XIM Community

Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]  (Read 96052 times)

Offline elast7619

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: eLast7619
Re: Steady Aim [ADVANCED USERS ONLY]
« Reply #30 on: 09:33 AM - 01/05/17 »
First off I would like to say thank you to OB as well as all the members that have extensively tested these different Steady Aim configs. Having all these different options to cater to everyone's different needs is amazing. I would consider myself a low to mid sensitivity player so there are times where I find myself getting "stuck" outside of the hitbox. Those are usually close range engagements. I installed and put a few hours into SA3 since that seemed to be a popular choice. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to keep testing all the different versions. I will be going  to SA5 the next time I am on because I love how the option is there to modify the feeling of AA with both hip and ADS. My question is starting at 50 boost on either hip or ADS which direction will I go to either make the AA stronger or weeker? So would a lower boost value give me a stronger AA feeling?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10:17 AM - 01/05/17 »
they didn't need or i simply didn't use a curve and they felt really good vs AA..

For now i would suggest that everyone runs these SA drops without curves.

People have been using curves? Using no curve to keep variables low definitely seems like the way to test this.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline knox66

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: shogun6x
« Reply #32 on: 10:48 AM - 01/05/17 »
they didn't need or i simply didn't use a curve and they felt really good vs AA..

For now i would suggest that everyone runs these SA drops without curves.

People have been using curves? Using no curve to keep variables low definitely seems like the way to test this.

its hard not to run curves for hip at least in destiny. I feel that even with a great St you will always need that top end boost from a curve to snap a 180 around a corner with your shotty. Gotta red light that xim when your cqc clutching!!!!

Offline Dr_BallSticks

• "Curves make Godz"
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Godly Aim xo
  • PSN ID: Godly_aim
« Reply #33 on: 10:58 AM - 01/05/17 »
Question for Obsiv, I'm liking the steady aim 5 but can you elaborate more on what the steady aim value (boost) does. Like more "filtering or acceleration" etc..

I tried using 95 boost but there was weird jerky movements. Went to 85 and there's still the weird jerk but its a lot more subtle. I actually kinda like it, the jerk is only present when aiming in (during the transition) and when doing really small ADS movements. Best way i can describe it is the aim seems like it keeps moving even when i stop moving the mouse. for like a fraction of a second.

I also did notice that without my curve being applied the jerk is almost non existent on the same settings. So I'm thinking the curves acceleration is "stacking" with Steady aim 5 and making it more apparent? it's not even a jerk, it's more like a magnet. I move the mouse to the right and theres like a "ghost" velocity that keeps going in the same direction when i stop.  Except it never over shoots, it usually stops on target. idk. Anyway, i little more clarification would be awesome obsiv. i love playing with knobs. :)

First steady aim 5 test
The Weeknd - The reminder

http://xboxclips.com/Stoner+on+Addy/af1e10ce-4082-45e2-b4ac-953a60ce0b63

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11:09 AM - 01/05/17 »
Question for Obsiv, I'm liking the steady aim 5 but can you elaborate more on what the steady aim value (boost) does. Like more "filtering or acceleration" etc..

OBsIV already answered what the Steady Aim value ("Boost") does. It's from 10:45 AM - 06/27/16.

You can find his answer here: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=46808.msg567018#msg567018

Quote from: OBsIV
As you move from a value of 0-100 on Boost the system becomes more aggressive at holding your aim velocity and direction (vector) constant.

So it's the effect you described here:

it's not even a jerk, it's more like a magnet. I move the mouse to the right and theres like a "ghost" velocity that keeps going in the same direction when i stop.  Except it never over shoots, it usually stops on target. idk. Anyway, i little more clarification would be awesome obsiv. i love playing with knobs. :)
« Last Edit: 11:15 AM - 01/05/17 by Sorothos »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #35 on: 11:25 AM - 01/05/17 »

I agree, best to try without curves at first and add it back in if you really need it.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline arthred

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11:35 AM - 01/05/17 »
I just compared V3 to V4 in Overwatch ( cant test V5 cuz I need the boost for..idk tbh what the boost exactly does I guess its turnspeed or something xD ) and V3 feels better for me at first sight

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:21 PM - 01/05/17 »
Which version of SA is in the 20161127 firmware?

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01:39 PM - 01/05/17 »
SA5 does not work well with Destiny at all, it merely feels like added acceleration or deceleration depending on values used and not aim smoothing.

Really not a fan of using a value for SA either, different weapons behave very differently when it comes to AA in games like Destiny, you'd need very different values for a pulse versus a SG in Destiny for example which just makes things far too complicated.

