XIM Community

Who's excited for Destiny 2!?  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • PS4 > Xbox One
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for Destiny 2!?!?
« Reply #15 on: 11:05 AM - 03/31/17 »
for those that might be interested in it, details to the Collerctors Edition and the Limited Edition
LE seems to be GameStop exclusive which also comes with a Cayde-6 figure

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356684
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: 20160624-STEADYAIM1 | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie P-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Vatxx
  • PSN ID: A-t-m-o-s
« Reply #16 on: 12:43 PM - 03/31/17 »
This will probably be a PC only buy for me, unless my character from PC carries over to XBOX.

Yeah, I'm really hoping the same thing, but with PS4.

I'm more excited for Borderlands 3 to be honest. I'll give the beta a try but I'm not really holding out hope considering how much Destiny went downhill after TTK and the troubled development of this one.

The troubled development of D2? What did you hear?

A lot of people would argue that TTK update made some of the biggest improvements to Destiny. Overall Bungie knows there's a lot of things that need improving in Destiny. This is why they decided to make an entirely new game. Bungie wants a fresh start. I'm sure they learned a lot over the past 3 years, and plan to bring across-the-board improvements. Bungie is specifically working on making sure the story and cinematics are better than D1. We also know there will be much more character customization, another major gripe with D1. I'm hoping they also improve the economy, and how we store our weapons. I don't know about you, but my vault is a complete mess. And dedicated servers!

I liked the game but did not love it.  Single player had a lackluster story.  I hated the pvp.   So, I primarily played with my two brothers in the various strike missions.  Decent game play though.

I was deeply disappointed that the raids could not be played with just 3 people.  Or at the very least, that there was not some kind of basic matchmaking to get into a raid with other public players.

Single player became deadly boring for me. I'm a 95/5 guy in Destiny. 95% PvP, 5% PvE. Seeing as PvP was archaic by shooter standards in D1 (30fps, 10Hz tick rate), I'm hugely looking forward to the PvP in D2. We will surly see much higher frame rates, and probably at least a 30 or 45 Hz tick rate. This will instantly give D2 a muuuuch better PvP experience.

That's a tough one with raid matchmaking. This has been one of the biggest requests since the launch of D1, And I'm sure Bungie would love to add it. But the truth is raids are hard as #$%@. It can take hours for even experiences players to get through. Imagine if you and your friends were serious raiders then get matched up with some randoms that don't pull their weight, or even expect you to pull them through (which happens all the time in strikes). It would probably make you beyond furious. This puts Bungie in a very difficult situation. They could theoretically lower the number of enemies, or make the enemy AI's dumber based on skill level and or # of players in the raid (assuming you could raid with 3 people), but that would be killing the integrity of their raids. Raids are supposed to be the hardest, toughest end-game activities Destiny has to offer, and requires excellent communication between each of the players. I too would like to see raid matchmaking, but I don't know how they would do it without compromising the raids.

for those that might be interested in it, details to the Collerctors Edition and the Limited Edition
LE seems to be GameStop exclusive which also comes with a Cayde-6 figure

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1356684

Thanks for adding this! That collectors edition looks freaking awesome. It will be tempting for sure.
PS4 / PC
XIM4 / Logitech G502, G900, G910 / Corsair mm800 POLARIS
Beyerdynamic DT-990 250ohm / Mix Amp Pro / FiiO E10 amp / ModMic 5.0
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

^ When playing FPS with XIM

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08:50 PM - 03/31/17 »
I'm more excited for Borderlands 3 to be honest. I'll give the beta a try but I'm not really holding out hope considering how much Destiny went downhill after TTK and the troubled development of this one.

A lot of people would argue that TTK update made some of the biggest improvements to Destiny. Overall Bungie knows there's a lot of things that need improving in Destiny. This is why they decided to make an entirely new game. Bungie wants a fresh start. I'm sure they learned a lot over the past 3 years, and plan to bring across-the-board improvements. Bungie is specifically working on making sure the story and cinematics are better than D1. We also know there will be much more character customization, another major gripe with D1. I'm hoping they also improve the economy, and how we store our weapons. I don't know about you, but my vault is a complete mess. And dedicated servers!

