XIM Community

Post your Overwatch Settings  (Read 336830 times)

Offline squared

• View Profile
Re: Post your Overwatch Settings
« Reply #30 on: 07:31 AM - 06/03/16 »
The easiest way is to try your max possible DPI + hz versus something lower. You will notice a difference right away and will instantly know which setting you prefer.

It's hard to explain how they behave. A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case.. You get the idea.

Thanks again, but it seems as if I might not make myself clear.

I have tried lowering DPI+Hz. I have a g502 mouse with max 5700 DPI / 1000Hz polling. What I would like to know (if it's even possible to explain) is how it "should feel" if I play with 5700 DPI /500Hz instead, or how it "should feel" with e.g. 4000 DPI / 1000 Hz.

Yesterday I finished at 3000 DPI / 1000Hz, but it still doesn't feel 100%. Going to try 3500 DPI / 1000Hz today.

But yeah, any explanations as to what exactly it feels like with lower/higher DPI vs lower/higher Hz would be gratly appreciated :)

Why don't you just try every option and see what feels best to you personally?  It takes less time to test it out then to make all these posts.  Everyone has different opinions and preferences so I wouldn't just take everyone's word on "feel" in regards to games like this.

Offline Kinkzor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kinkzor
« Reply #31 on: 07:51 AM - 06/03/16 »
What i am curious is, is there noticeable input lag, or a "soupy" feeling to the controls? Or is it smooth?

Offline tehcrs

• Pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07:55 AM - 06/03/16 »
Input lag none, smoothness? Well, smooth, yeah.. Kinda wobbly tho, which has gotten better with lower DPI for me.
XB1 - 32" Full HD LCD - Razer Orbweaver - Logitech G303

Offline MrChisel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09:51 AM - 06/03/16 »
The easiest way is to try your max possible DPI + hz versus something lower. You will notice a difference right away and will instantly know which setting you prefer.

It's hard to explain how they behave. A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case.. You get the idea.

I have tried lowering DPI+Hz. I have a g502 mouse with max 5700 DPI / 1000Hz polling. What I would like to know (if it's even possible to explain) is how it "should feel" if I play with 5700 DPI /500Hz instead, or how it "should feel" with e.g. 4000 DPI / 1000 Hz.

Yesterday I finished at 3000 DPI / 1000Hz, but it still doesn't feel 100%. Going to try 3500 DPI / 1000Hz today.

But yeah, any explanations as to what exactly it feels like with lower/higher DPI vs lower/higher Hz would be gratly appreciated :)

Why don't you just try every option and see what feels best to you personally?  It takes less time to test it out then to make all these posts.  Everyone has different opinions and preferences so I wouldn't just take everyone's word on "feel" in regards to games like this.

I respectfully disagree :)

I can set DPI to any integer between 0-5700, and I have about 10 or so different polling-rate steps. Trying every option would be very time-consuming, and the problem is I am not 100% sure what I am looking for (so there's is a high risk of "placebo" effect or misinterpreting what's going on).

Thus, getting a more in-depth explanation of how a higher vs lower DPI (e.g. is it more jittery and precise with higher, and smoother but less precise with lower?), and polling rates (honestly have no idea what to even suggest here :) ) would be fantastic!

Edit: Also, trust me, I HAVE tried out a lot of things. Spent many hours doing it. But just like I wouldn't be fiddling with overclocking my PC or GPU without knowing what to look for (FPS changes, temperatures, artefacts, crashes, etc etc), I would like to have as much background knowledge on this as possible to save time. It also helps the community, because I am sure I am not the only one wondering.

Offline squared

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:35 AM - 06/03/16 »

I can set DPI to any integer between 0-5700, and I have about 10 or so different polling-rate steps. Trying every option would be very time-consuming, and the problem is I am not 100% sure what I am looking for (so there's is a high risk of "placebo" effect or misinterpreting what's going on).

Thus, getting a more in-depth explanation of how a higher vs lower DPI (e.g. is it more jittery and precise with higher, and smoother but less precise with lower?), and polling rates (honestly have no idea what to even suggest here :) ) would be fantastic!

Edit: Also, trust me, I HAVE tried out a lot of things. Spent many hours doing it. But just like I wouldn't be fiddling with overclocking my PC or GPU without knowing what to look for (FPS changes, temperatures, artefacts, crashes, etc etc), I would like to have as much background knowledge on this as possible to save time. It also helps the community, because I am sure I am not the only one wondering.

So you're saying you don't know 100% what you're looking for, have tried tons of settings, but still want others opinions?  That's because like I said, it's subjective as can be in a game that doesn't come close to 1:1 PC feel like this. 

I settled on 8200 DPI 500hz after playing a bit with 1000hz as well.  Seemed a tiny bit more steady when playing Tracer, didn't notice on others.  My biggest issue is that I also play on PC so it's a bit of a funky feeling going back and forth control wise.

If you want to bring up that it "helps the community", why haven't you posted all of your settings that you tested and how they actually "feel"?  You spent so many hours, so please share.

Offline davey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:51 AM - 06/03/16 »
Lowering the DPI and polling rate made a huge difference for me on Overwatch.

