XIM Community

Rainbow Six Siege curve 5.4.17v2.5  (Read 81617 times)

Offline B00STED

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: | B00STED |
Re: R6S Curve 9.22.16v2.0
« Reply #15 on: 02:20 PM - 09/22/16 »
Whole new configuration posted! Enjoy :)

Posted in the OP? Is it just updated?

I've never used a curve on R6S, I've found the ST to work fine. I wouldn't mind trying out a good curve though and see what happens :)

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: R6S Curve 9.22.16v2.0
« Reply #16 on: 02:22 PM - 09/22/16 »
Whole new configuration posted! Enjoy :)

Posted in the OP? Is it just updated?

I've never used a curve on R6S, I've found the ST to work fine. I wouldn't mind trying out a good curve though and see what happens :)

yeah its in OP, i needed to let people try this out lol its doing wonders for me.

Offline Peter Lemon

• View Profile
Re: Rainbow Six Siege Curve 9.22.16v2.0
« Reply #17 on: 08:29 PM - 10/03/16 »
Why the ST curve is called 1:1 but it's got some acceleration and huge sensitivity jump at the higher end. To me 1:1 is move your mouse slowly or rapidly and you get the same turning angle.

There's also more sensitivity to the left then there is to the right in R6S ST curve - has anyone noticed?

Is is possible to counter acceleration with a curve?

Offline future

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:06 AM - 10/04/16 »
Hello. Where should i Put in the entire config?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:00 PM - 10/04/16 »
Hello. Where should i Put in the entire config?

click the three dots, then click the arrow with the square.

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:04 PM - 10/04/16 »
Why the ST curve is called 1:1 but it's got some acceleration and huge sensitivity jump at the higher end. To me 1:1 is move your mouse slowly or rapidly and you get the same turning angle.

There's also more sensitivity to the left then there is to the right in R6S ST curve - has anyone noticed?

Is is possible to counter acceleration with a curve?

Why is the basic smart translator liner line a 1:1 curve? i am quite confused by your question or are you talking about my curve?

Offline Peter Lemon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:14 AM - 10/05/16 »
Why is the basic smart translator liner line a 1:1 curve? i am quite confused by your question or are you talking about my curve?
Oh I'm sorry - totally my bad. Looking at the picture of your curve I thought you were about to fix the standard 1:1 curve which isn't totally linear imho. I tried your first curve and it made some progress heading 1:1. Now finally I managed to download your updated S-curve and found out this was not even your intention. So my bad.

Offline nlimx3

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:16 PM - 10/05/16 »
Great curve I love it using your settings (Dpi and polling rate) and its almost flawless. I just have one question are you using angle snapping I use a logitech g303 and i feel like angle snapping helps but for this game I really can't tell. I still have problems with getting one taps from far away. Just wondering if you use it. Thanks again for the great curve

Offline widepok

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:08 AM - 10/06/16 »
can i use this on ps4?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:15 PM - 10/06/16 »
can i use this on ps4?

of course lol its worth a shot if you do not like the original St feeling.

Offline Zimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:22 PM - 10/06/16 »
Been meaning to stop in and thank you for your setup. have a 1.9kd and 8.4 win loss in ranked right now. loving this setup.

Offline ZTOHS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:55 PM - 11/10/16 »
Have you tried increasing the game sensitivity to max 100 and just convert your xim sensitivity?

In my experience, I found that using the highest DPI and In game settings and lowering the XIM sensitivity, makes a big difference in the micro movements. (A lot smoother) Regular movements should be the same if you adjust by doing the math to match your current settings. I'd start with increasing the DPI and adjust xim settings. Then increase in game settings to the new format of 100 instead of 83 and adjust xim setting again.

One more piece that helped me was adjusting the ADS delay; Although Siege is a little bit better with the update. ADS delay has been key with the snappier and faster movement when rushing in. I think 200-300ms is a good number. I suggest practicing in a private match and start with one bullet hole and gauge how fast and accurate you can get to that spot, zooming out and in.

Formula should be similar to changing DPI:

In game Sen * xim sen / max in game sense (100)

PS your settings and curve have been a great foundation to kick starting my XIM4 experience. Really really appreciate your post. Thx bud

PSS If you feel like your settings is perfect, then please don't even bother changing. Just like anything, it's important to commit to your set-up and master it. Shut down all the thinking. This is for those who really want to break it down to a granular level and still searching for their perfect setting. Hopefully this can help someone out there. Cheers!
« Last Edit: 03:19 PM - 11/10/16 by ZTOHS »

Offline ZTOHS

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:11 PM - 11/10/16 »
One last thought, BOOST.

I found it very inconsistent when you have boost for ADS. One day you can be Aim botting like a mad man and the next day it can be a bit off. Done lots of research and testing and came to the conclusion to just slightly raise the sens on the xim and take out boost completely for ADS. I can't really feel it on hip fire, but I plan on doing more testing. I left HIP at 400 for now, just cause I don't like change, if I don't see a big improvement. 

FYI - I used Havoxxx Ballistic curve under the "Versatile Curve," which is one curve for both HIP and ADS. I tried this forums current and previous curve and just couldn't commit to it. Perhaps I put more time into the Versatile Curve and perfected it into my liking. All I can say is test, test, test. BUT bottom line if you're new to XIM and a Siege fanatic you came to the right forum. Thanks again Havoxxx. This is probably the first forum I inputted my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: 03:20 PM - 11/10/16 by ZTOHS »

Offline mazeeree

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05:20 PM - 11/10/16 »
I don't know what's wrong but since release I struggle to find the perfect R6 settings -.- the first couple of official STs were unplayable for me so I sticked to the BF4 ST and did pretty well. Now I have tried your settings and I think it really messed up my muscle memory for this game :( it feels as though I'm playing with a steering wheel. Every single movement feels way off and unnatural, as if my brain hemispheres were swapped. Any tip from your side how to relieve this feeling? I mean, I'm not doing too bad with the BF4 ST but its too inconsistent at times.

Offline TotalRoss

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TotalRoss
« Reply #29 on: 09:52 AM - 11/11/16 »
I don't know what's wrong but since release I struggle to find the perfect R6 settings -.- the first couple of official STs were unplayable for me so I sticked to the BF4 ST and did pretty well. Now I have tried your settings and I think it really messed up my muscle memory for this game :( it feels as though I'm playing with a steering wheel. Every single movement feels way off and unnatural, as if my brain hemispheres were swapped. Any tip from your side how to relieve this feeling? I mean, I'm not doing too bad with the BF4 ST but its too inconsistent at times.

What mouse / sensitivity / DPI are you using?
Can you post more about your set up so people can get an idea of what "feels" wrong?