XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 313789 times)

Offline coppacity

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #1665 on: 05:45 PM - 04/02/18 »
I was going to buy OW on the PS4 until I read this thread. I think I'll save the 30 bucks and get it on PC and deal with potential hackers.

After being spoiled with BF on the XIM it's hard to deal with significantly inferior interfaces.

BF1 feels sooo good compared to Overwatch. It feels PC-like. The deadzones are so big you can flick and turn pretty hardcore without feedback from the xim.

So another little update, i actually never used the xim4 or now the apex without sandhawc/link. Decided to do a direct hookup of my kb/m into the little usb hub that goes into the apex and it actually did feel a little better.

What was more interesting however was the sensitivity. So with xim link and 3200 dpi 500hz sync at common i needed a sens of 4.00 to have a 360/cm of about 37-40cm. When directly connecting kb/m to the hub and not using xim link i needed to double that value to 8. What's up with that? Literally all settings the same, but without xim link i needed to double the sens in xim manager to get the same turning speed.

Maybe there are some kinks still in xim link seeing as how its still only a beta? I also wonder just how much extra latency it might introduce, its meant to be a passthrough, but that doesn't mean the added delay is absolutely 0, but i would think it can't add more than a few ms. I bring that up because the direct connection did feel a bit better as i said and the only explanation i can come up with is shaving off some more delay could be why or it was just absolute placebo. The sensitivity difference still stands tho....

Wondering if youve turned off Steady Aim like the other dude in this thread mentioned? I know I havent so I am very curious what will happen if I do.

Offline coppacity

• View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 09:17 PM - 04/02/18 »
Wondering if youve turned off Steady Aim like the other dude in this thread mentioned? I know I havent so I am very curious what will happen if I do.

Quoting myself. I cannot find this in the settings. This must be an Apex setting? Couldnt find anything about steady aim in the overwatch ingame settings.

Offline mattyb98

• View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 10:38 PM - 04/02/18 »
Steady aim was a xim4 feature mainly created to be utilised with call of duty games. The idea was that it would lessen the feel of aim assist. It is not present on xim apex and has been replaced by smoothing a better more precise way of adapting your aim and syncronisation which can also help you to find an aim assist style you like here is the 4 sync methods with least aim assist feel to most: off default common slow.

Offline coppacity

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 11:13 PM - 04/02/18 »
Steady aim was a xim4 feature mainly created to be utilised with call of duty games. The idea was that it would lessen the feel of aim assist. It is not present on xim apex and has been replaced by smoothing a better more precise way of adapting your aim and syncronisation which can also help you to find an aim assist style you like here is the 4 sync methods with least aim assist feel to most: off default common slow.

I see. Those features must be built into the beta firmware which ive yet to download. I heard some other members of the board mention smoothing 7 and ive been using that with some dope success. Might upload some clips at some point.

Offline agile_toaster

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Agile_toaster
« Reply #1669 on: 05:12 PM - 04/04/18 »
100 aim assist
50-80 window depending on character
12kdpi
65 average xim sens (50-65) depending on character

i still can't find a widow setting if anyone has one plz post it.

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 07:14 PM - 04/04/18 »
100 aim assist
50-80 window depending on character
12kdpi
65 average xim sens (50-65) depending on character

i still can't find a widow setting if anyone has one plz post it.

There is no widow setting, everyone has their preferences so just find your sensitivity thats right for you and stick with it. One thing i'll say is for very pin point accurate heroes like McCree or Widowmaker a smaller aim assist window will be better as the larger window will slow you down too much when trying to hit targets with flick heroes.

Offline coppacity

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 09:38 AM - 04/05/18 »
I can second what Malinkadink said. I think with MKB, a lower window is generally more precise. Even on controller I rolled with a window of 10 and aim assist 90. I find this to work out very well with little issues. Only issue is when a Genji dashes by it seems to drag my crosshair.

I main McCree and the dinks are very real. 1000hz polling, 12k DPi, 90 aim assist strength and 10 window, and I think 60 Xim Apex sensitivity with 7 smoothing.

