XIM Community

ObsIV, please check the DS4 Pro  (Read 6423 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: ObsIV, please check the DS4 Pro
« Reply #30 on: 04:06 PM - 01/12/17 »
Ok, you mean audio over USB. No, we aren't currently working on that yet, sorry.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07:13 PM - 01/12/17 »
Ok, you mean audio over USB. No, we aren't currently working on that yet, sorry.

I'm kinda sad about that tbh. But thanks for answer the question.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #32 on: 10:45 AM - 01/13/17 »
Are you not currently using a USB audio adapter connected directly into your PS4?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:06 AM - 01/13/17 »
Are you not currently using a USB audio adapter connected directly into your PS4?

Yes I am, but I would give that up in a heartbeat to be able to use PTT.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:19 PM - 01/29/17 »
Shocked that it's not a priority, since it's a feature XBOX has :/
Can you confirm this OBsIV?

Latency? Yes, we've been planning on doing an experiment to see if it actually matters. Meaning, to see if you actually send input at 1ms if games actually react to it at that rate or if that fact that games run on a 60Hz (16ms) loop they effectively ignore it.

By my own experiments with a Cronus Max forced to 1000hz and a XIM4 running at default 125hz- yes, the game engines do respond to the higher polling rate. At least in COD games it is the case. Tested on a PS4.

The effect was quite visible to me, even in the test videos Ive recorded- there was less microstutter/jitter on horizontal pans. Like moving the camera horizontally very slowly at constant speed- the horizontal pan felt way smoother with the cronus at 1000hz compared to the xim4.

Ive been spot on with many other things in the past and Im absolutely confident that youll notice a difference as well if you test it properly.

I also think the next big thing that will be noticable for 80+% of xim users (once the feature is actually added and they can compare it to older firmwares) would be to make the xim use the proper timings and proper polling rates for each console. Now yes it will require some fair ammount of coding to make it work properly, especially with cross plattform controller support, but at the end it will be another huge mile stone and this work will benefit future console generations and XIM generations. This wont be a lost work so to speak, it will come in handy in the future.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:23 PM - 01/29/17 »
What game did you test? CoD?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline noregretd

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:14 PM - 01/30/17 »
PS4 Pro user here. Have been playing on PS4 Pro since launch day - Nov 10th.  BF1, BF4, COD IW, COD Remastered, Titanfall 2 . No difference whatsoever between PS 4 Pro and the original PS4. Using 1080P 60 HZ screen on a 46 inch Sony  Bravia XBR 2, which I bought in 2006 for $4000. I do not get any floaty feeling on PS4 Pro. My favorite ST is BF1 and my least favorite is Titanfall 2. Please note, I don't like to snipe, so all guns that I use are at 1X or 1.25X magnification.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:06 PM - 01/31/17 »
Ive tested with COD yes, which makes the most sense, due to very stable 60fps and in general a responsive engine and rather good aiming mechanics, compared to most other console fps games.