XIM Community

Destiny 2 on PC & Consoles w/XIM!  (Read 8217 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for Destiny 2!?
« Reply #75 on: 09:57 AM - 05/19/17 »
30fps for me too was a big let down, though I did just read a PC gamer article/interview with one of the devs where he said console would still be 30fps?

(and I see vtax already quoted it here, that's what I get for replying after only reading the first page of the thread.)

Regardless this is a PC purchase for me, if you can carry over characters between platforms even if it's only your D2 characters then I'd probably get it on console too.

But PC will be my first port of call on this one. I really enjoyed the first one, the only thing I wanted at that point was match making for raids, aside from that I was happy. Good to know they have a fix for this.

Oh and I hope they address the slowed aim while sprinting on PC as its a bit of a joke tbh.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 03:14 PM - 05/19/17 »
30 FPS...4 v 4 MP... :o

Nice job pushing this to PC lunkheads. I'll wait for the bargain bin before picking it up console.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #77 on: 03:26 PM - 05/19/17 »
4 v 4 multiplayer is very much a step in the right direction for Destiny. There's a reason competitive tournaments in Destiny have been 4 v 4. For the play style and mechanics of Destiny, teams of 4 are just the right balance of skill and chaos. I'm actually really excited they followed the community's lead on that.
Xbox One / PC
XIM 4 / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #78 on: 09:07 PM - 05/19/17 »
Coming from someone that has played D1 since the alpha...I'm quite disappointed in the FPS restriction and lack of dedicated servers.

I'm pretty sure they'll lose out on longevity without dedicated servers, especially from the PC side.  I'm going to have to listen in on Summit today and see if he talks about it. Curious at his thoughts on it.

I've read the choice to do 4v4 across the entire Crucible was partly to help with lag, especially since it heavily plagued the original. I'll miss my 6v6, but if it helps with the often 5+ second lag I'm all in. Quite a bummer indeed no dedicated servers. :/ And 30 fps restriction is truly huge a missed opportunity. If a PS4 Pro can handle 4k @ 30, then it should easily be able to handle 1080 @ 60. It's hilarious how many people are pissed at Bungie right now about the 30 fps deal. All over the internet people are complaining, as they probably should  ::)

Maybe, just maybe, Bungie will offer a 60 fps option in the future since a large portion of console players and media outlets are reacting negatively to the 30. Similarly how they added leg armor to remove slow turn speed, only much more complicated of course. We could very well see exotic gauntlets that boost your fps.  :P

30fps for me too was a big let down, though I did just read a PC gamer article/interview with one of the devs where he said console would still be 30fps?

(and I see vtax already quoted it here, that's what I get for replying after only reading the first page of the thread.)

Regardless this is a PC purchase for me, if you can carry over characters between platforms even if it's only your D2 characters then I'd probably get it on console too.

But PC will be my first port of call on this one. I really enjoyed the first one, the only thing I wanted at that point was match making for raids, aside from that I was happy. Good to know they have a fix for this.

Oh and I hope they address the slowed aim while sprinting on PC as its a bit of a joke tbh.

Did you see the PC footage I recently linked? It's not actual gameplay capture, but you can see a dude playing in the background. Bungie is only allowing PS4 gameplay to be uploaded by attendees, which really stinks. I guess they don't want to show the general public the PC variant yet. But check it out! It looks beautiful. And NO slow turn speed. ;) The PC version looks to be the version of Destiny to play. It's a true PC shooter, and not a rework of their existing console aiming mechanics! Bungie had to completely redesign how the game feels on PC, and brought in expert 3rd party help. It's funny how many people at the recent event actually ditched consoles after trying Destiny on PC. The 60fps made a huge difference. It was almost unanimous that Destiny felt and played light years better on PC.. It don't think I've ever heard "buttery smooth" so many times from so many people. I just have to ask myself over and over why Bungie couldn't have just found a way to make consoles 60 fps. It boggles my mind.. Such a huge letdown for all the console players out there, and a huge opportunity missed in console competitive play. :-\

I'm really really hoping Bungie adds cross platform saving. Especially now that the PC version could arrive months after the consoles, there's a huge cry form the Destiny community for character transfer options. Bungie "hears us" and think it's "a very interesting idea." Hopefully that means they'll take a serious look into making it available. I'll be playing on the PS4 with my trusty XIM until the PC version launches, and most likely switch even if it means losing all my progress. It would be a shame to hit max level with a vault full of gear only to have that progress thrown away.

