XIM Community

Rapid fire  (Read 12984 times)

Offline APOPHIS

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xI APOPHIS Ix
Rapid fire
« on: 03:36 PM - 06/15/16 »
Common guys really? Was reading a post way back about how they will never implement "rapid fire" for the xim.  I hope this post brings some perspective to those who are lost when it comes to the rules and regulations of gaming hardware. Modded controllers are perfectly legal and you can google your fingers off to find out. In real life, one can mod pretty much any semi automatic gun to operate as fully automatic so there is no excuse for this feature to be left out. I spent 150$, and should be able to use this feature. Instead of having a personal outlook on the matter, maybe it would be a wise business decision to add something to your product to make it that much better.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid fire
« Reply #1 on: 04:32 PM - 06/15/16 »
Although I don't completely disagree with your post, there's cheaters everywhere these days and some say just using a M&KB is a cheat in itself. But I believe with OBsIV and team XIM it's really more of just a personal morale decision for them. I don't think they're completely against it. I think they just want this product to be known for it's precision rather then a cheating devise.

For that, I respect OBsIV and his team. They don't need to add Rapid fire to make sales, why? Because the currently sell the world's #1 M&KB adapter for consoles and it's because of ST's (precision) and not cheats.

I think they take pride in that, as well they should. TBH, I think a lot of this community takes pride in it as well.

So ... what should you do?

Simple,

Buy a Titan (or whatever the hell that things called) and use it with your XIM4. Then you can cheat all you want.
XB1 | C:M$ | XIM4 | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G402 | D: 4000 | P: 1000 | AAA setup [ON]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny Advanced Setup - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=39989.0
Battlefield 1 Setup - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=50289.0

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:33 PM - 06/15/16 »
Modded controllers are perfectly legal and you can google your fingers off to find out

for whatever reason i cannot find the corresponding part in the PSN ToS but here the quote from the XBL ToS

1.9 Are there things I can?t do on the Services? You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:
? Fraudulently increase the play count or otherwise manipulate the Services in any way, including using a script and/or otherwise automated process;

its still not legal
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:43 PM - 06/15/16 »
its still not legal

It's only a crime if you get caught ;)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:48 PM - 06/15/16 »
its still not legal

It's only a crime if you get caught ;)

Busted!   ;)
XB1 | C:M$ | XIM4 | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G402 | D: 4000 | P: 1000 | AAA setup [ON]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny Advanced Setup - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=39989.0
Battlefield 1 Setup - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=50289.0

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:52 PM - 06/15/16 »
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Inkopol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:27 AM - 07/17/16 »
So why do some people use their CM in xim4?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:38 AM - 07/17/16 »
So why do some people use their CM in xim4?

To add macros, as outlined above. The Xim4 handles the mouse and keyboard translation (because the CM sucks at it) and the CM adds macros, which the Xim doesn't and won't natively support.

Offline hashsnob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:16 PM - 07/28/16 »
In real life, one can mod pretty much any semi automatic gun to operate as fully automatic so there is no excuse for this feature to be left out.

You don't know much about guns, do you?

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #9 on: 04:23 PM - 07/28/16 »
what does it matter we all use 3rd party hardware to get an advantage when i comes to gaming. might as well go all out with rapid fire scripts and what not. there are a lot of people out there that thinks what we do is cheating already.
XIM4 | PS4 | PC | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Audio and Mic: Samson G-Track w/ ASTRO Mixamp | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster

Offline Kochise

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:19 AM - 07/31/16 »
Titan One and Cronus Max (ripped-off Titan One clone) both work with Xim4 for mods. SandhawC (Xim Commander) and a PC will also do the job.

I'm in the process of creating a script for Destiny that does the following -

1. adjustable rapid-fire that enables/disables on weapon swap (auto-fire disables Fusion Rifles & tracking Rocket Launchers, slows down Auto Rifles & Machine Guns), with quick-tap on Shoot button to auto-enable, just in case AF is off when it should be on in a firefight.
2. auto-fire LED indicator (green for on, red for off).
3. adjustable X&Y axis anti-recoil with optional ADS only.
4. one-press Shadestep and Evade (hold Circle for 100ms instead of double-click).
5. auto-Titan skate (auto-repeat X button press every XXXX ms).
6. Plan C recharge timer LED indicator (for Fusion Rifle users).
7. Blink / Shadestep timer LED.
8. auto-melee after shoot (for Shotgunners).
9. auto-disable auto-fire for Super (AF messes with Stormtrance).
10. auto-Shadestep after shoot (for Snipers).
11. turbo melee (rapid-fire R1).
12. auto-sprint (if W is pressed for XXXX ms, then sprint).
13. auto-res (if Square is pressed, auto-hold for XXXX ms).
14. auto-orbit (Touchpad + Triangle for XXXX ms).