Having Stv1 output (SA3) or SA4 would be the best solution for me.

Offline knox66

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: shogun6x
« Reply #39 on: 01:53 PM - 01/05/17 »
ID                       URL   Overrides-Boost   Notes
SA0(2016xxx)     link   No   Does not support Slim/Pro consoles
SA1(2016xxx)     link   Yes, values 1-100 only   Does not support Slim/Pro consoles
SA2(2016xxx)     link   No   Matches STv1 less than max turn speed
SA3(2016xxx)     link   No   Matches STv1 at any turn speed
SA4(20161229)   link   No   Combines qualities of SA0-SA3 based on feedback
SA5(20170104)   link   Yes, values 1-100 only   Adjustable version of SA4, Boost=50 close match to SA4

does anyone have what SW number goes with each of these??
i had 4.00.20160624 which i thought was SA1 and moved to 20161229 which was SA4

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02:23 PM - 01/05/17 »

IDURLOverrides-BoostNotes
SA0linkNoDoes not support Slim/Pro consoles
SA1linkYes, values 1-100 onlyDoes not support Slim/Pro consoles
SA2linkNoMatches STv1 less than max turn speed
SA3linkNoMatches STv1 at any turn speed
SA4linkNoCombines qualities of SA0-SA3 based on feedback
SA5linkYes, values 1-100 onlyAdjustable version of SA4, Boost=50 close match to SA4

Please provide feedback here (especially for more recent builds).

OBsIV, I have a question regarding SA0 build. Your chart above says SA0 does NOT override the boost box but in this old post where you had introduced SA0 for the first time, you said it did take over the boost box and reccomended a value between 1-100.

Here is your old post for easy reference: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=46808.msg562858#msg562858

So I was just wondering whether SA0 overrides boost or not.

Thanks.
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #41 on: 02:53 PM - 01/05/17 »

IDURLOverrides-BoostNotes
SA0linkNoDoes not support Slim/Pro consoles
SA1linkYes, values 1-100 onlyDoes not support Slim/Pro consoles
SA2linkNoMatches STv1 less than max turn speed
SA3linkNoMatches STv1 at any turn speed
SA4linkNoCombines qualities of SA0-SA3 based on feedback
SA5linkYes, values 1-100 onlyAdjustable version of SA4, Boost=50 close match to SA4

Please provide feedback here (especially for more recent builds).

OBsIV, I have a question regarding SA0 build. Your chart above says SA0 does NOT override the boost box but in this old post where you had introduced SA0 for the first time, you said it did take over the boost box and reccomended a value between 1-100.

Here is your old post for easy reference: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=46808.msg562858#msg562858

So I was just wondering whether SA0 overrides boost or not.

Thanks.

Oh, oops. I forgot about that -- thanks for pointing it out. I'll update the table. :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 02:56 PM - 01/05/17 »
Having Stv1 output (SA3) or SA4 would be the best solution for me.

Thanks for the feedback. So did SA4 vs SA5@50 feel that different you?

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:07 PM - 01/05/17 »
feels different to me.  Feels faster without the smoothing effect.  Ive been playing with sa5 for hours.

Higher sens lower boost makes aiming smoother but seems like less aa effect
lower sens higher boost makes aiming snappier almost feels like acceleration with stronger aa effect but go to high and you get some wonky mouse movements. 

Hip seems more sensitive to boost so have to keep it even lower. 

Still haven't found the perfect combo on sa5 but when i do i will be doing a blind test with 3 separate xims to pick a winner. 

Offline xCira LE

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Azoric
« Reply #44 on: 03:12 PM - 01/05/17 »
I have had a good play with SA5 today and i like that it can be adjusted with the boost. I think if it is possible, having a slider in the manager when this goes gold would be a great addition as everyone will like different values based on play style. You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but you can sure accommodate for them with a slider.

I was liking much more values below 50. I have settled on 35 for me, i find it a nice balance for my sensitivity to say in the bubble and not too easily push through it. Above 50 i was starting to push through the AA a bit too easily.

Great work!
Mice: G403 Prodigy, G502 Spectrum, G402 Hyperion Fury, Razer Deathadder Chroma, FinalMouse Scream One, FinalMouse Classic Ergo 2 (2017).
Keyboards: Corsair K65 RGB LUX, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma, Sony NAV
Console: XBOX ONE
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T
XIM4 running SA5 PD
Amazon Basics USB 2.0 powered Hub