XIM Community

Grifta x-input(xbox 360) mode not working at all  (Read 2101 times)

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• Solid C- Gamer
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: A BIG OL BULLY
Re: Grifta x-input(xbox 360) mode not working at all
« Reply #30 on: 06:23 PM - 06/07/17 »
Is there even a software for this? I have it but haven't touched it because it didn't come with instruction of some sort.
They claim on their website that the team here at Xim will "provide the Grifta with drivers and support on launch!"
So I guess Paul is expecting these guys to fix the issue. I'm not sure it can be fixed until we have software that even accesses the internal settings and from what it sounds like Grifta is kind of hoping Xim will do it? This is all piecing things together but the team at Grifta has been pretty quiet. Who sells a product and doesn't even have a forum to discuss it? I'm pretty sure my table cleaner has a forum.
« Last Edit: 09:05 PM - 06/07/17 by A Big Ol Bully »
X1X | XIM4 | FW: SA03 | Mon: Samsung SyncMaster Px2370 | Pad: Logitech G440 Hard | Cont: PS MoveNav(OW) & Grifta Solo(COD)| A: Astro A50 | M: LogitechG303 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000hz |

MY XIM4 Profiles

click below for Overbuff stats

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #31 on: 07:56 PM - 06/07/17 »
Is there even a software for this? I have it but haven't touched it because it didn't come with instruction of some sort.
They claim on their website that the team here at Xim will "provide the Grifta with drivers and support on launch!"
So I guess Paul is expecting these guys to fix the issue. I'm not sure it can be fixed until we have software that even accesses the internal settings and from what it sounds like Grifta is kind of hoping Xim will do it? This is all piecing things together but the team at Grifta has been pretty quiet. Who sells a product and doesn't even have a forum to discuess it? I'm pretty sure my table cleaner has a forum.

Well trigger fore sure doesn't work. Hoping they fond a fix.
« Last Edit: 08:02 PM - 06/07/17 by R3MiX »

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:11 AM - 06/08/17 »
Would like to here from OBSIV regarding this issue. Amazon has the Grifta for $35 and a bunch of us on discord jumped on this deal. Now we're SOL because of the issues that come with it, even after it was said to "Work with XIM4". Amazing device but I feel like it needs a firmware update or some kind of update either from their side or the xim4 side. I'm experiencing the same thing OP has expressed and also the analog stick is more of a 4 way directional stick instead of an actual analog joystick. Trigger button doesn't work and some buttons take a second to respond. Right now it's really bugged.

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• Solid C- Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09:29 AM - 06/08/17 »
Write reviews on Amazon and make review videos of the grifta on YouTube. That'll get the issue fixed quick!
X1X | XIM4 | FW: SA03 | Mon: Samsung SyncMaster Px2370 | Pad: Logitech G440 Hard | Cont: PS MoveNav(OW) & Grifta Solo(COD)| A: Astro A50 | M: LogitechG303 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000hz |

MY XIM4 Profiles

Offline cowgod77

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: cowgod77
« Reply #34 on: 10:05 AM - 06/08/17 »
I'm in the same boat. Picked up the Grifta on Amazon, and I love how it feels in my hand, but I'm struggling getting it working with XIM. It seems to work in the HID Keyboard mode (red LED), but the joystick is clearly acting as a purely 4-way switch. This is most apparent in the menus, where you can only move the cursor in straight lines or diagonally at a 45 degree angle. I've gone back to the PS Nav for now, but I prefer the feel of the Grifta, so I hope the issue can be sorted out so it works properly in the modes that enable the analog joystick.

Offline A Big Ol Bully

• Solid C- Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:11 AM - 06/08/17 »
Yeah I went back to the PS move for Overwatch, actually ordered a replacement cause I have cut off the top of my stick from usage by the 2 plastics rubbing, has anyone else done that yet?

I do use the grift on Call of Duty in keyboard mode because the finite movements aren't as necessary however I really wish I could use the d-pad as intended. Such a disappointment after 2 years. Holding out hope.

I convinced four friends to buy it as well and three of them are now on Craigslist. That has to be terrible for the grifta brand. I'm a real estate agent and as a business owner I can tell you the image of your brand is about 95% of its value.

MY XIM4 Profiles

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:26 AM - 06/09/17 »
Nothing? Really?

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07:05 AM - 06/10/17 »
@OBSIV can we please get an update for this?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #38 on: 09:42 AM - 06/10/17 »
Sorry everyone, all the feedback we got during development (i.e. "its working") was with it in keyboard mode. If the stick isn't working correctly as a DirectInput device that means we are going to have to actually write a custom driver for it which isn't a trivial thing to do. We have a lot of very high priority things on our plate right now so this isn't going to be a quick thing.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06:46 AM - 06/11/17 »
Sorry everyone, all the feedback we got during development (i.e. "its working") was with it in keyboard mode. If the stick isn't working correctly as a DirectInput device that means we are going to have to actually write a custom driver for it which isn't a trivial thing to do. We have a lot of very high priority things on our plate right now so this isn't going to be a quick thing.

Bummer, looks like I'll be returning the grifta.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #40 on: 10:55 PM - 06/20/17 »
For any one suffering the range/disconnection issue similar to mine, I received a reply from Paul:
the good news is its probably not the dongle it most likely the battery which is not a problem because you can attach new unit without soldering

i got a blinking grifta back yesterday and found out the onboard power management sleep function is very sensitive to battery quality

so i will send a new battery and a spare dongle out in one week when i get a batch of batteries from china

I also asked him about the dinput issue, but he did not address it in his reply unfortunately.

In follow up to my range issue, Paul mailed me a new battery and dongle and the Grifta is now fully functional (3 and 1/2 months after purchasing it).

I once again mentioned the DInput issue to him, but I only just sent him an email, so will update if I hear back about it.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11:01 PM - 06/20/17 »

Just to clarify, the stick works in in DInput mode, it's the trigger that isn't working. In an FPS game, pulling the trigger causes the screen to look down, as though you are pulling down on the right analogue stick and you are not able to map it in the Xim manager.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 09:56 AM - 06/21/17 »
Does the trigger work correctly in Windows when viewing it in the game controller control panel while in DInput mode?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07:49 PM - 06/21/17 »
Does the trigger work correctly in Windows when viewing it in the game controller control panel while in DInput mode?

Last time I tried it in windows it was registering as z-axis movement rather than a button press. That was a couple months ago, so I'll give it another go when I'm home next and report back.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:34 PM - 06/21/17 »

Following is a link to a couple pictures of WIndows Gamepad properties, before and during pulling the trigger. http://imgur.com/a/p2hO5