Offline in_and_out

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: assaissn
« Reply #1672 on: 07:05 PM - 04/12/18 »
so i just got the xim apex seem to be great. but i was wondering why my settings are so low compared to everyone else.

im running 3600k dpi with 1000 pooling rate  with xim sense @ 12 .

i see everyone else running 12k dpi with the same sense. am i doing something wrong or should i not worry about it.

Offline Joeyknock0

• Switch FC: 1643-1675-3606
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Willum DeGrey
« Reply #1673 on: 12:28 PM - 04/13/18 »
So many variables have been introduced since the Apex was released. Between multiple different polling rates, DPIs, and synchronization settings, it's hard to match somebody else's sensitivity unless you copy their exact setup. I wouldn't worry about comparing sensitivities too much, as each person has their own unique level of dexterity. Just keep using what's comfortable for you.

Offline ARightProperLad

• View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 04:27 PM - 04/13/18 »
So many variables have been introduced since the Apex was released. Between multiple different polling rates, DPIs, and synchronization settings, it's hard to match somebody else's sensitivity unless you copy their exact setup. I wouldn't worry about comparing sensitivities too much, as each person has their own unique level of dexterity. Just keep using what's comfortable for you.

I've never been a fan of "everyone has their own special perfect setting"

There has to be correlation between a certain sensitivity range and having the best mechanical skill possible or at least the perfect sens to LEARN.

For example, the sweet spot for PC Overwatch is regarded to be 4000 - 5500 edpi (with 800 dpi on mouse being most popular) and nearly all Pro Players and most Diamond and above stick close to that range while using their entire arm to aim.

Back in the XIM4 days a 4500SR OW XIM player had a support thread to help people with their configs and a lot of us benefited from using his settings, hell I went from 2000SR to 3400SR, unfortunately I'm having problems replicating it on APEX.
XIM Apex - G502 12k DPI 1000Hz w/ Steelseries Qck Mousepad - K120 Keyboard - BenQ RL2455HM Monitor - PS4 Pro

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: 06:00 PM - 04/13/18 »

I've never been a fan of "everyone has their own special perfect setting"

There has to be correlation between a certain sensitivity range and having the best mechanical skill possible or at least the perfect sens to LEARN.

For example, the sweet spot for PC Overwatch is regarded to be 4000 - 5500 edpi (with 800 dpi on mouse being most popular) and nearly all Pro Players and most Diamond and above stick close to that range while using their entire arm to aim.

Back in the XIM4 days a 4500SR OW XIM player had a support thread to help people with their configs and a lot of us benefited from using his settings, hell I went from 2000SR to 3400SR, unfortunately I'm having problems replicating it on APEX.

It's pretty simple with APEX, no need for any curves, just use whatever you use on PC as far as dpi goes. For example i use 800 dpi and 5 sens on PC OW. That gives me just over 1 foot of physical distance for a full 360.

Go into training ground, find a spot where you can test a 360 distance somewhere where you wont hit the aim assist bubble on a target when doing your spin as that will effect that value.

So my settings:

Overwatch ST (Do not use Console Controller Crossover unless you're on a XIM4)
500hz polling
800 dpi
16 sensitivity
Sync Common (game is 60 fps, use common, game is 30 fps use slow, otherwise if there are issues try default or off)
Exponential Ramp

As for aim assist its going to depend on your preference but i think
100 Strength and 10 Window is universally good.

The real challenge with OW on consoles is getting used to the 80ms+ input lag, and the poor aiming techniques that are offered. Linear Ramp is what this game should have launched with, they finally added it with a crazy deadzone you'd even notice it with a controller, and to "fix" that they added aim ease. They keep adding all this complexity to the aiming when all it needs is Linear Ramp done properly like Battlefield or COD. They also should have never even added aim assist settings beyond on/off and just had copied bf or cod there as well.

