XIM Community

Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]  (Read 120929 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]
« Reply #15 on: 06:55 PM - 01/04/17 »
Testing now on Ps4 Pro. I think steady aim doesnt work too well in Hip when values are >0 so i leave steady aim checked at value 0 in hip.  Would like to know if this is the same as SA4.

For ADS i have found 60 a good value for now.

I think its working similar to SA3 for Ads and SA4 for hip now...and it feels very promising

Thanks

OBsIV said "Boost=50 close match to SA4"  so wouldn't "0" make it vanilla ST2 even with Steady Aim Checked?

Yes that's correct. Zero Boost means SA5 is off.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:05 PM - 01/04/17 »
Ok i had to lower values on Hip,  i feel stable at 30. At 50 its seems to be some strange acceleration

Ads between 50-60 is playing well

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:10 PM - 01/04/17 »
The fact of lowering my sensitivity and increasing it with a boost is quite interesting..

the sensitivity is just for basic mechanics and boost helps with the acceleration of the sensitivity.

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #18 on: 07:14 PM - 01/04/17 »
I will hopefully get a chance to try this later in Destiny, currently still on SA3. Would be awesome if ppl could start stating what game they're testing their settings in too.

Offline ViolaMB

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ViolaMB
« Reply #19 on: 07:19 PM - 01/04/17 »
Lowering my sens with boost 60 on hip and ads works excellent in bf1. Aim assist and on target snaping at its finest.  Thank you so much for your work.
« Last Edit: 08:04 PM - 01/04/17 by ViolaMB »
XB1-S | XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Turtle beach EarForce Sentinel | Turtle beach DSS2 | Logitech G502 |

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07:23 PM - 01/04/17 »
Wow i removed my curve, and the ST version of cod ADS is better than what i am using now... This is mind blowing.. I ran tests:

3 different ADS curves in the firing range in cod4r

and with no curve i got the best shot with the ak74u with 18.5 seconds on my second run.. With the curves i was hitting 20's.

1:1 feeling with targets that do not involve aim assist.

EDIT: AA kick in with the slow motion with no curve ugh back to trying out edits..
« Last Edit: 07:38 PM - 01/04/17 by havoxxx »

Offline nene

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: king killer cj
« Reply #21 on: 07:24 PM - 01/04/17 »
Guess I give it a fee hours the report back

Offline knox66

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: shogun6x
« Reply #22 on: 01:25 AM - 01/05/17 »
Before i even start testing i want to say thank you OBsIV for adding in the sliding mechanic. I was going to hold on to SA1 till it broke.

Offline LiMiT

• Couchgamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01:50 AM - 01/05/17 »
I have been playing BF1 with the "normal" firmware releases and have gotten pretty good streaks using those.

Just to doublecheck, SA5 is the current "normal" firmware release (201612xx) with SteadyAim (in other words, I can use SA5 with my current "normal" firmware settings)? SA5 with SteadyAim off = 201612xx firmware?

Offline BlackMagic

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:57 AM - 01/05/17 »
So no curve works best?

Offline Bonjah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: OlaBonjah
« Reply #25 on: 06:02 AM - 01/05/17 »
Just a random question. Shouldn't all tests be done without curves to get same opinion on what feels right or wrong. I mean, if one run with out curves wont get the same as one with curves. Also type in what game u are using it in. I guess it behaves different in game to game?
PS4 Pro | XIM4 | BenQ RL2755HM | Logitech G403 & G502 | Razor Orbweaver | Destiny, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Overwatch

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08:09 AM - 01/05/17 »
Just a random question. Shouldn't all tests be done without curves to get same opinion on what feels right or wrong. I mean, if one run with out curves wont get the same as one with curves. Also type in what game u are using it in. I guess it behaves different in game to game?

+1

The big thing i noticed coming from STv2 with 20 boost and a slight curve to these new SA drops, is that they didn't need or i simply didn't use a curve and they felt really good vs AA..

For now i would suggest that everyone runs these SA drops without curves.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline chaloux

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: FrictionBrntAnis
« Reply #27 on: 08:12 AM - 01/05/17 »
Had a great night using SA5 in infinite warfare. No curve. 4400 DPI, with 36 sensitivity hip and I think 18.5 ads.  I used 10 boost hip, and started with 50 boost ADS. I moved to 60 for ads and it just felt fantastic so I didn't change anything after that. I probably could have dropped my sensitivity slightly but I really wasn't overshooting much. I am sure aim assist is working but I think being a high sensitivity player, plus this new firmware, I don't notice it at all.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:01 AM - 01/05/17 »
I don't like SA 5, i don't find settings that are as nice as SA3 is. I never used the Boost value since years in my settings. (yes I know, it's not the Boost value anymore in SA5, but I don't find a nice value for "Steady Aim" either)

I am playing only MWR, without curves.

SA5 with Boost = 50 for Hip and ADS feels worser than SA4 / SA3.

But thanks for your work ObSIV, many people will like it, but more for me it's to individual to set up and find a nice value. I am thinking all the time, that I could play better if my settings are better and SA4 is installed and ready to use... so maybe I will give SA5 a different try, if someone shares some good settings for MWR here.
« Last Edit: 01:06 PM - 01/16/17 by Sorothos »

Offline nodig

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:24 AM - 01/05/17 »
New to xim4 so after reading OP I've decided to not give it a test, i'll wait and see how people are finding it and will only install future official builds from now on.. Anyone know when we will get an official release for the Pro?