30 FPS...4 v 4 MP... :o

Nice job pushing this to PC lunkheads. I'll wait for the bargain bin before picking it up console.

Misread that at first lol. The 30 fps is indeed very disappointing for console players : (

4 v 4 multiplayer is very much a step in the right direction for Destiny. There's a reason competitive tournaments in Destiny have been 4 v 4. For the play style and mechanics of Destiny, teams of 4 are just the right balance of skill and chaos. I'm actually really excited they followed the community's lead on that.

This will be interesting. I personally loved 6v6. The more people to shoot, the better. But I understand 4v4 is more widely accepted as that perfect number in a competitive shooter like Destiny. And they say it could also help with lag.
« Last Edit: 05:49 PM - 05/20/17 by Vatx »
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / SteelSeries Prism
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Sennheiser GSX-1200 / S.M.S.L Tube amp / Blue Yeti
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 07:23 AM - 05/20/17 »
Did you seen the PC footage I recently linked? It's not actual gameplay capture, but you can see a dude playing in the background. Bungie is only allowing PS4 gameplay to be uploaded by attendees, which really stinks. I guess they don't want to show the general public the PC variant yet. But check it out! It looks beautiful. And NO slow turn speed. ;) The PC version looks to be the version of Destiny to play. It's a true PC shooter, and not a rework of their existing console aiming mechanics! Bungie had to completely redesign how the game feels on PC, and brought in expert 3rd party help. It's funny how many people at the recent event actually ditched consoles after trying Destiny on PC. The 60fps made a huge difference. It was almost unanimous that Destiny felt and played light years better on PC.. It don't think I've ever heard "buttery smooth" so many times from so many people. I just have to ask myself over and over why Bungie couldn't have just found a way to make consoles 60 fps. It boggles my mind.. Such a huge letdown for all the console player's out there, and a huge opportunity missed in console competitive play. :-\

I'm really really hoping Bungie adds cross-platform saving. Especially now that the PC version could arrive months after the consoles, there's a huge cry from the Destiny community for character transfer options. Bungie "hears us" and think it's "a very interesting idea." Hopefully, that means they'll take a serious look into making it available. I'll be playing on the PS4 with my trusty XIM until the PC version launches, and most likely switch even if it means losing all my progress. It would be a shame to hit max level with a vault full of gear only to have that progress thrown away.

Yup, At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, if an FPS game with good all-round support is available on PC, that would always be my first choice. For games like COD where you can get on both console and PC, but with PC only having Console features I don't see the point in a PC purchase. Especially since it's a game that would be traded in pretty soon after purchase.

For something like D2 on PC, I'm Hyped! :D
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 01:41 PM - 05/20/17 »
I've read the choice to do 4v4 across the entire Crucible was partly to help with lag, especially since it heavily plagued the original. I'll miss my 6v6, but if it helps with the often 5+ second lag I'm all in. Quite a bummer indeed no dedicated servers. :/ And 30 fps restriction is truly huge a missed opportunity. If a PS4 Pro can handle 4k @ 30, then it should easily be able to handle 1080 @ 60. It's hilarious how many people are pissed at Bungie right now about the 30 fps deal. All over the internet people are complaining, as they probably should  ::)

Maybe, just maybe, Bungie will offer a 60 fps option in the future since a large portion of console players and media outlets are reacting negatively to the 30. Similarly how they added leg armor to remove slow turn speed, only much more complicated of course. We could very well see exotic gauntlets that boost your fps.  :P

I remember the netcode for Destiny being pretty good before TTK launched. It was only when TTK came out that I started seeing both, really bad lag, and really bad lag comp.

Also, what's this leg armor you keep mentioning that increased turn speed. I might reinstall Destiny and would like to check this out.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 05:54 PM - 05/20/17 »
Did you play year one Destiny? I think that's when lag was at its worst. There were literally 10 second lag moments. It was awful at times. I think over the past couple years lag has improved quite a lot.