I'm using a Razer Mamba mouse, and previously had my DPI set to 6400 and 1000 polling rate. It was playable but a bit jittery and overall was difficult to aim.

Lowered my DPI to 4000, 500 polling rate and disabled acceleration made a massive difference, my aiming has improved greatly for all hero's. I had to increase XIM sensitivity to 60 from 40 though, as it slowed down mouse movements a lot.

I recommend others try this if they are struggling to get their settings right.

Offline Ceejzor

• Born To Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12:01 PM - 06/03/16 »
I keep having the most annoying issue and can't seem to find how to fix it.  So let me describe it and see if any others are having the same issue.

Using 5600dpi at 500 polling,  have messed around with tons of different settings and when I'm turning or looking it will ALWAYS like float off to the right side like literally turn my character to the right. 

@#$% is this annoying issue,  getting to point it's turning me off from playing overwatch :(

Offline humanfemale

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:56 PM - 06/03/16 »
Quote from: KyrenCooper
what ST is everyone else running
So far I haven't seen anyone with stable 2014xxx firmware report back if aim assist feels better :\

Quote from: KyrenCooper
and are they having issues with vertical combat (i.e. hitting a phara as she's floating around (which is fairness should be an easy kill...)

Yes she is just floating there stationary, sitting duck, and I'm breaking my wrist trying to line it up but can't. It's so frustrating I have no desire to play.

Quote from: Ceejzor
when I'm turning or looking it will ALWAYS like float off to the right side

Sounds like an eyelash got into your sensor try to blow it out.

Offline potatogirth

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: potatogirth
« Reply #38 on: 02:21 PM - 06/03/16 »
I lowered my DPI (6400) and & hz (500) and that seemed to help a lot, thanks guys for posting that setup.  :)

It's hard to do any kind of snap move. I never had this issue in other games I've used the Xim on. For instance on McCree if I'm pre-aiming mid section and I see a Reinhardt that has his barrier up I need to do a flick-flashbang over his shield instead I'm fighting with my mouse to pull upward the entire time. 

But, overall I have been enjoying the game. Any curve advice?

I'm thinking about a sub-profile with a heavy acceleration curve that I hold down while aiming on-target then use default ST for looking around.

Offline frozentoast

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: onetrickpony_
« Reply #39 on: 03:13 PM - 06/03/16 »
I'm using 8200 dpi 1000hz
ingame maxed
hip 10

this is the smoothest / most comfortable for me but I wouldn't mind a curve helping me combat that dreadful AA.

Offline graphics05

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03:22 PM - 06/03/16 »
I cant play this game with my xim as is. The AA is to the point im fighting fan the hammer trying to pull it down. Playing phara is almost impossible fighting the aim assist to lead shots.

Offline frozentoast

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03:54 PM - 06/03/16 »
I cant play this game with my xim as is. The AA is to the point im fighting fan the hammer trying to pull it down. Playing phara is almost impossible fighting the aim assist to lead shots.

your settings don't seem to be right. I have no problem adjusting fan the hammer and leading targets with farrah. In fact, I find pharah to be one of my best characters.

Offline MrChisel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04:54 PM - 06/03/16 »

So you're saying you don't know 100% what you're looking for, have tried tons of settings, but still want others opinions?  That's because like I said, it's subjective as can be in a game that doesn't come close to 1:1 PC feel like this. 

I settled on 8200 DPI 500hz after playing a bit with 1000hz as well.  Seemed a tiny bit more steady when playing Tracer, didn't notice on others.  My biggest issue is that I also play on PC so it's a bit of a funky feeling going back and forth control wise.

If you want to bring up that it "helps the community", why haven't you posted all of your settings that you tested and how they actually "feel"?  You spent so many hours, so please share.

Wow, what's with the tone?

I did not say I want other's opinions. Read my example again please. Or, if you're gonna keep being a dick about it, don't.

Offline frozentoast

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05:13 PM - 06/03/16 »

I did not say I want other's opinions. Read my example again please. Or, if you're gonna keep being a dick about it, don't.

I agree. Sometimes you just don't know what you are looking for. thats why I'm always trying other people's settings. It was the same thing with bo3. couldnt find proper settings for weeks and it felt awful and frustrating and then i copied headhunter's setup and it worked like a charm.

Offline squared

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06:45 PM - 06/03/16 »

How can you hear tone from text?  I'm not being a dick, I'm giving my opinion on settings stating this game is definitely subjective on "feel" which is what you asked about.  You're asking about hz and dpi, there's not much to talk about outside of opinion on that "feel".  You didn't mention curves or anything.  No need to be overly sensitive.  I highlighted where you asked for feel, which is an opinion.

Like I said, please share your findings so far.  I'm genuinely interested since you invested hours into testing.

With that said, I have a pretty solid setup and curve so far getting me decently close to the PC feel.  I feel I mostly have beaten the aim assist a bit in medium/close range.  Widow is only decent I still need more time playing her on console.  http://imgur.com/rL6KBmJ
« Last Edit: 06:58 PM - 06/03/16 by squared »