XIM Community

ObsIV, please check the DS4 Pro  (Read 6424 times)

Offline lh82p

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: lh82p
  • PSN ID: lh82p
Re: ObsIV, please check the DS4 Pro
« Reply #15 on: 11:53 AM - 12/02/16 »
Do we have an delay avantage with the pro controller? Because carney said that the pro controller is connect over the cable with the wired mode.
PS4 Pro
XIM4
XIM-Edge
DualShock 4 adaptermod (WIP)
XIM3
PS3 FAT R.I.P.
PS3 slim
Steelseries Sensei Wireless @ 8200dpi
Logitech K360 Keyboard
BenQ XL2720Z

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 06:25 PM - 12/02/16 »
Do we have an delay avantage with the pro controller? Because carney said that the pro controller is connect over the cable with the wired mode.

No, XIM4 always communicates with PS4 wired regardless of what controller you use with it.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline lh82p

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: lh82p
  • PSN ID: lh82p
« Reply #17 on: 02:35 PM - 12/06/16 »
PS4 Pro
XIM4
XIM-Edge
DualShock 4 adaptermod (WIP)
XIM3
PS3 FAT R.I.P.
PS3 slim
Steelseries Sensei Wireless @ 8200dpi
Logitech K360 Keyboard
BenQ XL2720Z

Offline ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:01 AM - 12/09/16 »
Nah, It's hooked up to the same monitor with no setting changed and all PS4 Pro settings matching the standard version. Including HDCP turned off.

Now that you mention USB, That's the one change I made and I wonder if ObsIV looked at that. There's a new option in the device settings that let's you choose whether the signal goes through USB or Bluetooth. I switched it to USB before trying any games. I'll see if switching it back to Bluetooth makes a difference.

Hello,  like Phil says,  theres a new option in device controller that let you select bluetooh or usb connection in PS4 pro. I changed to USB and dont know if its placebo or i noticed less lag?  Maybe ObsIV could answer us if Xim4 Changes anything between these two new forms of connecting DS4.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 08:18 PM - 12/09/16 »
Currently no -- you'll need to continue to use Bluetooth (default) mode in order to use it with your XIM4.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:01 AM - 12/10/16 »
I've been using it with the USb mode selected and haven't noticed any compatibility issues. However, performance seems the same.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 12:54 PM - 12/10/16 »
I've been using it with the USb mode selected and haven't noticed any compatibility issues. However, performance seems the same.

Ok, thanks for that compatibility info.

Offline lmyst1cal

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lMyst1caL_
« Reply #22 on: 06:16 AM - 01/12/17 »
Hate to necro a thread but it's still pretty high in the RC section. Will this be looked into ? as if the sony devs are saying there is less latency and it is more responsive in usb mode that's got to be a huge plus for ximmers. Wouldn't the xim4 be better running closely to the official polling rates of the ps4 controller ?.
People are saying it doesn't make a difference then why are sony recommending it for fighting or action games (fps, online competitive etc) where reactions count. I'm wondering if it is an issue where the xim4 doesn't have the power to handle such a change or if it will only change if scorpio improves the xbox's polling rate.
« Last Edit: 06:50 AM - 01/12/17 by lmyst1cal »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:56 AM - 01/12/17 »
It's does matter in gaming this conversation has been around for a long long time.

I'll just get straight to the point, the out come for the lasttime this conversation done the rounds was basically that its potentially code breaking, or it could introduce more bugs or inconsistencys. From my understanding from what OBsIV has said in the past, it's no easy feat.

Though I am one who would like to see the timings match each console controller. But I think it's basically a dead in the water situation. But imho from where we are now, milking every last drop from the XIM, this is what I consider the last sip in the cup.. I mean there are other things out that that could be worked on and probably are. Like comparability with other input devices. (I know TuffRabbit was big on flight stick support).

I mean really? People talk about responsiveness, but to me it's now harder than ever to nail down. What we have seen recently with the Steady Aim special firmware drops is that the XIM can be made to feel imho night and day responsive or more sluggish.

SA4 is a prime example of XIM feeling sluggish without altering the timing on the XIM. And similarly SA5 with the right tweaking can feel really twitchy while remaining accurate. Albeit making it a little harder to snipe, but SMG and Assault for me feel great, outside of the purpose for the SA drops (being made to see if XIM can handle Aim Assist better) if OBsIV had blindly told me that the SA5 firmware drop  was simply USB timings more inline with PS4 I would have believed him.

Maybe with PS4 pro, it could be a time that OBsIV could look into it, but is it worth the time now? I mean if the implications of this reached all PS4 users than yes, I would says it is indeed worthy of his time. But if it was just for PS4, Pro users? I don't know man, how many here actually have one of those? Is it even I'm the thousands on this very site? I doubt that.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline lmyst1cal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:48 AM - 01/12/17 »
Hi yes I understand. This would effect all ps4 users as the default latency is 4ms anyway with the official controller so this should benifet all ps4 users. Also the pro and slim use the same revision of controller. I really think it should be something thats looked into as sony wouldn't be saying its more responsive with less latency for nothing. The dev that said it is the man who lead the ps4 development

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:24 AM - 01/12/17 »
1000HZ polling on mice and keyboards for PC gaming is marketed. But it actually does make a difference yet many choose to play at 500hz.. and some even play at 125hz..

It could be tied into marketing, but it's bad marketing of they aren't just going to go the whole hog and try for that 1000hz..
I get that console have dedicated compute cycles for things such as this. But still..

As for XIM I'm not saying it's not something that I want. But I don't know how important it is right now. An example would be, that if this new controller passes Audio via USB aswell i'd much rather have a push to talk feature being worked on / figured out.

After that who knows?

Offline lmyst1cal

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:49 AM - 01/12/17 »
Yeah I agree it is something I think should have been sorted in the development stage of xim but I think was ignored to stop a platform war which shouldnt be the case. Also thw new controller does pass audio through it in usb mode but I'm sure I read it wasnt a priority. That should be a priority more than the ms talk but we will just have to wait and see. Bottom line I think it should run at the controllers polling rate in usb mode as the xim is supposidly in usb mode and yeah audio through usb should be looked at

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:11 PM - 01/12/17 »
Shocked that it's not a priority, since it's a feature XBOX has :/
Can you confirm this OBsIV?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #28 on: 01:19 PM - 01/12/17 »

Latency? Yes, we've been planning on doing an experiment to see if it actually matters. Meaning, to see if you actually send input at 1ms if games actually react to it at that rate or if that fact that games run on a 60Hz (16ms) loop they effectively ignore it.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:51 PM - 01/12/17 »

Latency? Yes, we've been planning on doing an experiment to see if it actually matters. Meaning, to see if you actually send input at 1ms if games actually react to it at that rate or if that fact that games run on a 60Hz (16ms) loop they effectively ignore it.

No, but i'll take that answer too.

I was meaning PS4 USB Push to Talk feature not being worked on?