Offline mattyb98

• View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 08:23 PM - 04/14/18 »
You really should use 1000hz if your mouse can maintain a stable 1000hz connection its different from pc where 1000hz is still seen as better but its a minor difference and lots of players change via preference with apex everything works better with the 1ms delay 1000hz setting also the ps4 usb ports and probably xbox as well not sure poll at 1ms  natively. Although it wont make a massive difference i do believe 1000hz if possible with your periferalls is objectively better

Offline MercyOneTrick

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: 04:39 AM - 04/17/18 »
It's pretty simple with APEX, no need for any curves, just use whatever you use on PC as far as dpi goes. For example i use 800 dpi and 5 sens on PC OW. That gives me just over 1 foot of physical distance for a full 360.

Go into training ground, find a spot where you can test a 360 distance somewhere where you wont hit the aim assist bubble on a target when doing your spin as that will effect that value.

So my settings:

Overwatch ST (Do not use Console Controller Crossover unless you're on a XIM4)
500hz polling
800 dpi
16 sensitivity
Sync Common (game is 60 fps, use common, game is 30 fps use slow, otherwise if there are issues try default or off)
Exponential Ramp

As for aim assist its going to depend on your preference but i think
100 Strength and 10 Window is universally good.

The real challenge with OW on consoles is getting used to the 80ms+ input lag, and the poor aiming techniques that are offered. Linear Ramp is what this game should have launched with, they finally added it with a crazy deadzone you'd even notice it with a controller, and to "fix" that they added aim ease. They keep adding all this complexity to the aiming when all it needs is Linear Ramp done properly like Battlefield or COD. They also should have never even added aim assist settings beyond on/off and just had copied bf or cod there as well.
Thatís your issue right there. You canít just use what you use on PC on the XIM theyíre quite different. XIM likes higher DPI anywhere from 3000 all the way up to 16000. PC you can get away with running low DPI like 400 to 800 but those low DPI values do not work well at all on the XIM. Try increasing your DPI to 3200+ and see if that helps.
Logitech G903 lightspeed wireless
Razer Blackwidow Chroma OW edition

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 05:55 PM - 04/18/18 »
So i recently went on a mouse hunt specifically because i was looking to get something wireless. Best wireless mice meant going logitech, picked up a G903, immediately felt a difference with it on PC vs my DA Chroma, it was definitely better, but the ambidextrous design wasn't as good as the ergonomics of the DA. This led me to return the 903 and get a 703, same sensor and all just for right hand users and it definitely felt better but still not quite as good as the DA, or maybe im just used to the DA and need to spend at least a week or more with the 703.

I also went and got a DA Elite as its an improved version of the DA Chroma i have and honestly i'm not seeing the improvements. Its 10k dpi vs 16k dpi, okay.... the dpi switching buttons are a nice touch, and the feet on the elite are better and allow the mouse to glide better, but overall its not a revolutionary thing.

Putting the G703 and the DA:E to the test now in OW i can confidently say is no contest. The Logitech mouse is much much better. 3366 sensor is very very good, while the 3389 is good only when you're using it at an appropriate DPI which is another way of saying 1800 or lower.

I think what this comes down to is how much smoothing is applied at the various DPI levels.

Take a look at this outline here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/5haxn4/sensor_smoothing/#bottom-comments

3366 has the same 2 frames of smoothing at any DPI. 3389 has 32 frames of smoothing above 1800 dpi and with the XIM you want to run as high a dpi as possible, or at least 3200.

So we're looking at a difference of smoothing of 0.4ms vs 6.4ms

That definitely has something to do with why the G703 feels significantly better, among any other voodoo witchcraft logitech has done to make the 3366 feel this good. It actually has helped my aim and tracking by a fair margin on consoles with the apex, and i urge anyone that doesn't already have a mouse with a 3366 sensor to go out and buy one. It's an incredible match with the XIM, and i can't believe i didn't know this sooner.

As for PC, well considering i run my mice at 800 dpi there's really no difference between the sensors for me, maybe a slight edge to the 3366, but at the same time the DA feels better in the hand so i'd just call it even.