I made a thread about the exotics which remove slow turn speed. I think they are a must for XIM users. The game feels a LOT more natural.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49161.0
« Last Edit: 09:09 AM - 05/22/17 by Vatx »
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Supernatural X

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09:29 PM - 05/21/17 »

I remember the netcode for Destiny being pretty good before TTK launched. It was only when TTK came out that I started seeing both, really bad lag, and really bad lag comp.

Also, what's this leg armor you keep mentioning that increased turn speed. I might reinstall Destiny and would like to check this out.

The Hunter has exotic boots called Frost-E55
The Titan has exotic boots called Dunemarchers
Both change the turn speed and make Destiny feel infinitely better with Xim, sucks you have to use them to make destiny playable imo.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 04:47 PM - 05/23/17 »

For competitive, sure go with 4v4. But that shouldn't preclude 6v6 or even 8v8 modes for pub-stomping. More heads to pop is never a bad thing and things can quickly skew one way or another the less players you have in a match. The same is true of coordinated 6v6 or 8v8, but how often does that happen? Those modes are more forgiving of bad players and allow the good ones to compensate by shooting more targets.

This is 2017, we shouldn't be stripping features from games based on the needs of the few and they should be targeting the full capabilities of the PS4 and XB1 now that PS3 and 360 are behind us. The reality is Bungie is dumbing things down to make D2 cheaper to develop and support, not to make it a better game for the players.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #84 on: 09:02 AM - 05/24/17 »
Completely, wholeheartedly, emphatically disagree with you. Going to 4v4 isn't stripping a feature. It's balancing the number of players for how the Crucible plays. Destiny is going to be better off with fewer players per round.
Xbox One / PC
XIM 4 / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11:11 PM - 05/26/17 »
I'm okay with the 4v4, but I hope they eventually add modes with more players. I'd even like to see 12v12 on large maps.

I never really played 3v3 on D1 unless I had to. Not enough going on imo, and games felt slow. I enjoy some chaos in PvP. But I was also one of those who had a blast in Mayhem, a mode many players disliked.

But, Bungie says they have redesigned PvP to fit 4v4 very nicely, and the PvP footage looks like a lot of fun so far. Almost everyone who got to play at last week love the game. Some are even having D2 withdraws lol.

In other news, Bungie claims to have improved the server experience over D1 by "unique" means.

Bungie might have also hinted at a beta date (7/17/17).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7Q0QTTNS40&amp;hd=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M7Q0QTTNS40&amp;hd=1</a>
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 01:20 PM - 06/11/17 »
E3! Prepare for incoming glorious 60fps 4k Destiny 2 video capture  ;D
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 01:49 PM - 06/11/17 »
I dled Destiny last week to see what it would be like with boost mode. I noticed that the netcode has been much improved. Even in lobbies full of yellow and red bars it plays well. Currently the featured playlist is combined arms and I like that mode the most.

After seeing Battlefront 2, however, it's kind of embarrassing that Destiny 2 still looks the same and still runs at 30. Hopefully, Microsoft pushes them to make it 60 on the Scorpio to show off its power but that's just a wild dream.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 09:12 PM - 06/11/17 »
It's sad to say that boost mode makes absolutely no difference.

Totally agree on the net code. Much improved over year 1!

I would love to see 60 on Scorpio! But that probably wont happen  :(
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline xKowal86x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ninja_Rabbit_86
« Reply #89 on: 12:25 PM - 06/12/17 »
Love Destiny 1 until taken king when month after I stop play.
Sure I buy destiny 2 but don't believe in much improvement.
30fps for console is not really good for fps plus it's still not be dedicated servers so we still be have problem with legs.
Sad bungie make game again for cash not fans.They charge for game and dlc so ok 30fps don't good but can live with that,but is fps and they don't make dedicated servers is just shooting in own foot
Mouse: Zowie EC-1,Keyboard:Corsair K63,Headset: Astro A40TR,Monitor:Benq 2455,Router:Netduma R1