There were some articles a while back about staff reorganization and the game being rebooted shortly before the .

Personally, I thought TTK made the grind way worse. Yeah, there were more ways to obtain weapons and funds. Yeah, they added more slots to store quests. The problem was that they made it so you had to grind the quests for a week just to max out one weapon to see if it was worth it at its full potential. Whereas before TTK you could max out a weapon with that day's quests.

In the crucible they completely screwed up balancing with the ridiculous hammer bro and Raiden which took way too long to fix. And when they were getting close to fixing that they decided to botch the netcode and matchmaking. On top of that TTK was artistically a huge step down from vanilla Destiny. The taken were just color swaps that weren't as fun to headshot, the weapons looked like crap, and the dreadnaught was an ugly environment to explore.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ant1th3s1s
  • PSN ID: ant1th3s1s
« Reply #18 on: 01:29 AM - 04/01/17 »
Destiny was a great game...for about the last 2 weeks of Y1 when I finally snagged my Thorn and Hawkmoon. The grind did improve somewhat over time, but it was reintroduced with every expansion while simultaneously rendering all previous grind completely obsolete by nerfing ALL gear into the ground  >:(

I sunk a lot of time into Destiny PvE and PvP, but the grind was not worth the return on investment, so I stopped playing for 6 months at a time several times in the hope that a patch would address the issues. In return, Bungie did a bang-up job of fcuking it up and dumbing it down to the lowest possible denominator by removing all rewards from the core focus of the game - getting wicked loot.

As far as the production schedule goes, Bungie's behind - D2 was supposed to launch last year. D2 isn't being made because they're trying to improve the core experience, it's being made because they're contractually & financially beholden to Activision's purse-strings for three games, each with multiple expansions, over the course of a decade.

If we know one thing about Activision, it's they're profit-focused. The second Destiny starts to look unprofitable is the second they'll dump it. In the meantime, Destiny is crack for gamers by creating a huge time-sink with RNG that offers no reward for effort. That's a huge problem I'm not sure I can overcome second time around.

In the end, there are too many other good games to play to force me to commit a stupid amount of time into just one, so I'll sit this one out until D2 and all expansions are bundled together a year before the "surprising" announcement of D3 and how none of the gear will transfer across....again.
« Last Edit: 01:38 AM - 04/01/17 by antithesis »

ant1th3s1s on PSN | XBL | Steam | WII U | 3DS | iOS

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:05 PM - 04/02/17 »

There were some articles a while back about staff reorganization and the game being rebooted shortly before the .

Personally, I thought TTK made the grind way worse. Yeah, there were more ways to obtain weapons and funds. Yeah, they added more slots to store quests. The problem was that they made it so you had to grind the quests for a week just to max out one weapon to see if it was worth it at its full potential. Whereas before TTK you could max out a weapon with that day's quests.

In the crucible they completely screwed up balancing with the ridiculous hammer bro and Raiden which took way too long to fix. And when they were getting close to fixing that they decided to botch the netcode and matchmaking. On top of that TTK was artistically a huge step down from vanilla Destiny. The taken were just color swaps that weren't as fun to headshot, the weapons looked like crap, and the dreadnaught was an ugly environment to explore.

I remember that was the case with Destiny 1, but haven't heard that for Destiny 2

Destiny was a great game...for about the last 2 weeks of Y1 when I finally snagged my Thorn and Hawkmoon. The grind did improve somewhat over time, but it was reintroduced with every expansion while simultaneously rendering all previous grind completely obsolete by nerfing ALL gear into the ground  >:(

I sunk a lot of time into Destiny PvE and PvP, but the grind was not worth the return on investment, so I stopped playing for 6 months at a time several times in the hope that a patch would address the issues. In return, Bungie did a bang-up job of fcuking it up and dumbing it down to the lowest possible denominator by removing all rewards from the core focus of the game - getting wicked loot.

As far as the production schedule goes, Bungie's behind - D2 was supposed to launch last year. D2 isn't being made because they're trying to improve the core experience, it's being made because they're contractually & financially beholden to Activision's purse-strings for three games, each with multiple expansions, over the course of a decade.

