XIM Community

G500s Mouse button Xim Edge  (Read 435 times)

Offline Arceye

• View Profile
G500s Mouse button Xim Edge
« on: 01:21 PM - 03/15/17 »
I have both XimEdge for use on xbox 360 and Xim4 for use with XBone
( the problem is with the Edge only )

I am unable to confirm if the problem could be the console because as far as I am aware ( I have not actually tried ) the Edge doesn't work on the XBone.

Looking for advice with Xim Edge.
XIMEdge Manager20151121
XIM OS: 2.00.20140413

Sorry in advance for long post, but I have to explain what I have tried already to resolve this issue.

Problem:

Middle ( Side Buttons)  will not assign in to anything so is unusable in game.
In the Logitech software it is unassigned / default.

Scenarios I have tried:

I have assigned it a letter ( for example 'K' as I want to use it for Knife ) and committed it to the mouse onboard memory.
If I open notepad on the PC and hit the button it types the letter K , If I plug the mouse into another PC which is not running the logitech software and do the same it will type the letter K, so the assigment is 100% correct.

Now I open the xim edge software  XimEdge Manager 20151121 I go to assign the key, hit the Detect , then the button and of course it accepts it and a K is showing.

Start a game hit the button and the mouse stops working completely and requires unplugging before it will resume working, hit the button again.. same thing every time.
I have tried this with every button except the main mouse buttons ( they are not assignable ) and if any button is assigned a function other than its default it will cause the mouse to stop working in game and require unplugging.
By unplugging I only mean the mouse form the ximedge the ximedge remains plugged in to the console.

Next I tried doing the assign in game using the ( start Back and Xbox buttons ) this again will lock the mouse completely whenever I try to use any button which is assigned to something it shouldn't be.

My Conclusion:
I know this isn't a problem with what I am doing, as I also have a xim4 which this works perfectly with, I even have assigned button sequences which work without fault on the xim4.

An example of what I have set up on the xim4 would be for drop shotting where I have the sequence go to prone, ads, shoot then run ( works nice and pisses people off no end :-)  )

I know I can use the xim4 on the XB360 but it's more convenient to have the edge in the 360 and the xim4 in the XBOne all the time.

I do have another question unrelated to this problem.

Can I set up a game using the Xim4 for the convenience of the Bluetooth then once I have it dialled in, use the same sensitivity numbers on the Xim Edge ? ( are they the same between the different adapters ? )

Thanks in Advance

Andy

Is this something that requires some firmware update I may have missed. I know I have read a similar post about it but that was with the Xim4 in its early days which as my Xim4 works it must have been fixed.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: G500s Mouse button Xim Edge
« Reply #1 on: 02:39 PM - 03/15/17 »
The mouse may not be compatible with Edge. XIM4 has had more hardware compatibility improvements and supports more current devices as XIM4 itself is a newer device.

To answer your other question, yes, assuming you chose the 360 version of the ST on XIM4 and didn't use any of XIM4's advanced settings.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Arceye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:21 PM - 03/16/17 »
Thanks for the reply,

I guess it is a compatibility problem, although the G500s is on the compatible list for the edge and I am sure ( Not 100% sure though )  Obsiv was using the G500s in some of the early  video's he did showing how the xim performs.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:01 PM - 03/16/17 »
It's possible, I don't recall honestly. Did you try assigning those buttons to keyboard keys? This can be necessary for buttons on some mice. I recommend assigning them to keys that you wouldn't normally use such as [ and ].
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Arceye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:22 PM - 03/17/17 »
Thanks for the reply again.

Yes I had done that as explained in original post.

At this point I am kind of hoping obsiv will jump in an tell me it works or doesn't.