This stuff is already out there, I'm just pulling it together in one script for my own use. I've just started playing around with the Nav controller and analog movement feels clunky, so I might integrate stick-pegging, auto-sprint and hair-triggers there too.

The name of the game here isn't cheating, it's automation and customisation. I'm doing it to enhance my experience, and to simply see if it's possible, rather than to cheat. My KDR is nowhere near good enough for any macro to have an impact on anyone else and I still need to aim, shoot and hit faster and more accurately than the other guy.

Auto-fire's the only consistently useful feature for any game (recoil patterns vary too much, so I don't use AR), depending on your load-out, and could be classed as cheating. But there are plenty of auto-fire weapons already making a mockery of Destiny PvP, like Doctrine of Passing, without my intervention. So I'll level the playing field for Pulse Rifles, Scout Rifles and Side-arms, which are the only weapons that take advantage of auto-fire, by simply taking the button-mashing out of the equation.

I personally perform best with a Hawksaw PR and a 1000-Yard Stare SR. Hawksaw benefits from auto-fire because I don't need to worry about timing or knocking my aim off with a button press, and no script will improve sniping in Destiny (auto-target and/or auto-hold breath in CoD / BF would help). That's how I use the Titan One 99% of the time - everything else is purely for experimenting with builds, loadouts and skills and is too situational to run all of the time.

In my view, cheating is things like hacked lobbies, aimbots, wallhacks and lag-switches, stuff that directly impacts everyone else's experience. Mostly, what you're doing with a Titan One is automating button presses within the constraints of the game mechanics. There are things like jitter scripts for Black Ops 3 that are very difficult to do without a T1/CM, but you're telegraphing yourself as a cheat and begging to be reported by doing it.

It's your game, play it your way, as long as it's not hurting anyone else's experience. I have no problem with Xim's ethical stance on macros, but there are devices out there that pair with a Xim to do what you want.

How's this script coming?

I gave up on T1 not authenticating.  Ordered a CM+ and worked on first try.  Then removed it after flashing purple lights. 

CM and all things related to it including website and manual are a blatant ripoff.  Honestly I'm not sure how they go away without a lawsuit.  I only purchased it b/c the T1 refused to authenticate with XIM attached.

Offline killawink64

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Fouldeth
« Reply #11 on: 01:38 PM - 08/01/16 »
Haxxorz, L2P!  :P

Offline Maxxgold

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #12 on: 07:24 AM - 08/02/16 »
+1 to the OP. I'm waiting for the Titan Two to drop, but it would be nice if these features were just added into the Xim4. The squad I play against on my Xbox One all use modded controllers with Rapid Fire and Anti Recoil, which got me looking for these things for us Xim users. I wish we could get these features with our Xim's but I guess I can support the Titan Two if I have to! It seems to me if OBsIV had a device with all these features that sales would go up 1000 percent. Why would anyone buy another device if the Xim could do it all? We all know how awesome our Xim's are for mouse accuracy, especially compared to the competition.
3 Monitor Dual 1080GTX 384bit Nvidia I7 PC
Xbox One
Xbox 360
PS4
PS3
Vita
3DS
Tango Black Ops 2 Headset
PX5 Headset
PS4 Gold Headset
Sony Nav Controller
Razer Naga 2014
Razer Naga Molten
Razer Naga Blue

Offline tails72

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10:26 AM - 08/02/16 »
you could always just buy a bloody mouse

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:11 PM - 08/02/16 »
you could always just buy a bloody mouse

Bloody mice are slippery and don't track well. The smell of iron also puts some people off.

+1 to the OP. I'm waiting for the Titan Two to drop, but it would be nice if these features were just added into the Xim4. The squad I play against on my Xbox One all use modded controllers with Rapid Fire and Anti Recoil, which got me looking for these things for us Xim users. I wish we could get these features with our Xim's but I guess I can support the Titan Two if I have to! It seems to me if OBsIV had a device with all these features that sales would go up 1000 percent. Why would anyone buy another device if the Xim could do it all? We all know how awesome our Xim's are for mouse accuracy, especially compared to the competition.

Ethical issues aside, adding "cheating" capabilities to the Xim could lead to the device being blocked by Sony and MS (assuming they invested the time and money into detecting it). The odds of that are slim, but is it worth risking your livelihood over?

The solution could be to offer a Tournament Mode or firmware, which disables all macros.
« Last Edit: 06:25 PM - 08/02/16 by antithesis »