If we know one thing about Activision, it's they're profit-focused. The second Destiny starts to look unprofitable is the second they'll dump it. In the meantime, Destiny is crack for gamers by creating a huge time-sink with RNG that offers no reward for effort. That's a huge problem I'm not sure I can overcome second time around.

In the end, there are too many other good games to play to force me to commit a stupid amount of time into just one, so I'll sit this one out until D2 and all expansions are bundled together a year before the "surprising" announcement of D3 and how none of the gear will transfer across....again.

Yeah, the grind really annoyed a lot of people. Too much time.

I can't blame Activision for focusing on the bottom dollar. But dang it's a major pain.

Lol. I do look forward to how they'll explain all the gear disappearing again
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #20 on: 10:05 AM - 04/05/17 »
I will most likely get it.

I play a LOT of warframe...like...a LOT...I have every prime in the game on xbox...Then again grindy games dont bother me..I am an old school EQ1 player so if you have played that...no grinding compares.

Killing hordes of enemies and just slaying stuff is kinda my thing...Raids and PVP are decent..its good at what games are meant for...killing time.

So if detiny is similar...I may dig it.

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:32 PM - 04/06/17 »
I'm kinda like you. Most of my time usually goes to one game, so I don't mind the grind as much as others do. I don't play a whole lot of different games. Just stick to my favorites. Currently 90% of my game time is dedicated to BF1, but once Destiny drops it will surly take up 99% x)

Has anyone got their beta code yet?

I preordered at Gamestop and missed out on the Cayde figure :/ Apparently they weren't kidding when they said "supply is extremely limited"

They had one sitting on the counter though. It looked pretty sweet!

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:03 AM - 04/14/17 »
One long month to go before the Destiny 2 game reveal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/okQ9JZxkscg&amp;hd=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/okQ9JZxkscg&amp;hd=1</a>

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for Destiny 2!?
« Reply #23 on: 10:03 PM - 04/14/17 »
A commercial that's actually fun to watch!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xSJQP_klQYY&amp;hd=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xSJQP_klQYY&amp;hd=1</a>

Did you catch the part with a Destiny Sparrow?
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:12 PM - 04/14/17 »
It's also neat to hear Phil Spencer is a huge Destiny fan. He compares Destiny 2 to WoW, and expects it to span console generations.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VubUQTVknYI&amp;hd=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VubUQTVknYI&amp;hd=1</a>

PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline Blakkpatron

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Blakkpatron
  • PSN ID: Blakkpatron
« Reply #25 on: 04:21 PM - 04/19/17 »
Destiny one had me buying both a ps4 and a xbox one, heck I bought the xim4 purely to play Destiny, so @#$% ye I'm excited for Destiny 2.
Destiny finally taking the step onto pc is the best gaming news all year.
this game with higher fov, unlocked framerate and native mouse&keyboard support :o

Offline Vatx

• MVP
  • Live and let die
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:17 AM - 04/20/17 »
this game with higher fov, unlocked framerate and native mouse&keyboard support :o

Yes! It's going to be beautiful ;D

We'll need to play together!
PS4 / PC
27" QHD BenQ ZOWIE

Offline omega4

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10:57 AM - 04/21/17 »
Yes, I'll buy Destiny 2... about 1 or 2 years after it's release date. By then,  it'll come with all the DLC for a super low price.
My XIM4 allows me to play against other gamers like....

Offline Supernatural X

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:04 PM - 04/27/17 »
I'm very excited for Destiny 2, I had almost 100 days playtime on Destiny 1 and used to sweat on trials, that was with a controller so hopefully i'll be crazy good with XIM. They need to fix the netcode, frames etc though. I mainly played PvP on Destiny 1 and the amount of stupid trades and lag advantages in that game is ridiculous.

Offline tuffrabit

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #29 on: 07:15 AM - 04/28/17 »
Destiny one had me buying both a ps4 and a xbox one, heck I bought the xim4 purely to play Destiny, so @#$% ye I'm excited for Destiny 2.

And a bunch of hackers

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0