XIM Community

Finally got it!!! Steelseries 840 headset. Fully wireless compatibility!  (Read 404 times)

Offline BlackmarketBilly

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BlackmarketBilly
So I did a ton of research for about a month on the best gaming headset to buy.  I landed on getting the Steelseries 840 headset.  After getting the headset I was having a hell of a time to get the chat to work.  Tried a USB dongle and some audio cards.  Nothing was working and I was getting pissed because its a pricey headset.  It's also pretty hard to find info on, especially in the xim4 community.

Turns out all my dumb @#$% had to do was plug in the USB cable from the headsets receiver to the PS4.  I now have a fully wireless setup that works flawlessly with the Xim4.  I have the option of feeding the sound through Optical or Analog.  Both work great.  I am so happy with the sound quality and functionality. 

I highly recommend this setup if you have the extra cash.  Just wanted to share because I know how frustrating it can be to find a fully wireless setup compatible with the xim4.

Offline Morre89

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: morre
Hallo. I have a problem with my 840. I have no optical input in my ps4. I dont know What to do!