XIM Community

Turnkeys / Turn Assist  (Read 413 times)

Offline tintheton

• View Profile
Turnkeys / Turn Assist
« on: 11:10 PM - 02/27/17 »
Issue: Whenever I activate my turn assist/turn keys it is based on an input of 20/20 in-game sensitivity, rather than the xim4 input of a more moderate sensitivity.  I figured this is how it is intentionally designed to work.

Objective: Have a slower turn key/turn assist sensitivity than 20/20 when using turn assist or turn keys.

I've attempted lowering in-games sensitivity to 10/10 and doubling xim4 sensitivity x2 but it doesn't provide the same aiming accuracy/feel as XIM requires in-game sensitivity to be maxed.

Im hoping someone can provide me a work-around option. Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Turnkeys / Turn Assist
« Reply #1 on: 09:47 AM - 02/28/17 »
Welcome to the community. Are you saying that using the turn keys outputs a lower turn speed than if you were to swipe your mouse? This feature will peg the analog stick in the direction of the key assignment. What game is this happening in and does this occur in other games?

Note that the turn assist feature can have a variable turn speed. Turning speed will depend on the speed of your last mouse movement and direction. It's possible to for turn assist to turn slower than max turn speed.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline tintheton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:45 PM - 03/29/17 »
Hello mist4fun, I appreciate your prompt response and apologize for mine! Thanks for the welcoming into the community.  Essentially what I was trying to mention was that the turn key buttons for vehicles/torrents it moves too fast.  Not too slow as you asked. :) It appears to be for all games, I only play FPS. I want to spin, but not on max sensitivity as it is derived  from ingame sensitivity.  It is was faster than a mouse swipe. With regards to the turn assist, this is a better option currently but It is inconsistent depending on how fast I swipe.  It would be great to create a max speed limitation for turn key assist or have a max speed or consistent turn assist variable we can set. 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:55 PM - 03/29/17 »
ah ok. Yes, turn keys aren't adjustable but I can move your suggestion to feedback.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos