechanics are same as D1,turning speed,sprint turn.
Is just same as D1.
Yes spend more then year playing D1,and after move to games like BO3,Bf4,R6S,Bf1 and now is realy hard to go back to 30fps.
Now pvp is 4 vs 4 but still have lag.In first game i day like 5 times with guy i kill.Not fun.
Also again feel like this game will be still have problem with weapons balance.
PvE can be fun sure but PvP i dont think so.
Also one thing realy piss me off.Why they dont pay actors and make in Destiny 2 guardian to talk.So annoyed when ghost talk to guardian and he just looks stupid didnt say nothing,Even in cinematic when you guardian should be say something,to make story more realistic.
Mouse: Zowie EC-1,Keyboard:Corsair K63,Headset: Astro A40TR,Monitor:Benq 2455,Router:Netduma R1

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:34 AM - 07/19/17 »
Play beta for few houers,locations looks nice,feel bit smoother,but all mechanics are same as D1,turning speed,sprint turn.
Is just same as D1.
Yes spend more then year playing D1,and after move to games like BO3,Bf4,R6S,Bf1 and now is realy hard to go back to 30fps.
Now pvp is 4 vs 4 but still have lag.In first game i day like 5 times with guy i kill.Not fun.
Also again feel like this game will be still have problem with weapons balance.
PvE can be fun sure but PvP i dont think so.
Also one thing realy piss me off.Why they dont pay actors and make in Destiny 2 guardian to talk.So annoyed when ghost talk to guardian and he just looks stupid didnt say nothing,Even in cinematic when you guardian should be say something,to make story more realistic.

Unfortunately if you have a good PC, Destiny 2 should be played on a PC. IMHO Bungie has hands down the worst aiming system in gaming. Halo is unplayable and Destiny requires a million Xim tweeks to get it halfway playable. Bungie had an outside team make their PC aiming system. You MIGHT see them bring that system over if enough people complain but that's MONTHS down the line if at all.

If you don't have a PC then fine, try to make it work but if you're like me and are deciding between the 2, Destiny/Ghost Ricon/Overwatch should really be played on PC (overwatch is getting better)

Offline Necrotype1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Necro_type1
« Reply #22 on: 11:18 AM - 07/19/17 »
Overall I was disappointed with how the XIM performed during engagements. It seemed like my reticle/crosshairs wouldn't quite stay on target sometimes and using handcannons seemed very clunky. When I first started playing the beta everything seemed fine.... and then I took a break and came back to totally different aiming and everyone teamshotting.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #23 on: 11:35 AM - 07/19/17 »
Its not much of an improvement / change to D1, imo.  Not certainly enough of a change to constitute starting all over with time, money, etc.

The D1 ST worked perfectly fine for me... felt exactly like D1.  Get rid of all those dumb curves, boost, etc and you'll be fine.

Personally?

The 30fps, slow turn speed, etc is going to make me go PC for this one.  Excited!

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
« Reply #24 on: 12:33 PM - 07/19/17 »
I thought aim assist felt a little stronger, on hand cannons anyway.  When I switched to a more aggressive ADS curve, thepr0's new hand cannon curve, I performed better.

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #25 on: 06:20 AM - 07/20/17 »
I have a BETA code but I don't think I'm even going to bother with it... If it's look mechanics, turn speeds etc are the same as Destiny 1 then I won't enjoy it. I can't physically go from Battlefield 1 & Overwatch which are smooth as hell, then back to Destiny which feels like your characters constantly walking in glue !

The aim assist is so strong too and the 30fps (stupidest decision I've ever seen in gaming for an AAA FPS title) just makes the game feel like a hassle to play.

Why can't this game run 60fps in the PVP mode? Is the PVP more complex than the likes of BF1?

Offline zanvog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: zanvog
« Reply #26 on: 07:18 AM - 07/20/17 »
It's true guardians... Same look mechanics .... Same problem with Sprint turns... I don't know if xim team can do anything with the destiny 2 release

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:40 AM - 07/20/17 »
Psst...Destiny 2 beta is free in Japan PSN store. No need to pre-order....shhh!

Destiny turn speed while wearing Dunemarchers or Frostees can be insanely quick when coupled with a Titan One / Two. I can chuck donuts around a small rock...seriously.

I'm downloading the beta now and will see how D2 behaves with Titan sensitivity mods.

Offline tuffrabit

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #28 on: 07:57 AM - 07/20/17 »
Guys are we playing the same beta? The look mechanic is not at all like D1. Walk up to a bit of static map geometry and try to draw a slow perfect circle with your reticle. You can't do it. That means the deadzone is not the same shape. Also, the max turn speed is dramatically faster. At around where I felt I was hitting the turn speed limit I was doing 180's in 2.5 to 3 inches. This explains why people are complaining about not being able to stay on target with the D1 translator. It's not really a great match for the D2 look mechanic.

Yes, it's 30FPS, but it doesn't drop frames and it looks great. I'd rather play a game at a steady 30 than play a game that struggles to hit 60 with constant dropped frames and more actually lives in the 40 - 45 FPS range. I realize that's just me, but I really don't think the 30FPS cap is as huge a deal as most people make it out to be.

Lets set the record straight here, D2 is not pure P2P. If you really want to know, go dig up Luke Smith's comments on it around the D2 reveal some weeks ago. No, we don't have a server browser and we are having to rely upon their matchmaking, but it's not a traditionally pure P2P system. That's besides the point that unless you have removed bufferbloat from your home network you have absolutely no business complaining about lag or netcode.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08:14 AM - 07/20/17 »
They can tell any story they want about their "hybrid peer to peer" but anyone that runs netstat/ss on their router (or has a Netduma R1) can clearly see their matchmaking algorithm is still pure trash -- it still matches Americas, EU, Asia and Africa together in the same lobbies.

This is why there are already many reports of "red bar gods", players "teleporting" and "bad hit detection" on Destiny subreddit.