XIM Community

unable to find usb transfer cable  (Read 568 times)

Offline literacola18

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: literacola18
unable to find usb transfer cable
« on: 05:36 PM - 03/06/17 »
has anyone found a way to get sc to work consistently? i feel that every time i go to use it i have to change around my entire set-up for an hour to get it to work. after which i play then the next time i go to use it usually a week to 2 weeks, i turn everything on and have to change around my entire setup for an hour to get it to work again which usually includes...

unplugging the cable from both ends
reversing the cable
trying different usb ports
reinstalling xim manager
reinstalling xim firmware
reinstalling sc
trying different versions of sc
turning off anti-virus and firewalls
hard restarting xbox
shutting down pc and restarting
disabling and re-enabling from device manager
uninstalling from device manager

i may have missed a couple but thats most of it and something different works eventually

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093HCIQ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

that is the transfer cable i am using, i am running windows 10 its an original xbox1 controller with the battery removed

when everything works it works great, its just getting to that point that gets frustrating

hopefully somebody can enlighten me with something foolproof,

thanks in advance

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: unable to find usb transfer cable
« Reply #1 on: 11:42 AM - 03/08/17 »
hey,

this sounds like windows is using the wrong driver for the cable, this can happen once in a while when a device is used that wasnt primarily designed for windows10
go into the device manager and manually change the driver, though often windows auto-reloads a different driver uppon restart from which it thinks its more fitting

i had a similar issue when i installed the belkin cd software along with the driver that came with the cd
had to completely remove the driver from the pc to get a consistant connection between xim and pc with sandhawc and the belkin easy transfer cable
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Jurmin

• View Profile
Re: unable to find usb transfer cable
« Reply #2 on: 05:15 AM - 12/02/17 »
Hi i just came across this thread trying to use my Belkin easy transfer cable with my xim4. I dont know where to look in the device manager to see which driver it is currently running. I'm on windows 10. Would it be under USB controllers?