XIM Community

Xim Edge loses connection with m/nav  (Read 357 times)

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xim Edge loses connection with m/nav
« on: 04:54 AM - 04/03/17 »
My Edge has been going long & strong for very long now.

Recently while playing BF1 on my PS4 Pro my Mouse and or my Sony Nav will lose connection to my Edge.

What'll happen is I'm running about the map in conquest and my soldier will start running in circles, or just forward, or just look up into the sky or down into the ground lol.

My fix is to unplug my Edge then replug it into my console then let the edge cycle thru till it powers up properly. Then I hit the PS button on my connected DS4 (original PS4 DS4 not my Pro version) and everything works again.

It happens multiple times every conquest match and is annoying. It used to happen infrequently in the past (very rarely) and people told me I needed a powered USB multiple port to go thru so my wired mouse and Sony nav wouldn't draw so much from the Edge. I have that.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Edge loses connection with m/nav
« Reply #1 on: 10:34 AM - 04/03/17 »
Its usually power or an attached device/cable but to know what it is you will need to troubleshoot.

You could start by fully charging the controller and nav with Edge disconnected. If this doesn't help then you could replace the nav or controller cable. If this doesn't help you could try using alternating between using a keyboard and your current mouse, then using the nav and a different mouse. By the end of these tests you will know what is causing the issue.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Edge loses connection with m/nav
« Reply #2 on: 03:22 PM - 04/03/17 »
Its usually power or an attached device/cable but to know what it is you will need to troubleshoot.

You could start by fully charging the controller and nav with Edge disconnected. If this doesn't help then you could replace the nav or controller cable. If this doesn't help you could try using alternating between using a keyboard and your current mouse, then using the nav and a different mouse. By the end of these tests you will know what is causing the issue.
Solid troubleshooting advice.

I will go through all these steps, thanks.

Edit: Looks like it's my mouse (G9x). I had a Logitech G400 never opened in storage as a backup for this dreaded day.

Turns out the G400 feels nicer than my G9x.
« Last Edit: 03:36 AM - 04/05/17 by Boltman »
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559